- Technically accomplished and proven expertise with around 6 years of experience with specializing in Software Quality Assurance Testing, proficient in testing on Client/Server and Web based applications.
- Having strong problem solving and analytical skills with the flexibility to work cohesively as part of a multidisciplinary team, complementing the skills of others and a very handy resource for Research and Development and/or start from scratch projects.
- Proficient of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies such as Agile, SCRUM and waterfall models.
- Full system development lifecycle experience, including designing and implementing test cases and test processes fueling swift corrective actions and significant cost savings.
- Sound knowledge on Selenium RC/WebDriver/IDE/Grid and QTP (Functional & Regression Testing), TestNG, Junit, Ant, Maven, Jbehave, Cucumber, Jenkins, Hudson, SOAP UI for testing Client Server and Web based Applications.
- Worked on developing selenium automation framework using Junit/TestNG and developing ANT/Maven targets to execute automation suites from command line.
- Conducted formal and informal product design reviews throughout the software development lifecycle to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules and potential issues.
- Good programming skills in Java, VB, Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL and experience in SQL Server, and Mongo Database.
- Experience in performing database testing and working with SQL queries and No SQL queries and database like Robo Mongo, MySQL.
- Communicate effectively with software design team, quickly gaining their respect and becoming a valued, “go - to” team member on challenging test cases.
- Worked closely with the Business Analyst team to analyze if requirements are based on the current Application structure.
- Participated in triaging issues, fully reproducing production issues, communicating work arounds.
- Delivered thorough QA testing reports that determined product quality and release readiness.
Databases: SQL Server, MySQL
Operating System: Windows, Linux
Automation Tools: Selenium Web Driver, Appium, Selenium Grid, TestNG
Programming languages: Java, C, SQL
Utilities/Tools: Eclipse, Jenkins, GIT, Maven, Postman, SOUPUI Firebug, Fire Path, Jira, GitHub
Development Methodologies: Agile, Scrum, Waterfall
Frameworks: Data Driven, Page Object Model
Testing Methodologies: Manual and Automated Testing, User Acceptance Testing, White/Black box testing, Regression Testing, End-to-End Testing, System Testing
Scripting: HTML, CSS3
QA Automation Engineer
- Analyzed business requirements and functional documents, created the test strategy document that define the test environment, phases of testing, entrance and exit criteria into different phases of testing and resources required to conduct the effort.
- Developed test scripts to automate process of testing in Selenium WebDriver, used java with TestNG Framework for automating scripts.
- Used Postman & SOAPUI for rest/soap service testing.
- Worked in complete Agile Environment with weekly based releases.
- Designed automated process and programs addressing areas including database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error/bug retests and usability.
- Expertise in Test Plan creation, Test Case Design, Test case Review, Test Case Execution, Writing Test scripts, testing tools Usage, Defect management, and Prepare Test reports.
- Designed and developed Page Objects using Page Object model as the Design Pattern.
- Executed automated selenium scripts and reproduced failures manually.
- Keep track of all the Legacy defects and monitor them across all the environments.
- Worked on Cross Browser testing through Selenium WebDriver by testing the website on different browsers like Chrome, IE and Firefox.
- Used XPath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Used Streams in selenium to work with lists in selenium.
- Performed functional testing of SOAP and RESTFULL Web Services using SOAP UI Tool.
- Configured the test suite to Jenkins to make it run on every successful deployment, which helped reduce the feedback loop time to the developers.
- Closely involved with development team, maintenance team and business team regarding changing requirements, builds and releases.
- Conducted backend testing using SQL queries to validate data for database and Used SQL queries for retrieving data from database for executing user specific test cases.
- Communicated with offshore team and scheduled daily SCRUM meetings with tea
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, Cucumber, SOAPUI, Page Object, Firebug, Firepath, XML, XPATH, DOM, Agile, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, SQL, Oracle, Windows.
System QA Engineer
- Included in development effort for automating regression test cases which led to a 10% reduction in the amount in manual testing time.
- Worked on AWS cloud environment where we implemented OPL in AWS environment.
- Involved in client meetings for requirement gathering and defect reporting.
- Developed Selenium Automation framework - Created a hybrid framework (Keyword and Data driven) on Selenium using TestNG.
- Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environment as part of Continuous Integration Process using Selenium/Appium and Jenkins.
- Recorded and played back test in Fire fox using Selenium IDE.
- Exported test case Scripts Java-Selenium RC) in Eclipse IDE and modified the selenium scripts and executed. Prepared automation test framework (Junit).
- Followed Agile testing methodology, participated in daily SCRUM meetings and testing each Confidential deliverables.
- Integrated the test suites to Jenkins to execute them automatically after every successful deployment.
- Played a major role while project is migrating to Mongo database from SQL which helped in budget saving for client.
- Participated QA weekly meetings and various client meetings and discussed Enhancement and Modification Request issues and defects in the application.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Junit, Ant, Jenkins, SOAP UI, agile, Internet Explorer, Firebug, Firefox, Chrome, SQL, Mongo database, Windows.
- Tested App and widget capabilities for in-app alerts and worked on Testing Smart APK’s.
- Tested applications on Confidential OEM’s when migrating to Amazon and Mopub SDK’s
- Coordinated with Offshore teams for releases and bug tracking and verifying the content from NWS.
- Verified various app flavors and properties to make sure the app syncs with the right carrier properties.
- Worked with Mo-Engage teams to in App support testing for push notifications and weather Alerts.
- Supported release activities and monitored the release roll outs to make sure there were no/minimal crashes. Environment: IOS, Android, Flurry, Test Lodge, Adb logcat, Fusion Portal.
- Analyzed the user requirements by interacting with system architect, developers, and business users
- Given valuable suggestions in improving test process by analyzing data.
- During testing life cycle, performed different types of testing like System Testing, Integration Testing and Regression Testing.
- Used OATS tool to automate Oracle apps.
- Used Postman & SOAPUI for rest/soap service testing.
- Worked on Quarterly based releases.
- Identified defects and interacted with QA Lead and Developers to resolve the issues of on bugs.
- Given knowledge transfer to teammates on the application and database.