- Over 7 years of hands - on software testing experience (manual/automation) of Web-based and Client-server applications in Windows and UNIX Environments.
- Great knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) process, and software development methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile Scrum /Kanban, Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Deep working knowledge of Software Testing Lifecycle (STLC) process, following Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Control (QC) guidelines from CMMI model.
- Ability to well collaborate with software development teams and stakeholders for system requirements identification, Gap Analysis process, and Defect Triage process for Defect Resolution prioritization.
- Well versed in analyzing Business Requirements for testability using Business Requirements Document (BRD), Functional Requirements Document (FRD), User Stories, Design Mock-ups and Use Cases.
- Highly proficient at developing and verifying Test Plan, Test Scenarios, Test Cases and Test Scripts following a defined document verification process.
- Expertise of Test Plan creation and implementation following an Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) process.
- Quite experienced in defects identification, defects logging and tracking following a defined Defect Tracking Methodology, and participating in Defect Triage, Root Cause Analysis (RCA), and Bug Verification processes.
- Proficient in generating, analyzing and reporting Test Status, Defect Metrics to management, and generating Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) for ensuring maximum Test Coverage.
- Strong working experience of test methodologies such as Functional, Regression, System Integration, API, E2E, User acceptance (UAT), 508 compliance and Back-end testing techniques.
- Great knowledge of Relational Databases (RDBMS) and Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) models and advanced in scripting complex SQL queries against the application databases.
- Expertise in developing Automation frameworks in Selenium WebDriver with JAVA, and ability to evaluate HTML & CSS codes
- Expertise in developing automated frameworks for Functional and Regression testing of software applications using VBScript descriptive programming language.
- Extremely skilled in developing Test Scripts, Functions Libraries, Test Data file, external user-defined Functions and Procedures.
- Quite experienced in maintaining the automated test execution flow using Loops, Conditional statements, Checkpoints, Variables, Arrays and various built-in VBScript functions in QTP /UFT. advanced user of Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook & Visio).
- Possess excellent technical, analytical, organizational and communication skills.
Web & App Servers: Web logic Server, IIS, Java Web Server
Testing Tools: HP QC /ALM, QTP /UFT, JIRA, TFS, Postman, Toad for Oracle Selenium WebDriver, Eclipse IDE, MS SQL Server Management Studio, SharePoint, SoapUI
Operating systems: Windows Server 2008/2012, UNIX / Linux, AWS/VMware (SaaS Azure Platform)
Applications: MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), MS Visio
Databases: MS SQL Server, Oracle
Confidential, Washington DC
Software QA Tester
- Worked on clinical interface of Veterans Benefit Administration (VBA) and Claim Management System (CMS) and Assessed Veteran’s profile data and performed testing activities
- Involved in analyzing Veterans records from Veterans Record Management System (Legacy System).
- Participated in all stages of software development process following Agile Scrum methodology in JIRA and Team Foundation Server.
- Attended Peer Reviews meetings, verified project deliverable artifacts and processes under CMMI-3 guidelines and Quality Assurance (QA) standards
- Analyzed various forms of business requirements (User Stories, detailed Functional Requirements and Use Cases) and determined the Test Scope and followed the defined Testing Process.
- Created Test Plan, Test Cases/Test Scenarios, and logged Bugs in JIRA
- Performed Backend testing, System Integration, Functional, End-End testing
- Successfully implemented and executed the test plan, and verified the system against the system specifications and reported Bug Summary reports.
- Mapped current business processes, gathered Business User Requirements and created Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Performed System Integration and Application Interface testing on POSTMAN API
- Conducted and continuously improved Quality Control practices and strategies including Functional, Regression, System, Integration, E2E, UAT and Database testing for quality Verification and Validation of developed software system.
- Documented test cases as MS-Excel file for Test Case Management, and shared in SharePoint for storage and tracking purpose.
- Managed and tracked defects throughout the Defect Life Cycle following the defined defect tracking methodology using JIRA board until all open defects were resolved.
