Dedicated and driven candidate seeking a stimulating environment to contribute and to grow with a group that will provide career advancement opportunities.
- Overall 10+ years of experience as a Sr. DevOps / ELK Engineer and Build/Release management, SCM, Environment Management and Build/Release Engineering for automating, building, releasing and configuring changes from one environment to other environment.
- Worked on DevOps/Agile operations process and tools area (Environment, Service, unit test automation, Build & Release automation, Code review, Incident and Change Management).
- Profusely worked on Hudson, Jenkins Team City and Team Forge for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Proficient in SQLite, MySQL and Postgre SQL databases with Python. Experienced in developing Web Services with Python programming language.
- Experience in development and configuration experience with software provisioning tools like Chef, Puppet, Docker and Ansible.
- Integrated delivery (CI and CD process) Using Jenkins, Bamboo, Nexus, Yum and puppet. Encountered with Version Control Systems administering Subversion and Perforce.
- End to end application design and development using RESTful APIs, Micro - services, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap 3.0 and JQuery.
- Integrated Jenkins with various DevOps tools such as Nexus, Sonarqube, Puppet, CA Nolio, HP CDA, HP ALM and HP QTP etc.
- Automating Cloud infrastructure setup via Cloud formation, terraform and - Confidential Urbancode Deploy
- Ansible Playbook. - AWS Code Deploy.
- Good experience in Code Quality Analysis tool like Sonarqube for testing the code quality of developed code.
- Hands-on knowledge of software containerization platforms like Docker and container orchestration tools like Docker-Swarm and Knowledge on Kubernetes.
- Experience with AWS Cloud Services like EC2, IAM, SNS, CLOUD WATCH, S3, VPC, EBS, ELB, AUTO-SCALING, ROUTE53 and Knowledge on RDS.
- Monitoring the Nginx with Nginx-Amplify.
- Expertise in creating DevOps strategy in a mix environment of Linux CENTOS, UBUNTU servers.
- Using Jenkins, able to build the different kind of projects like Freestyle, Maven Based, Pipeline, Multi-branch pipeline.
Operating Systems: Linux Red Hat, Linux CentOS, Ubuntu, Unix, Windows, AIX
Version Control Tools: SVN, GIT, TFS, CVS and Confidential Rational Clear Case
Web/Application Servers: Web Logic, Apache Tomcat, Web Sphere and JBOSS
Automation Tools: Jenkins/Hudson, BuildForge and Bamboo
Build Tools: Maven, Ant and MS Build
Configuration Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift
Databases: Oracle 11g/12c, DB2, MS Access and SQL Server 2012/2008R2/2005 Couchbase
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Remedy, ServiceNow and Confidential Clear Quest
Virtualization Tools: Docker, VM virtual Box and VMware
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Cloud watch, Splunk
Cloud Platform: AWS EC2, VPC, EBS, Cloud Formation AWS Config and S3, Terraform
Languages: C/C++, Java, Python and PL/SQL
Confidential, Milpitas, CA
Devops / ELK Stack Engineer
- Migrate Data from Elasticsearch-2.x Cluster to Elasticsearch-5.6.4 and version 5x to 6.5, 6.5 to 7.X using logstash, filebeat Kafka for all environments.
- Migrate all clusters for enterprise to Open source
- Infrastructure design for the ELK Clusters.
- Elasticsearch and Logstash performance and configuration tuning.
- Identify and remedy any indexing issues, crawl errors, SEO penalties, etc.
- Provided design recommendations and thought leadership to improved review processes and resolved technical problems. working with product managers to architect the next generation of Workday search’s.
- Benchmark Elasticsearch - 7.X for the required scenarios.
- Providing Global Search with Elasticsearch
- Written watcher alerts based on required scenarios.
- Developed APIs for integration with various data sources.
- Implemented cloud based integrations with elastic.
- Build visualization and Dashboards using kibana.
- Worked on configuring the ELK stack and used it for analyzing the logs from different applications.
- Involved in creating the cluster and implemented the backup of the cluster with the help of curator by taking the snapshots.
- Spin up the environment with the help of chef cook books and involved in modifying them per our requirement.
- Created users for application teams to view their logs using curl statements and provided only the read access to them.
- Using Curator API on Elasticsearch to data back up and restoring.
