- Over 8 years of experience in Build and release management, DevOps engineering, application configurations, building, automating, managing and releasing code from one environment to other environment and deploying to servers in frameworks like SQL, BASH, Power Shell.
- Profusely worked on Version control tools like Subversion, GIT, clear case to track changes made by different people in source code.
- Profoundly did Continuous integration using Hudson's/Jenkins, Anthill pro, Team city and Bamboo, which requires developers to integrate code into a shared repository several times a day.
- Worked on Application Deployments & Environment configuration using Puppet & Chef configuration management tools.
- Very good Knowledge on configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef and Docker, Vagrant.
- Extensive experience in writing builds using MAVEN, ANT, MS - build as build tools for the building of deployable artifacts from source code.
- Knowledge on automation engine Puppet that automates cloud provisioning, configuration management, application deployment, intra-service orchestration, and many other IT needs.
- Configured and Administered Nexus Repository Manager for GIT repositories and builds.
- Proficient with Python, Bash & Shell Scripting for build automations.
- Experience in administering and maintaining Atlassian products like JIRA, bamboo, Confluence.
- Monitored a high availability and scalable AWS stacks using EC2 auto scaling functionality.
- Monitored tagging standards for proper identification and ownership of EC2 instances and other AWS resources.
- Experienced in Administration of Production, Development and Test environments carrying different operating system platforms like Windows, Ubuntu, Red Hat Linux, SUSE Linux, Centos and Solaris servers.
- Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, scrum, and Waterfall methodologies.
- Experience customizing JIRA projects with various schemas, complex workflows, screen schemes, permission schemes, and notification schemes.
- Installed, Configured, Managed Monitoring Tools such as Splunk, Nagios, iCinga for Resource Monitoring/Network/Monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring.
- Experience automating deployments on Servers using JBoss, Tomcat, Websphere.
- Worked extensively with different Bug tracking tools like JIRA, Remedy, HP Quality center.
- Expert in Automation of Release and Deploy configuration management to different environments i.e. QA, UAT and production.
- Automatic instrumentation for dynamic microservices with Dynatrace byte-code instrumentation for Amazon EC2, Amazon Elastic Container Service, AWS Lambda, AWS Fargate, Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service.
SCM Tools: Subversion, GIT, Perforce, Confidential and Clear Case.
CI Tools: Hudson, Jenkins, Bamboo, Nexus, Anthill Pro, Chef, Puppet.
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, X Code and MS Build.
Operating System: Windows 98/XP/NT/ 2000/2003/2008 , UNIX, LINUX, Ubuntu, Fedora.
Bug Tracker & Testing Tools: JIRA, Bugzilla, Remedy, Junit, HP Quality Center, IBM Clear, Quest, Test Flight and Test Rail
Cloud: AWS, Google Cloud Platform and Azure Services
Tools: MS Office Suite, Nexus, Confluence, Atlassian products.
SDLC: Agile, Scrum Waterfall Methodologies.
Languages: C, C++, SQL, .NET, Python, Ruby, Objective C, Java/J2EE.
Scripts: Shell Script, ANT Script, Batch Script, Perl Script, Power Shell Script.
Web Technologies: Servlets, JDBC, JSP, HTML, Java Script, XML.
Web/App servers: Web logic, Web Sphere, Apache Tomcat, JBOSS.
RDBMS: Oracle, SQL SERVER, MY SQL.
Confidential, Valley Forge, PA
Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Designing and developing new Infrastructure and back end infrastructure services, maintaining, and expanding our AWS infrastructure through Terraform scripts and providing mentorship to others on my team.
- Designed, built and coordinate an automated build & release CI/CD process using Gitlab, Jenkins and Puppet on hybrid IT infrastructure.
- Managing a team of DevOps engineer for infrastructure support on AWS cloud. Creating cloud formation scripts for hosting software on AWS cloud.
- Implemented rapid provisioning and life cycle management for ubuntu Linux using Amazon EC2 and custom Bash Scripts.
- Built S3 buckets and used S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Performed code line GITHUB pushes to production and customer servers. And developed and improved GIT push scripts.
- Handled the Build and Release of software baselines, code merges, branch and label creation in Subversion or version control Gitlab and Git Hub and interface between development and infrastructure.
