- More than 10 years’ experience as a Senior Quality Assurance and Software Testing Engineer with a thorough knowledge of software development lifecycle management, implementation, and requirement analytical experience, seeking a position as a Software testing Engineer or a QA Analyst.
- An energetic, team - oriented, and process-focused professional with excellent communication skills in Software Quality Assurance field.
- Familiarity with Agile software development lifecycle. Expertise in Quality Assurance and Control Principles, Process and Methodologies and awareness to ISO, SEI-CMM, Waterfall, and SCRUM processes.
- Experienced in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Experienced in reviewing and understanding business and testing requirements.
- Experienced in working in important phases of Testing Life Cycle like GUI Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Functionality Testing, System Testing, and Acceptance Testing.
- Ability to create Detailed Test Plan from Master Test Plan, Functional Specification, and Detailed Design Documents.
- Extensively experienced in using HP Quality Center for bug tracking and reporting the modification requests
- Experienced in using SQL for querying the Large Databases by writing Advanced Joins, Aggregate Functions, and Single Row Functions.
- Very comfortable with UNIX platform and experienced in writing shell scripts in UNIX.
- Hands on experience with Java based, .Net based Web Applications, and Mainframe Applications.
- Hands on experience in Software Development Life Cycle and Rational Unified Process.
- Experienced in working closely with users and business analysts, project managers, developers to understand requirements, business processes for testing and attending walkthroughs.
Databases: Oracle RDBMS, SQL Servers, MS Access 2000, Sybase, Informix
DB Tools: Oracle SQL, SQL Developer, TOAD, Raptor, and Aqua Data Analyzer.
Operating System: HP-UX, AIX, SUN, Linux, Dos, WinNT, and Win2000/XP
Server: Sun, AS400, Web Logic, Windows2000, IIS, Apache Tomcat
Test Tools: Quality Center, Silk, PVCS, Selenium web driver, Jira
Web Technology: RCM, XML, XML SPY, HTML, ASP, JSP, J2EE, .Net, C#, Visual Studio
Configuration Mgmt.: Rational Requisite Pro, TortoiseSVN Version control, SharePoint.
Confidential, Fort Detrick, MD
Quality Assurance Engineer
- Assists JMLFDC Test Manager with creation of Test Plans, Test Summary reports and Lessons learned for assigned project/capabilities. Assists in the preparation of estimates for the performance of the various activities defined in the Test Plan.
- Applied agile test methodology to design of tests and testing strategies for the analysis and qualification of products.
- Attended daily Scrum, report status, discuss daily issue and solution, update to client in timely manner.
- Involved in identifying Use cases from the Functional requirements and wrote Use Case Specifications and created business process diagrams.
- Designed the process flow diagram for the data release governance using Microsoft Visio.
- Tested application security features and compatibility across multiple browser types and encryption levels.
- Created test data for validating scenarios based on functional requirements specifications.
- Developed and managed all the requirements in HP Quality Center, making requirements available to all team members.
- Used Quality Center to provide all teams visibility and maintain tractability among requirements, test cases and change requests.
- Worked with technical staff to validate test requirements, resolved design issues and software defects using Quality Center.
- Managed Defect Resolution Process and Logged defects in HP Quality Centre.
- Conducted various management activities by analyzing and verifying test results, provided status reports using Quality Center.
- Produced metrics and measurements based on data collected and provide a baseline for future measurement and defect reporting using Quality Center.
- Performed Back-End testing by writing SQL queries and validated the database using Complex SQL Joins and Functions.
- Executed and maintained the automated scripts using Selenium.
- Created Regression suite for various test scenarios; Tested and executed the suite whenever a code was changed using Selenium Web driver using JAVA
- Created Test scripts and UAT test cases and coordinated with the UAT Team and Project manager and performed User Acceptance Testing with the Users.
- Involved in the technical areas research and resolution of the system and processed problems.
- Conducted benchmarking activities to identify best practices.
- Developed strategic partnerships with the business unit to develop a solid knowledge base of the business line.
Environment: J2EE, SOAP, Oracle, SQL, Star Team, Quality center, Microsoft Project Management, Clear Case, Clear Quest.
Confidential, Manassas, VA
Sr. QA Engineer
- Participated in analysis of various marketing requirements, functional & requirements and other development documents.
