- 6+ years of diversified experience as a Performance Engineer. Experience includes Requirement Analysis, Manual Testing and Automation and quality assurance of Client/Server and Web based applications.
- Extensive knowledge in Performance Test Life Cycle.
- Involved in gathering business requirement, studying the application, and collecting the information from developers and writing the test plan.
- Experience in Performance Testing using Load Runner, and JMeter tools. Experience in Test Planning, Test Requirements/Scenario, Test Case design, Test Data Identification & Creation and Test Execution.
- Expertise in recording/developing and coding the VuGen scripts using different protocols like Http/Html, Webservices, Citrix and Truclient.
- Have excellent knowledge on HP ALM 12.53, HP QC 10.00 Test Management tools.
- Significant experience in testing Web Services (includes API and REST API) using LoadRunner and JMeter.
- Possess good knowledge in executing automated scripts using Jenkins for Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Strong Proficiency in documentation of deliverables in testing process (Test Plan, Test Scripts, Test Summary, Defects in HP tools like Quality center (QC)/ALM & JIRA, Status Reports).
- Experienced in monitoring tools Dynatrace, AppDynamics, SPLUNK, and Wily Introscope.
- Proficient in using C for correlation and parameterizing of Vuser scripts to handle dynamic data values.
- Knowledge on performance tuning activities.
- Demonstrated success in driving end - to-end Performance lifecycles, right from requirement gathering, test planning and creating scripts, Test execution, Monitoring the tests, and preparing the report.
- Good working knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Experienced in Defect Management Tracking, Establishing Test Standards, Guidelines, Procedures, Test Execution, Documenting and Analyzing Test Results.
- Good Knowledge of Azure Microsoft to work on cloud environment.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Coordinated with Support / Technical managers & teams globally and provided support experience individually or as a part of the team.
Development methodologies: Agile/ Scrum, Waterfall.
Artifacts: Test Plan, Test Case, Test Summary Report, Bug report
Automation Tools: Load Runner, JMeter and Blaze meter
Languages: C, C++, XML, SQL
Protocols: Web (HTTP/HTML), Web Services, WSDL, Truclient Ajax, Citrix
Monitoring Tools: AppDynamics, Dynatrace, Wily Introscope, HP SiteScope, SPLUNK and Grafana
Bug or Test Management Tools: Quality Center, JIRA, ALM and Jenkins.
Operating Systems: Windows 8.1/7/ XP, LINUX
Performance Test Engineer
- Involved in writing detailed Performance Test Plans, Test Scripts and Test Cases based on requirements.
- Involved in creating various Performance test scripts for testing the web-based applications using Load Runner with HTTP/HTML and Web Services protocols.
- Interacted with the various project teams to find out the end user actions and scenarios.
- Designed the Performance test environment coordinating with the infrastructure teams and Installed Open source (JMeter), Commercial Tools (LoadRunner) for Performance testing.
- Used HP Performance Center 12.53 to create scenarios and run load tests, HP LoadRunner 12.53 for writing Vuser Scripts.
- Performed Load Testing, with creation of scripts, configuration of Controller and Agent machines, setting up Scenarios, execution of Load Tests and Preparation of Load Test Results and Reports Using LoadRunner.
- Test scripts development in HP LoadRunner VUGen, modifying scripts with required Correlations, Parameterization, logic, think times, iterations, pacing, logging options and preferences.
- Creating scripts for API calls and web applications using Apache JMeter 3.1
- Automated performance test scripts and verified the response time under different load conditions using LoadRunner and JMeter.
- Designing, creating, and executing scenarios in LoadRunner Controller such as Load Test, stress test, spike test and Endurance test scenarios to Guarantee Production readiness. Scheduling tests by scenario/group, setting virtual user initiation period, ramp up, test duration and ramp down times.
- Capturing performance metrics for applications, Java Virtual Machines (JVM), web servers, applications pools, Linux and windows servers and Oracle database nodes using tools such as AppDynamics, Jprofiler and Dynatrace.
- Work with product team to design and run extensive capacity, scalability, stability, and stress tests using LoadRunner.
- Performing the Load testing to test the behavior of the DB Servers, Web Servers, and Application Servers.
- Analyzed Average CPU usage, Response time, TPS and analyzed Web Page Breakdown graphs to pin-point response time problems.
- Identified defects, assess root cause, and prepared detailed information for developers and business stakeholders.
- Created custom dashboards for application team in AppDynamics and Dynatrace.
- Monitored hardware metrics of virtual servers (CPU, Memory, Disk I/O, Network I/O) in AppDynamics.
- Used tools like Splunk to analyze error logs using customized queries.
- Used JIRA for defect management- adding defect, tracing changes, and sending defect e-mail messages.
- Responsible for follow up with the test schedule and interacting with team to ensure clear communications on requirements and defect reports.
- Conducted meetings with the project to discuss the test results and findings and participated in the GO/NO GO decisions for the PRODUCTION.
Environment: HP LoadRunner12.53, Apache JMeter 3.1, Fiddler, Web Http/HTML, Web Services, XML, C, Performance Center, Web Services, JIRA, Jenkins, AppDynamics, Dynatrace, Splunk, Microsoft Teams, Linux and Windows.