- Collaborated with scrum team members and participated in Bug Scrubbing process for bug review and Defect Triage process for assigning correct priority levels to the open bugs. participated in Scrum Meetings with Software Architects, Developers, internal users and external stakeholders for understanding the application architecture and issue resolution.
- Generated and reviewed Test Reports, Test Matrix and other Test Artifacts for accuracy and completeness, and communicated to management with insight into the status.
- Developed, debugged and implemented Java based Test Automation suite using Selenium WebDriver Eclipse (Selenium IDE).
- Collaborated and provided technical assistance for Acceptance Testing in the UAT environment.
- Written complex SQL queries for Data Validation based on Database Schema and DFD (data flow diagram) against various systems in the RDBMS model environment.
- Conducted GAP analysis with BA and Clients to clearly understand the application architecture and Functional Business process flows for planning testing activities.
Software Test Engineer
- Participated in Business Requirements Reviews with systems analysts/developers to fully test application Functional l/Business process flow.
- Analyzed business requirements for Testability using Business Requirements Document (BRD), Functional Requirements Specifications (FRS), and Technical Design Documents (TDD).
- Documented and executed formal detail-oriented strategic Test Plan as per CMMI level-3, IEEE & ISO 9001 guidelines for ensuring timely delivery of quality software applications.
- Developed requirements into Test Conditions, Test Cases, and executed them using Client Quality Center to ensure proper operation and freedom from defects.
- Performed QA methodologies (Functional, Positive / Negative, Boundary Values, System, Regression, System Integration, End to end, User Interface (UI), User Acceptance, Web Services, and Database testing) for software quality Verification.
- Worked collaboratively with software development team and Business Users groups to understand the application architecture, and content for CMS (content management system).
- Designed and executed Test Cases /Scripts to verify complex system requirements using ALM/Quality Center as a test management tool.
- Carried out Black Box and Grey Box testing of the system.
- Connected to database using client MS SQL server Management Studio and scripted complex SQL queries for Data Integrity Validation against SQL server.
- Interacted with development team members and stakeholders through JIRA board for Bug Review and Bug Verification process, since last Bug Triage.
- Prepared Test Cases and Requirements Traceability Matrix using HP Quality Center.
- Performed Quality Checks in all phases of software development process (SDLC) for early issue detection and actions taken accordingly.
- Participated in UAT preparation and readiness session and provided assistance to the business users for User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Performed Peer review of the Test Results Reports and other Test Artifacts / Deliverables for completeness, accuracy and correctness.
- Performed System Integration testing in Pre-UAT (SIT) environment.
- Involved in developing Automation Test Scripts using VB script descriptive programming for Functional and Regression testing using QTP /UFT.
- Identified potential Risk Areas of application and prioritized the critical application functionalities by Risk Analysis approach for Regression Testing.
- Designed Data Driven Framework using VBScript Descriptive Programing for Automated Testing of Application Functional Flow.
- Created the Test Automation Framework for the application to make sure the adequate coverage for the regression testing using QTP.
- Created, maintained and updated Test Scripts, Test Data, Function Libraries, User-defined External Functions and Procedures.
- Maintained the test execution flow using Loops, Conditional statements, Checkpoints, Variables, Arrays and various built-in VBScript Functions.
- Worked with a cross-functional team of internal and external resources and coordinated testing efforts for quality software deployment.
Food Quality Manager
- Resolved consumer complaints and performed follow-up investigations in a timely fashion.
- Enforced Confidential guidelines, State and Federal standards for food storage, distribution and food handling.
- Performed on-site training in food prep practices and edited standard operating procedures.
- Submitted data on non-compliance and participated for implementing a corrective action plan to enforce government regulations.
- Conducted subsistence quality assurance inspections in food handling and preparations.
- Daily checked food quality based on Confidential guidelines for food management criteria.
- Prepared and conducted in-service classes for the food activities and training for food.
- Involved in creating the transaction process via Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) policy.
- Involved in IT innovation program, Software Development Activities, and performed UAT testing with CORP stakeholders.
- Validated the Point of Sale (POS) transactions in accordance with ACI compliance in UAT environment such as Ordering, Scanning, Payments and Returns.