- Supervised all functionality testing on each milestone of the application and advice on best practice for successful QA. Communicate with all levels of management on test status.
- Meet daily with Business Analysts, Product Staff and Development on Test Issues and Requirements.
- Created a formal quality assurance structure and developed testing processes according to SDLC and USE Cases standards.
- Implemented test plans, matrixes, scripts, and tools using gathered business requirements.
- Drafted policies and procedures, trained business analysts and developers in its use, and guided the team throughout the implementation of the program. Developed test plans and executed test cases for manual functional
- For testing, in a large-scale server systems architecture environment, I have been maintaining standard test templates for functional test plans, test scenarios and test cases.
- Documented test procedures, reconciling test results from different tests.
- Help team deliver well-designed and written test cases to project.
- Oversee the execution of test cases, review test results and report defects.
- Consulted with the appropriate technical groups and release management team to determine where to go forward with the release or not go.
- Documented test procedures and findings. Reconcile test results from different test and different groups.
- Assessed readiness and deviation of product/ project performance based upon test results and product specifications.
- Performed functional and system tests on Web-based applications on different browsers: IE, Firefox, Safari, and Chrome, using QTP and LoadRunner, in both the QA and back-up environments.
- Developed test scripts based upon business requirements and processes, in the line with defined workflows and use cases.
- Maintained a repository of manual test cases and scripts using HP Quality Center
- Documented and prioritized defects, using JIRA defect tracking tool. Review all reported bugs and assign them the appropriate individuals.
- Tested Web-based applications built on IBM portal technology, written on JAVA, to test relevant existing system functionality.
- Worked with business and technology leads to identify the appropriate data for testing, and prepare that data for test cases using SQL. The data fed from DB2 and Oracle.
Environment: Java, XML, Soup UI, Unix, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Mantis Bug Tracker, SmarteScript, Microsoft Office Share Point Server (MOSS-2007), Microsoft virtual PC 2007, QTP 9.2, VBScript, LISA, Mercury Quality Center 9.2
Confidential, FALLS CHURCH, VA
Software Test Engineer
- Involved in writing the test plans, test cases and RTM involved in the process of analyzing the expected and actual results
- Prepared of test Status Report, Weekly Reports and Monthly Reports
- Investigate, identify, analyze, define and document business processes
- Generated the test scripts for Functional, Data driven and Regression testing using.
- Extensively worked on handling the application response for Positive and Negative sets of data using Data Driven Testing
- Performed Functional, Regression, UAT and Integration testing on different browsers
- Assist with user testing of systems, developing and maintaining quality procedures, and ensuring that appropriate documentation is in place
- Responsible for Work Allocation and Review Test Execution Results reported by QA Engineers.
- Designed Summary Reports, Traceability Reports using Crystal Reports from MSSQL database of Quality Center.
- Involvement in writing and modifying UNIX scripts and other SQL validation scripts, and writing scripts in SQL/PLSQL to validate the outputs
- Developed custom templates for reporting Test case summary, Validation Status, Test case statistics and preparing Requirement Traceability Matrix utilizing the data from quality center using ODBC connection
- Facilitated formal review meetings with users and developers to report, demonstrate, prioritize and suggest resolution to issues discovered during testing cycles.
- Participated in daily calls with business users, developers and weekly status meetings.
- Participated in Lisa testing for Automate regression testing to dramatically reduce labor costs and improve time-to-market.
- Prepared Test Metrics, Bug database and generated monthly reports
- Had regular meeting with Developers to report various problems
Environment: UNIX, Oracle 9x, SQL, ASP, HTML, VB, Quality Center9.2, PVCS, QTP 9.0, WIN NT/2000, MS-Excel, LISA, MS-Word.
Confidential, Chantilly, VA
SW Test Engineer
- Execute system test that includes GUI functional, Data Validation, Interface test and End-to-End solution test, documents results, defect and issue resolution
- Validate web security system that include login process, password encryption, customer access limitation, App session time out, individual screen time out that must meet the system requirements
- Participate in project and product team meeting to provide quality assurance input and report readiness of test status for all phases of the production life cycle
- Execute SQL statement to verify that the assigned port or cable inserted in to the references table
- Use PVCS bug tracking system to keep track of all bugs found during system test, wrote defects and assign to responsible developer to fix the error in due time.