- Implemented CI/CD best practices to automate build and deployment to all environments with Jenkins and Artifactory.
- Working with an agile development team on call with scrum team, also with required user stories and to deliver an end to end CI/CD product in an open source environment
- Using Ansible and Jenkins to get the job done.
- Automated backup infrastructure application Net Backup operations using Python, Jenkins.
- Created multiple ANT , Shell scripts for end to end build automation and deployment.
- Modified ANT scripts to build the .JAR, .WAR and .EAR files from VOB’S.
- Automated the cloud deployment using Chef , Python , and AWS Cloud Formation Templates .
- Used Chef for unattended bootstrapping in AWS .
- Worked in container-based technologies like Docker , Kubernetes and OpenShift .
- Installed Docker registry for Local upload and download of Docker images and even from Docker hub.
- Used Kubernetes to deploy scale , load balance , scale and manage Docker containers with multiple namespace versions.
- Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm , and Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications,
- Managed Kubernetes manifest files and managed releases of Helm packages.
- Did research on implementing a new tool, Kubernetes with Docker to assist with auto scaling, continuous
- Integration and rolling updates with no/less downtime.
- Responsible for configuring Splunk solution for application log monitoring and user management on Splunk.
- Experience with installation and configuration of Dynatrace monitoring tool. And created email alerts and threshold values using Dynatrace for our environment.
- Configuring RDS instances using Cloud formation and Terraform .
- Used Terraform to map more complex dependencies and identify network issue.
- Developing python scripts for automation and performing functional tests and data validation.
- Extensive experience working and standing up Agile/Scrum environments.
- Providing 24x7 on-call productions supports for Applications with critical SLAs by following proper escalation procedures.
Environment : AWS,GIT,GitHub,Kubernetes,PowerShell,Python,ApacheMaven,JUnit,Jenkins,OctopusTentacle,docke, SonarQube, Data migration Assistant(DMA) Tool, Jira, Dynatrace, Confluence, SharePoint.
DevOps Cloud Engineer
- Work with other teams to help develop the Puppet infrastructure to conform to various requirements including security and compliance of managed servers.
- Built S3 buckets and managed policies for S3 buckets and used S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Built a VPC, established the site-to- site VPN connection between Data Center and AWS
- Develop push-button automation for app teams for deployments in multiple environments like Dev, QA, and Production.
- Help with the creation of dev standards for Puppet module development including best practices for version control GIT.
- Perform troubleshooting and monitoring of the Linux server on AWS using Zabbix, Nagios and Splunk .
- Management and Administration of AWS Services CLI, EC2, VPC, S3, ELB Glacier, Route 53, Cloud trail, IAM, and Trusted Advisor services.
- Created automated pipelines in AWS CodePipeline to deploy Docker containers in AWS ECS using services like Cloud Formation, Code Build, Code Deploy, S3 and puppet.
- Worked on JIRA for defect/issues logging & tracking and documented all my work using CONFLUENCE.
- Integrated services like GitHub, AWS, CodePipeline, Jenkins and AWS Elastic Beanstalk to create a deployment pipeline.
- Good Experience in architecting and configuring secure cloud VPC using private and public networks through subnets in AWS.
- Amazon IAM service enabled to grant permissions and resources to users. Managed roles and permissions of users with the help of AWS.
- Designing and implementing fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment by using Technologies like Puppet.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet dashboard for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Initiating alarms in Cloud Watch service for monitoring the server's performance, CPU Utilization, disk usage etc. to take recommended actions for better performance.
- Configured AWS Multi Factor Authentication in IAM to implement 2 step authentication of user's access using Google Authenticator and AWS Virtual MFA.
- Included security groups, network ACLs, Internet Gateways, and Elastic IP's to ensure a safe area for organization in AWS public cloud.
- Writing UNIX shell scripts to automate the jobs and scheduling cron jobs for job automation using commands with Crontab.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with PythonSSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python .Experience with Puppet to more easily manage enterprise Puppet deployments
- Design AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates
- Created scripts in Python which integrated with Amazon API to control instance operations.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling /naming conventions using GIT source control.
- Created scripts in Python (Boto) which integrated with Amazon API to control instance operations.
