- 5 years of experience in Software Quality Assurance and Test Automation Process in the IT industry.
- Experienced in Black Box Testing, Smoke Testing, Regression Testing, Functional Testing Front and Back End Testing.
- Proficient in using test automation tools such as Selenium WebDriver IDE/Grid and Quality Center/ALM to develop automation testing scripts for web and client server applications.
- Developed and implemented Hybrid framework, Selenium Page Object Model (POM) pattern with Selenium WebDriver using Object Oriented Programming language Java, comprehension tool Maven and, open source unit test framework TestNG.
- Expertise in Grouping of Test Cases, Test Methods and Test Suites for regression and integration testing using the TestNG annotations like Groups, Parameter, Data Provider.
- Experience building Maven, TestNG, Jenkins and deployment of source code via GIT.
- Implement Object Oriented Programming (OOP) concepts using Java such as Inheritance, Polymorphism, Encapsulation, Abstraction and Java Collections.
- Experienced in using Apache POI to read data from external sources to feed locators into the test script.
- Strong Experience using SQL queries to retrieve data from the databases.
- Good Knowledge in Writing and Executing Test cases, analyzing the Test results and Defect Tracking.
- Expertise in using JIRA for defect tracking, bug reporting and coordinating with team members in debugging effort and Root Cause Analysis.
- Excellent understanding in use of Waterfall and Agile (Scrum) Methodologies.
- Experience with standard test methodologies, and ability to quickly acquire business and technical knowledge to come up with robust test cases, and work against aggressive timelines.
TESTING TOOLS: Selenium Web Driver, Selenium Grid, TestNG, log4j, Jenkins, JIRA
PROCESS & METHODOLOGY: SDLC, STLC, Waterfall, Agile
LANGUAGES: JAVA, PL/SQL, XML, HTML
DEV. ENVIRONMENT: C/C++, .Net, Java, PHP, Ruby
DATABASE: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, DB2
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows, Mac, Unix/Linux
QA automation engineer
- Worked closely with the SCRUM team to create test scripts and test cases to ensure coverage of all areas of the product/feature(s).
- Involved in testing the Web Applications developed in different programming languages.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) on Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for nightly batch run of the Script. Extensive work experience on JAVA, TestNG, and Jenkins.
- Set up Selenium tools from scratch and configured various other peripherals tools to perform Selenium test.
- Creating and maintaining smoke/functional/regression scripts for web - based application using Selenium Web Driver, Java, and TestNG.
- Applied robust Page object pattern (POM) on new builds and every modification in the application for Selenium WebDriver to do Smoke & Regression testing.
- Experienced in developing and maintaining Automation Framework with good understanding of different Frameworks like Data Driven and Keyword Driven.
- Used Selenium Grid to run the scripts in multiple platforms and browsers.
- Analyzed test results, tracked the defects, and generated reports using JIRA.
- Prepared the data to cover various scenarios and wrote SQL scripts to verify the database updates, inserts and deletion of the records.
- Worked closely with Tech teams to choose a better solution for solving the issue.
- Coordinated between technology and business teams to prevent any gaps between business needs and testing.
Environment: Java, Selenium IDE, Selenium Web Driver, SQL Server, Eclipse, TestNG, HTML, GIT, Jenkins
Test Automation Engineer
- Developed Test Plans, Test strategy and Test Cases to test the Screens and workflows for Quality Assurance by using Quality Centre.
- Work in Agile, scrum, and sprint environment to change the requirements and features set. Created Modular Driven Automation Framework from the Scratch
- Developed automated test scripts using Selenium and in Java Eclipse IDE.
- Maintained the Selenium & JAVA automation code and resources in source controls such as GIT over the time for improvements and new features.
- Performed Regression testing using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Jenkins Continuous Integration.
- Implemented Page Object Model automation framework with Selenium WebDriver, Java and Cucumber.
- Configured Selenium Web-Driver, Test-NG, Maven tool and created Selenium automation scripts in java using Junit prior to agile release.
- Involved in integrating the test suites to Jenkins to execute them automatically after every successful deployment.
- Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environments as part of Continuous Integration Process using Selenium Grid and Jenkins.
- Extensively worked in Regression testing, Parallel Processing using Selenium Web driver in TestNG.
- Performed Test Execution and defect logging and tracking using JIRA
- Ran regression scripts to ensure that the existing features are working fine.
- Attended Team meetings to give the project status updates and discuss for any technical issues in the project that are faced by team members.
Environment: Selenium Web driver, TestNG Quality Center, MS Office, Visio, MS-SQL Server, Oracle, Java, Java Script, J2EE, and Windows.
Confidential , NJ
QA Test Engineer
- Reviewed and analyzed the Business requirements and Functional requirements to better understand the client needs.
- Worked with the development team to understand technical design and architecture for test planning.
- Executed Manual and Automated tests and reported defects by running automated tests.
- Executed manual tests; reviewed results of all tests and reported anomalies into the defect tracking database; verified the resolution of all defects for an assigned project.
- Prepared traceability matrix to ensure the adequate coverage of the test cases.
- Gave a demo of the working product at the end of the first sprint to the development team, product owners and customers.
- Involved in implementation and documentation of standard procedures for setting up and configuration of the test.
- Attended weekly meetings on project status. Responsible for designing and developing mockups for User Interface and prototype testing.
Environment: Java, Manual Tester, Quality Center, MS Visio, HTML, Java Script, Oracle, UNIX.