- 13 years of work experience in Software Testing Projects. Extensive experience in Data Migration Testing, Bigdata Testing, Data Warehouse Testing, Business Intelligence Reports Testing and Automation Testing.
- Comprehensive knowledge in reviewing Business Requirement documents and developing Test Estimations, Test Strategies, Test Cases, Test scripts, Test Metrics, Test results, Test environment setup, Test data creation and Test closure summary.
- 9 years of experience in Data Warehouse/ETL testing, BI reports and Bigdata testing. Good Knowledge on Business intelligence, OLAP, Dimensional modeling, Star and Snowflake schema, extraction, transformation and loading (ETL) process. Expert in writing SQL/ PLSQL scripts and SQL Tuning on Oracle & SQL Server. Good knowledge on ETL Tools - DataStage, Talend, SSIS and BI Reporting tools - Microstrategy, Logi Analytics, SAP Crystal Reports.
- 2 years of experience on Business Intelligence Reports development on SAP Crystal Reports and HealthRules Answers tool (Logi Analytics).
- 2 years of experience in Big Data Testing and Automation. Experience in writing HQL, Spark-sql, HDFS commands and Unix Scripting to data analysis/validation in Hadoop. Worked on Hive Query Language including concepts like Views, External Tables, Partitions, Bucketing. Develop Unix shell scripts to automate data validations.
- In depth knowledge in Hadoop ecosystem. Experience on Hive, HDFS, Sqoop, Yarn, Flume, PIG, SCALA, HBase. Knowledge on AWS.
- Validated Big data transformation jobs developed using tool - ‘Talend Open Studio for Big data’. Experience in validating data movement at different stages from source systems to Hadoop.
- Experience working in highly-agile Scrum environment working against light requirements
- Implemented multiple automation solutions using Unified Functional Testing (UFT/QTP), TestComplete, VBScript, DataStage, PLSQL, SAP Crystal Reports. Expert in implementing Test Optimization Techniques in the project.
- Experience on SOAPUI testing. Good Knowledge on SOAP, REST.
- Experience working in time-sensitive, mission-critical situations with end-users
- Good Knowledge on Hadoop concepts - MapReduce Jobs, HiveQL, PIG scripts. Experience in Big Data testing on Apache Hadoop systems.
- Good at project tracking, process related works, Maintaining SharePoint for the Project. Experience on project tracking tools like ALM (HP Application Lifecycle Management), QAComplete and Jira.
- Experience in working with Offshore - Onshore, Remote Teams.
- End-to-end involvement in all phases of SDLC, STLC and Defect life cycle
Operating Systems: Windows and Unix
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, Unix Scripting, VBScript, HIVE, Spark SQL, Python
Database: Oracle, SQL Server, Hadoop, IBM DB2, Yellowbricks
Test Environments: ETL Testing, Big Data Testing, BI Reports Testing, API Testing, Web Testing
Data Warehousing Tools: DataStage, SSIS, Talend, Micro strategy, Crystal Reports
Tools: Toad, SQL developer, UFT/QTP, TestComplete, Dbeaver
Defect Management Tool: HP ALM, QAComplete
API: REST, SOAP
Agile Tools: Jira, Rally
Senior Big Data QA Engineer
- Drive test plan/strategy formulation for analytics testing including decomposition of business/technical requirements into test case scenarios and corresponding test data requirements.
- Testing of the Data Analytics internal pipeline, from verifying the integrity of data being collated to interpretation of results expected based on business question being answered
- Develop automated test scripts to test ETL loads, data aggregations, data conversions and data integrity
- Perform root cause analysis and help in debugging the data issues.
- Identify test data requirements and create test data as needed
- Support Data Scientist to write scripts which incorporate a testing framework.
- Execute tests, document and publish test results.
- Communicate issues to the team and assist in root cause analysis
- Provide a critical role in a highly-agile Scrum environment working against light requirements
- Working in time-sensitive, mission-critical situations with end-users
- Mentoring to other Test Engineers at offshore
- Contribute to quality assurance standards and procedures
Technology QA Lead
- Defines Test Plans and finalize testing scope for the project.
- Develop automated and manual cripts to test ETL loads, data aggregations, data conversions, data extracts and the data warehouse
- Identify test data requirements and create test data as needed
- Regression testing during the upgrades.
- Coordinate in smoke testing, System Testing, Regression Testing, Data Migration Testing, Correspondence Testing, ETL Testing, Business Intelligence Reports Testing and End to End testing of HealthRules applications.
- Developed Test Cases for Deployment Verification, ETL Data Validation, Report testing.
- Develop Complex SQL/PLSQL Scripts to verify the data in both source and target schemas to validate the Data migration
- Develop and maintain Members, Providers, Claims QA Business Intelligence & Operational Reports on HealthRules Answers application (Logi Analystics).
- Design and develop the Hybrid Automation Framework, harnesses and code libraries to enable the team to both use and enhance them across successive projects.
- Subject Matter Expert for HealthEdge applications (HealthRules Payor-Designer, Manager; HealthRules Portal; HealthRules Connector & HealthRules Answers). Determines the operating scenarios or business processes that must be tested and identifies the key business activities that are common to multiple business processes.
- Mentoring HealthRules Technology teams from offshore India, responsible for testing function, evaluate, validate IT initiatives and identify issues in software or services.
- Develop SSIS (SQL Server integration Services) packages to generated QA audit tables during data migration from current Legacy PowerStepp to the new proposed HealthRules Payor platform.
- HealthRules Inbound & Outbound Interface testing using webservice testing automation tool (SOAP UI).
- Identify different subject areas in the data, develop data models, data dictionary and business transformation logics used for Business Analytics, Reporting and Data Research.
Sr IT Quality Analyst
- Attending walkthrough meetings and prepare Test Plan from the Business Requirements and Functional Specification.
- Develop Test Cases for ETL Data Validation.
- Create HIVE External tables and load data from HDFS files.
- Develop HIVE Scripts to verify the data in both source and target schemas to validate the Data migration
- Resolve clarifications raised by the team, Subject Matter Expert for the project.
- Understanding of ETL requirements (source-to-target mappings).
- Validate Sqoop Import module to load the data from RDBMS to Hadoop.
- Validate data transformation jobs on Hadoop developed using Talend Open Studio for Big data tool.
- Write HDFS commands to validate data in Hadoop.
- Involve in designing Test strategy, Test planning, Test estimations, Test Scenarios, Test Cases and Test Data
- Develop HIVE scripts to test ETL data loads, data conversions, data extracts.
- Perform validation at every stage while data movement using source system to Hadoop.
- Perform Data Analysis and developed Data Mapping documents for ETL projects.
- Communicates discrepancies determined in testing to impacted areas and monitored resolution.
- Develop SQL Queries/Scripts to perform data validations, validate reports.
- Coordinating with offshore team to accomplish the tasks as per the project plan.
- Interface with diverse levels of internal and external personnel to develop and maintain effective rapport and to resolve issues and inquiries.
- Analyze business and technical requirements and use Quality Assurance (QA) principles, methodologies, tools and techniques to ensure quality.
- Implementing Cost saving techniques. Organize initiatives like Cross Applications Training etc.