- Designed, built and coordinate an automated build & release CI/CD process using Gitlab, Jenkins and Puppet on hybrid IT infrastructure.
- Involved in designing and developing Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon RDS, Amazon Elastic Load Balancing, Amazon SWF, Amazon SQS, and other services of the AWS infrastructure.
- Running builds jobs and integration tests on Jenkins Master/Slave configuration.
- Managed Servers on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform instances using Puppet configuration management.
- Involved in maintaining the reliability, availability, and performance of Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) instances.
- Conduct systems design, feasibility and cost studies and recommend cost-effective cloud solutions such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) .
- Responsible for monitoring the AWS resources using Cloud Watch and also application resources using Nagios.
- Created AWS Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) for instance RDP/SSH logon, worked with teams to lockdown security groups.
- Involved in complete SDLC life cycle - Designing, Coding, Testing, Debugging and Production Support.
- Installed/Configured/Managed Puppet Master/Agent. Wrote custom Modules and Manifests, downloaded pre-written modules from puppet-forge. Up gradation or Migration of Puppet Community and Enterprise.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using Git.
- Branching, Merging, Release Activities on Version Control Tool GIT. Used GitHub as version control to store source code and implemented Git for branching and merging operations for Java Source Code
Environment : Java/J2EE, Jenkins, JIRA, Maven, GIT, ANT, AWS, Python, Ruby, Cassandra, Web logic, Unix Shell Scripting, Nagios, Cloud Watch Bamboo, Maven, Subversion, Jenkins, Remedy, Confluence, Shell Scripts, Apache Web Server, JBoss Application Server
Confidential, Woonsocket, RI
- Conceived, Designed, Installed and Implemented Chef configuration management system.
- Created and updated Chef Recipes and cookbooks, files, and packages.
- Automated the cloud deployments using Chef and AWS cloud formation templates.
- Developed automation scripting in ruby (core) using Chef to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Configured Chef Console and automated the chef client execution through Jenkins by using the knife utility tool.
- Worked on Version control setups like GIT, GUTHUB and integration tools Jenkins.
- Installed, Configured and Administered Hudson/Jenkins Continuous Integration Tool.
- Developed automation framework for Application Deployments to the cloud environments.
- Developed shell scripts for automation of the build and release process, developed Custom Scripts to monitor repositories, Server storage.
- Deployed the Java applications into web application servers like JBoss.
- Performed and deployed Builds for various Environments like QA, Integration, UAT and Productions Environments.
- To achieve Continuous Delivery goal on high scalable environment, used Docker coupled with load-balancing tool Nginx.
- Bootstrapping automation scripting for virtual servers, using VMware clusters.
- Worked on Apache and Firewalls in both development and production.
- Responsible for technology research, budgeting, feasibility, evaluation and proof of concept.
- Systems design and architecture to meet capacity and throughput demands, as well as performance requirements.
- Integrate with management and development organizations to produce high quality enterprise level hardware and software solutions that meet or exceed client demands, with an eye for the most efficient and cost-effective solutions available.
- Focus on application/systems performance and capacity management.
- Debugging and support of applications using profiling and monitoring solutions such as Compuware Dynatrace.
- Headed up team responsible for next generation performance engineering best practices, and provided consulting expertise for existing product teams on how to integrate performance into development life cycles.
- Collaborate in the automation of AWS infrastructure via terraform and Jenkins - software and services configuration via chef cookbooks.
- Used Struts tag libraries (html, logic, and bean) in the development of JSPs.
- Using Jenkins AWS Code Deploy plug-in to deploy to AWS.
- Wrote UNIX shell scripts to fetch, parse, and load data from external sources.
- Converting production support scripts to chef recipes.
- Build, configured and support Application team environments.
- Written wrapper scripts to automate the deployment of cookbooks on nodes and running the chef-client on them in a Chef-Solo environment.
- Automated Weekly releases with ANT/Maven scripting for Compiling Java Code, Debugging and Placing Builds into Maven Repository.
Environment: GIT, JENKINS, CHEF, MAVEN, AWS, EC2, WEBSPHERE, ANT, PUTTY, GITHUB, Java, J2ee.
