Database Languages: MSSQL 2000, MSSQL 2005, MySQL, Microsoft Access, PostgresQL, MongoDB
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2000+, Ubuntu server administrator, Redhat experience
Software: Adobe Photoshop, Visual Studio, Eclipse, WordPress, Drupal, PhoneGapXcode, X-Cart, FusionReactor, Apache Solr, jQuery, RaphaelJS (Vector graphics/mapping library), SitScape, TransVoyant, Docker, SharePoint, Amazon Container Service
Third Party API’s Integrated: Paypal, Facebook, Twitter, FlickrYouTube, UPS, Authorize.net, Amazon AWS, Rackspace Cloud, MICROS, Client-side Certificate login (PIV Card login), SitScape, TransVoyant
DevOps Architect/Software Developer
- Responsible for maintaining Azure DevOps Infrastructure
- Developed many build and release pipelines to automate deployment to DEV and TEST infrastructure, and create release builds
- Administrator for JIRA, Confluence, Slack, and Azure DevOps users for our organization
- Helped other developers to work towards an ATO
- Wrote a small CRUD backend service that used Java/Spring Boot/Spring Data to help analysts create citations more efficiently
- Responsible for maintaining infrastructure on AWS including Ubuntu servers with Docker Swarm, SharePoint servers
- Containerized over 10 apps including a GUI that was developed in house, Apache Accumulo, Apache NiFi, MySQL. These are set up in a Docker Swarm.
- Attended DockerCon 2017
- Worked with Drupal to rapidly develop prototypes for much larger applications that would later be written in Sharepoint. Would spend a week to develop a proof-of-concept prototype which later took 9 months to develop in Sharepoint
- Worked closely with node.js, Postgres, PHP and Linux
Lead Drupal Developer
- Took over existing codebase and simplified it, increasing performance
- Significantly reduced complexity of code
- Wrote many custom modules including one that tracks the workflow of Weekly Report and Weekly Report Entries within ERS and one that tracks the workflow of something called “Outputs”.
- Obtained a Public Trust clearance with the Confidential
Full Stack Drupal Developer
- Integrated Apache Solr with Drupal using modules such as Apache Solr autocomplete, Apache Solr Access, and wrote custom code to provide content recommendations using Solr
- Designed infrastructure including dev/test/staging/prod environments with load balancers
- Created a git workflow, set up git server
- Leveraged DisplaySuite to customize the look-and-feel of most pages
- Helped write several Angular apps that communicated with Drupal backends. The backends leveraged Views Datasource and Views JSON
- Developed 10+ custom modules including one that allows administrators to log in using their Confidential PIV Access Cards and another to allow users to register for the site under strict guidelines
- Maintained public trust clearance with HHS
- Collaborated with a team of content experts and project managers from Confidential
- Deployed a git server for managing code and also used Features to manage deployments
Senior Software Engineer, Project Manager, DevOps
- Developed a content management system using ColdFusion 8.0 and MSSQL 2008 database
- Worked with MySQL, SQLite, MSSQL 2000 and MSSQL 2005 databases
- Migrated servers from bare-metal in Ashburn, VA to Rackspace Virtual Machines to AWS over the course of 7 years.
- This saved on hosting costs tremendously while making deployments easier
- Worked with Rackspace Cloud and Amazon EC2 extensively
- Maintained 50+ client websites, including 5 legacy ASP.NET websites, several PHP websites and a large number of ColdFusion sites. I did not develop the sites, which existed prior to joining the company, thus I had to quickly understand spaghetti code written by others.
- Developed 30+ websites for clients either from scratch or based on our proprietary content management system, which was written in ColdFusion
- Wrote a native iOS application which thousands of people have downloaded.
- Included a simple SQLite database consisting of 50,000 entries and allowed searching of the database.
- Wrote an application using PhoneGap for both iOS and Android
- Refer to “Summary of Selected Projects” on following pages
- Wrote content management system tutorial and conducted training sessions
- Led initial client meetings and wrote proposals
- Project manager and primary point of contact for 25+ clients
Director of Business Development
- Hired a marketing intern to conduct market research, using the data to make improvements
- Developed a new website and started a company blog
- Website receives 85% more page views per month, 45% more unique visitors, and, mostimportantly, the average visit duration is up from 51 seconds to 2 minutes.
- The new website helped bring in several leads.
- Impressions in Search Engines were up 1,900%
- Appearance in search results is up significantly.
- One keyword that I focused on was