- Experience in a fast - paced agile environment as QA/ ETL Test Analyst with Manual testing skills and practical experience in Agile Scrum environment
- Extensive experience in gathering System Specifications, Functional, Technical requirements and expertise in writing test plans, test cases/procedures, test scripts and analyzing the test results.
- In depth understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and Bug Life Cycle (BLC). And QA methodologies including Waterfall and Agile methodologies to ensure appropriate Quality Control.
- Extensive experience in writing SQL scripts to validate the database systems and for backend database testing.
- Strong hands on experience with all levels of testing including System testing and Functional testing
- Extensive experience in testing packages using SSIS to verify data completeness, data transformation, data quality, integration testing, regression testing and UAT.
- Experience in the Analysis, design, development, testing, and Implementation of Business Intelligence solutions using Data Warehouse/ Data Mart, ETL, Client/Server applications.
- Strong working testing experience on DSS (Decision Support Systems) applications, and Extraction, Transformation and Load (ETL) of data from Legacy systems using Informatica, SSRS and SQL Server SSIS.
- Extensive experience in using test management tools such as Quality Center, HP ALM and JIRA for test planning, executing test scripts and fully involved in the process of defect identification, logging, tracking, reporting and resolution.
- Proficient in different types of testing related to Black Box such as integration testing, regression testing, system testing, acceptance testing, smoke testing, sanity testing, GUI testing, browser compatibility testing, performance testing and back- end testing.
- Experience participating in Requirement review meetings, analyzed requirements, developing test plans and test cases, Requirement Traceability Matrix, Defect Management, Reporting and Tracking.
- Hands on experience in Database Management Tools such as Toad, MS SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Developer
- Good team player with excellent analytical, presentation, communication and multi - tasking skills.
SDLC Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile
Database Management Tools: Toad, MS SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Developer
ETL Tools: Informatica, SSIS, SSRS
Test management Tools: HP Quality Center, HP ALM, JIRA
Query/Script/Programming languages: SQL, PL/SQL, Shell Script, C, C++
Databases: SQL Server, Oracle
FTP Clients: WinSCP, PuTTY (SSH Connection)
Project Management Tool: Sharepoint
QA/ETL Test Analyst
- Reviewed and analyzed Business requirement documents for creation and execution of Test Scripts, Test Cases and User Scenarios to provide optimal end-to-end test coverage.
- Worked with ETL team for understating for data loading for both dimensions and facts.
- Analyzed business process workflows and assisted in the development of ETL procedures for moving data from source to target systems.
- Responsible for testing all new and existing ETL data warehouse components.
- Developed SQL scripts to validate the data loaded into warehouse and Data Mart tables using Informatica.
- Tested and Validated of table summary, metadata specifications and mapping documents against the data migration development for accuracy.
- Performed Negative testing using ETL to find how the workflow performs when it encounters invalid and unexpected values.
- Executed the SQL queries to Test for expected results to verify the back-end results. Assisted in “Back End" testing utilizing SQL queries to verify integrity of tables. Extracted data from various sources like flat files and SQL Server.
- Created test cases, test data, and execution of Sanity, GUI, Functional, Regression, Integration, Performance, and Data validation testing
- Performed extensive data validations against Data Warehouse involved in testing data reports
- Used Agile Test Methods to provide rapid feedback to the developers significantly helping them uncover important risks.
- Created the Traceability Matrix to ensure that all the user stories are being Tested and covered in the Testing plan. Created and maintained SQL Scripts and Unix Shell scripts to perform back end testing on the MS SQL server and oracle databases.
- Involved in the process of defect Identification and resolution using HP ALM.
- Prepared Test Cases based on business requirements and business rules. Handling the tasks of running test, debugging, and enhancing applications.
- Performed backend database testing by writing SQL scripts to verify data integrity
- Created and executed the SQL statements to perform data completeness, correctness, data transformation and data quality testing for source to target mapping.
- Performed Backend database testing, by executing the Group functions, complex Joins, and sub queries.
- Manually performed Smoke, Functional, Regression, Integration, End-to-End testing and supported in UAT testing activity.
- Execute test scripts and review the results. Used HP ALM to store all testing result and for defect Tracking and Reporting.
- Worked with cross functional team to ensure the quality.
- Participated in daily stand up meeting and conduct daily testing activities including prepare testing status and report to the client management team.
QA/ ETL Test Analyst
- Worked with QA lead to prepare Test Plan, Test Cases, Test requirements and procedures using Business and Functional requirements of the system. Understand the application requirements and system design.