Confidential, Seattle, WA
Performance Test Engineer
- Responsible for defining the scope of the project gathering business requirements and documents them textually or within models.
- Co-ordinate on-site and off-shore QA Teams, to make sure that QA deliverable are of high standards.
- Defining performance goals and objectives based on the client requirements and inputs.
- Worked with the Functional test team to understand the application and to identify the Performance test cases.
- Performance test designing, creation / execution of performance test scripts for Java built application for Truclient and webservices protocols using Load Runner VuGen.
- Enhanced the scripts by Parameterizations, Correlations, and other functions to emulate the real time load conditions using VuGen.
- Created Performance Test Scenarios by LoadRunner Controller by different techniques such as Schedule by Scenario, Schedule by Group, Ramp Up, and Ramp Down for the planned workload.
- Worked with Performance test concepts like Rendezvous point, pacing, runtime settings.
- Executed load tests on to find the system performance under load and to identify any performance bottlenecks.
- Conducted Load Test for multiple users using Performance Center.
- Extensively worked on JMeter to create Thread Groups and test Web Application for various loads on key business scenarios.
- Analyze/Monitor logs and graphs for the client side, server-side metrics like Transaction Response Time, Hits per second graph, Pages download per second, Throughput, and Memory & CPU utilization, Pods available by using Grafana, AppDynamics and Splunk
- Analyzed the test results by the LoadRunner analyzer and Dynatrace for finding the bottlenecks.
- Create defects for failed test cases in Quality Centre and follow the defect life cycle until closure.
- Actively participate in the status calls and the offshore meetings.
- Prepared Test Status Reports during Test Execution Process prepared and delivered final test report.
- Managed QA services for Regression testing, Performance testing and Implemented of CICD/DevOps solutions.
- Created the final Performance Test report with the whole testing methodology, results, findings like the test design, test duration, Response times, no of transactions, servers behavior detailed metrics, DBA report, test observations and any recommendations to improve the performance in the future releases etc.
Environment: HP LoadRunner12.50, Apache JMeter 3.1, Web Http/HTML, Truclient, Web Services, C, Performance Center, QC, Jenkins, AppDynamics, Dynatrace, Splunk, Grafana and Windows.
Confidential, ST Louis, MO
- Worked with the Business to gather the Nonfunctional performance requirements and reviewed the requirements for missing pieces of information that would delay the testing.
- Created the strategy document that defines the test environment, phases of testing, timelines of different phases of testing, entrance and exit criteria into different phases of testing and resources required to conduct the effort.
- Generated and Created VuGen/Vuser scripts using Vuser Generator and Created Scenarios in LoadRunner Controller.
- Analyzed LoadRunner/Performance Center test result Involved in Preparing Test Plan and Test Cases based on the analysis of the business requirements.
- Develop scenario-based testing for the JMeter scripts .
- Create, schedule, and run the scenarios using JMeter and generate necessary graphs
- Monitored application and server utilization, response time, throughput, hits per sec by using Dynatrace and Wily Introscope to find the server behavior under load.
- Identify key performance bottlenecks in the application and also perform end-to-end root cause analysis on these bottlenecks to pinpoint the reasons then provide adequate information to application teams/stakeholders.
- Involved in testing cross browser functionality of the application using multiple Browsers.
- Coordinate client expectations to the offshore team and mentor offshore team to provide best testing solution for client needs
- Working on Purely Agile methodology and good experience in Build Verification test for every release.
- Participating in Defect triage meetings and handling defect triage meetings if need Working with offshore to split up work between onshore and offshore and monitoring/approving their test cases.
- Summarize & Consolidate the Performance Test Execution Report from all the runs into one final report called EOTR (End of Test Report) and then share to business with sufficient observations and graphs about the Performance under load.
Environment: HP LoadRunner, Apache JMeter, Web Http/HTML, Truclient, Web Services, C, Performance Center, QC, SOAP, WSDL, Dynatrace, Wily Introscope, Oracle DB and Windows.
- Examine Business and customer requirements and design the test framework.
- Extensively used Virtual User generator (Vu Gen) and Controller.
- Created Scripts by Web services protocol in VuGen using LoadRunner for multiple small projects.
- Worked with the Functional team for identifying the functional defects and for their remediation.
- Worked on Proof of Concept projects for finding the feasibility of some of the unique requirements.
- Configured record and run time settings, options, and web event record configurations.
- Performed correlations, parameterizations and other LoadRunner functions to capture the functionality and response of the services.
- Created Scenarios using LoadRunner Controller by using different techniques such as Schedule by Scenario, Schedule by Group, Ramp Up, and Ramp Down.
- Used LoadRunner Controller to Perform PEAK Load Tests.
- Analyzed different graphs like transaction response times, hits per second and throughput.
- Executed tests for Adhoc projects for verifying the patches applied for the defects founded in the initial Performance tests.
- Work in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Reported results with the comparisons of test results and observations.
- Developed weekly reports of Performance data and metrics.
Environment: LoadRunner, LoadRunner Controller, Web services, WSDL, Windows XP/7, SQL Server, Google Analytics, C