Build & Release Engineer
- Installing and administrating Continuous Integration CI and Continuous Delivery CD process using Jenkins, Bamboo Hudson, and Sonar, Sub Version/Accurev and Nexus / artifactory.
- Configured the user's accounts and restrict the Permissions for Continuous Integration. Supported Development team to resolve build failures related to environments Participated in the release cycle of the product which involved environments like Development, QA, UAT and Production.
- Worked on multi project jobs in Jenkins and used pipeline plugin to manage them. Implemented the setup for Master slave architecture to improve the Performance of Jenkins. Managed Maven POM files and Involved in editing the existing Maven (pom.xml) files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Worked on Automation tools like Selenium RC/Web Driver (Functional & Regression Testing), Test NG, Junit, ANT, Maven, Jenkins and SOAP UI Pro for testing Client Server and Web based Applications.
- Used Java language and Test NG framework for scripting. Used TestNG for building the Web Driver project. Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically
- Worked on web servers like Apache and application servers like Web logic, Tomcat, WebSphere, JBOSS to deploy code and Integrate with (CI) for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments. Worked on Python and shell scripts for automating the build and release process.
- Implemented Virtual Machines as per user requirement and performed Cloning on Virtual Machines and Migrated P2V and V2V Servers using VMware Standalone Converter.
- Worked on Installation and configuration of Red Hat Linux 5 /6, IBM AIX 5.X and Windows 03/08 Servers on large distributed environment.
- Implemented shell scripts for Automated Back-ups and Cron Jobs using ssh and bash and managed user accounts and groups for corporate Linux users and supported corporate Linux Development servers.0.
- Installation, Configuration and Management of NFS, HTTP, FTP, SAMBA, DHCP, DNS Servers.
- Developed UNIX Scripts for manual deployment of the code to the different environments and E-mail the team when the build is completed.
- Used JIRA as a ticketing system tool to handle the issues/tasks/service requests created by multiple team members across the project.
Environment: JIRA, JENINKS, JBOSS, WEB SPHERE, JAVA SCRIPT, POWERSHELL, REDHAT ANT, MAVEN, CHEF, PUPPET, SHAREPOINT, GITHUB.
- Implemented virtual build, installation, configuration, and maintenance of Linux RedHat 6 both locally and over network.
- Implemented basic Shell scripts using bash for applications, backup and scheduling. Daily administration and management of servers, applications and file systems.
- Troubleshooting OS / Hardware related issues and monitor server health on a day-to-day basis.
- Set up user and group login ID's, network configuration, passwords, and resolution of permission and access related issues.
- Install, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot enterprise-wide Apache web servers and Tomcat application containers in a large RedHat Linux/CentOS environment. troubleshooting network problems such as TCP/IP, supporting users in solving their problems.
- Worked on volume management, disk management using logical volume manager. Performed collaborative root cause analysis to resolve software and network issues in production.
- Collaborated with Network Admin in Installing, configuring, securing, and implementing slave replication on DNS BIND servers.
- Installed, updated, and configured the necessary packages using the RPM and YUM software/package management.
- Responsible for configuring and connection to SSH through SSH clients like Putty and Cyber duck, also Password-less setup and agent-forwarding done for SSH login using SSH-Keygen tool.
- Worked with the LAN/WAN, firewalls and routing for Internet and Intranet connectivity using different protocols like TCP/IP, DHCP, HTTP/s, FTP, SMTP & SSH
- Regularly confers with system administrator and users regarding current and prospective system changes.
- Created and edited Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and documented various performed activities.
- Implemented RedHat systems over the network, implement automated tasks through Cronjobs, resolving tickets according to the priority basis.
- Allocating and managing disk space for development servers depend on their requirement.
- Creation and resizing of Logical Volumes (LVM) for Linux operating system.
- Monitor system activities like CPU, memory, Disk and Swap space usage to avoid any performance issues and Participate in 24x7 on-call support personnel in debugging.
Environment: Red Hat Enterprise Server (RHEL 4, 5), VMware, Vcenter, VSphere, Scripting, LINUX, UNIX, Firewalls, FTP, DNS, SSL, SSH. Subversion, Hudson, XML, PL/SQL, ANT, Shell Scripts, UNIX, Windows XP.