- Analyzed requirements, test scenarios identification based on business and Functional requirements, User Stories. Prioritized and reported defects using Defect Tracking tool JIRA.
- Worked on creating specifications for transitioning business from HIPAA 4010A to 5010 and from ICD-9 to ICD-10.
- Tested various transactions (Enrollment (834), Payment (835) and Medical/Dental Claim Data (837) for their compliance with the HIPAA regulations. Tested the Adjudication of Claims and Migration Process.
- Analyzed the member/eligibility information on claim to that in FACETS.
- Involved in testing the Member and Benefit Enrollment, Eligibility Enquiry, Eligibility Response, Claim Status Enquiry, Claim Status Response, and conversion of Medicaid Claims.
- Validated claims in claim editing systems. Attached medical records as required. Ensured claims to be filed are completed.
- Handled HIPAA regulations in Facets HIPAA privacy module. Tested the HIPAA EDI 837/834 transactions according to test scenarios and verify the data with FACETS on different modules.
- Analyzed and tested Informatica Mappings with OLTP source data, staging and target data.
- Involved in data warehouse testing by checking ETL procedures/mappings.
- Performed Data Centric testing to validate the data that is loaded into the data warehouse is correct as per the defined business rules.
- Tested reports and ETL mappings from Source to target. Tested Informatica mappings. Performed data validations against Data Warehouse
- Involved in creation of ETL mappings through Informatica Testing. Involved in testing SSIS Packages, and in Data Migration.
- Conducted HIPAA Gateway Testing. Tested the claims processing and Adjudication. Tested all HIPAA transactions for HIPAA 5010 and validate the database. Involved in analysis Health Care Claim Acknowledgement for HIPAA Standards.
- Reviewed and research healthcare claims submitted by members and providers to assure the proper benefits are applied to each claim.
- Performed data accuracy, data validation and data integrity testing by querying the database using SQL queries to check the data table on server. Conducted backend testing using SQL queries to validate data for database.
- Created SQL queries to extract the data from the database and to check the data flow through the frontend and backend testing.
- Reviewed extensive SQL Queries with complex multi-table joins and nested queries. Involved in reviewing complex SQL queries, views, functions and stored procedures and spotting issues before/during code migration.
- Participates in post-test team meetings intended to identify areas of improvement in the test process
- Analyzed of Business Requirement Specifications. Implementing Test Lab and formulation of Test Plans, Test Strategy. Created Test Scenarios and written Test Cases based on Use Cases and Business Requirements.
- Used Agile methodology to ensure the new features meet the customer requirements and acceptable quality assurance standards. Involved in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) using Agile Methodology
- Documented Manual testing procedures for the entire application with strong emphasis on regression and integration testing.
- Followed the Test Defect Life Cycle using the HP Quality Center. Reported and validated the test defects during the testing cycle.
- Developed and executed various manual testing scenarios and exceptionally documented the process to perform functional testing of the application.
- Conducted Test Scenario walkthrough with Onsite/Offshore development team and with Business. Monitored the test execution progress and manage the issues during test execution.
- Planned, created and implemented Test Scripts based on Software Requirement Specifications and executed end-to-end testing including functional, smoke, sanity, regression, integration.
- Prepared Test scenarios as per the requirements design document. Created and updated Test cases in Excel Sheets and generate traceability matrix. Uploaded and executed test cases using test management tool HP Quality Center.
- Performed tracking of completed matrices by building metadata information, Trouble shooting of test fails and defect Tracking using HP Quality Center.
- Performed GUI testing, Functional testing, System Integration testing, Regression testing, Ad -hoc testing, Negative testing, End to End testing and UAT.
- Performed Non-functional testing like performance testing, Load testing. Reported and traced defects using HP Quality Center.
- Used backend testing using SQL Queries to retrieve the data from the database and checked data integrity.
- Performed test case review. Coordinated with customer and offshore team for project day to day activities and status reporting.
- Involved in functional testing, unit testing, integration testing, regression testing, accessibility testing, black box testing, white box testing, GUI testing, browser compatibility testing, and load/ performance testing. Involved in all phases of testing like Unit, UAT and Performance
- Performed SIT, UAT, Functional/Regression, Smoke/Sanity, Backend, and Interface testing for web application by creating various positive/negative test cases.
- Responsible for manual Smoke, Regression, Sanity, User Acceptance, and bug fix verification testing for multiple client monthly sprints.
- Prepared status summary reports with details of executed, passed, and failed test cases also involved in weekly status and task review meeting.