- Configured xpack for the security and monitoring of our cluster and created watches to check for the health and availability of the nodes.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby, and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache, and IIS.
- Worked on Cloud automation using AWS Cloud Formation templates.
- Hands on experience in EC2, VPC, Subnets, Routing tables, Internet gateways, IAM, Route53, VPC peering, S3, ELB, RDS, Security Groups, CloudWatch, SNS on AWS.
- Implemented Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Chef, and Maven in Linux environment.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation using Jenkins along with Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Manage AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Chef.
- Skilled in monitoring servers using Nagios, Data dog, Cloud watch and using ELK Stack Fluentd Kibana .
- Managed servers on the open stack / cloud / Amazon Web Services AWS platform instances using Chef Configuration management.
- Worked on using Chef Attributes, Chef Templates, Chef Recipes and Chef Files for managing the configurations across various nodes using Ruby.
- Experience with container based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker HUB and Docker registries.
- Implemented a production ready, load balanced, highly available, fault tolerant Kubernetes infrastructure.
- Worked with JIRA for creating Projects and Created Mail handlers and notification Schemes for JIRA .
- Worked with ServiceNow for creating / reporting tickets, change dashboards and use service catalog.
- By using JIRA/CONFLUENCE we maintain our product release wikis on confluence and administer JIRA and manage tickets raised.
- Involved in an Agile/ Scrum environment and daily standup meetings.
- Manage regular changes in priority due to customer priority changes.
- Written the Grok pattern in logstash.
- Configured logstash: input, filter, output plugins - database, jms, log file sources and elastic search as output converting search indexes to Elastic with large amount of data
- Elastic search experience and capacity planning and cluster maintenance. Continuously looks for ways to improve and sets a very high bar in terms of quality.
- Written custom plugins to enhance/customize open source code as needed. written automation salt Scripts for managing, expanding, and node replacement in large clusters.
- Sync Elasticsearch Data between the data centers using Kafka and logstash. managing Kafka Cluster and integrated Kafka with elastic.
- Installed and Configure curator to delete indices older then 90 days.
- Responsible to designing and deploying new ELK clusters (Elasticsearch, logstash, Kibana, beats, Kafka, zookeeper etc).
- Proactively monitoring performance.
Environment: ELK stack, Service Now, Kafka, beats, Python, Java, GIT, SVN, Maven, Ansible, Puppet, Docker, Jenkins, Apache Webserver, JIRA, Windows, Python, Power Shell, AWS, Chef, MYSQL, Kubernetes, VMware / OpenStack servers
Confidential, Austin, TX
- Provided a better workflow for Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Actively involved in architecture of DevOps platform and cloud solutions. Create and maintain deployment scripts of Java/J2EE Applications to any Application Server. Salt Stack, Puppet, Chef and Ansible configuration management and automation.
- Improved development quality by setting up automated testing using Code exception and Circle CI with Github.
- Developed Spark code and Spark-SQL/Streaming for faster testing and processing of data.
- Transitioned Infrastructure from private data center to Cloud (AWS). Experience with configuration management and automation tools Docker.
- Created a tracker for signed and received offer packages for both TerraForm Power and TerraForm Global.
- Created and wrote shell scripts (Bash), Ansible and PowerShell for automating tasks. Experience in building frameworks and automating complex workflows using Python for Test Automation.
- Worked on integrating GIT into the continuous Integration (CI) environment along with Anthill-Pro, Jenkins, Cruise Control and Subversion. Written scripts to containerize Ceph using Dockers and orchestrate it using Kubernetes. Configured the services using modern DevOps tools, like GoCD, Ansible.
- Good Exposure on Virtualization and Containers (Docker) Experience in Branching/Merging/Conflict resolution using source control tools such as Git, SVN.
- Good understanding of Openshift platform in managing Docker containers and Kubernetes Clusters.
- Troubleshooting issues occurring in Docker host using docker workbench tool by writing scripts.
- Container clustering with Docker Mesos/Kubernetes. implementing and Managing Docker and Kubernetes infrastructure.
- Experienced in working on DevOps/Agile operations process and tools area (Code review, unit test automation, Build & Release automation, Environment, Service, Incident and Change Management).
- In-depth experience with Amazon AWS Cloud Services, (EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, Cloud Watch, Elastic IP, RDS, SNS, SQS, Glacier, IAM, VPC) and managing security groups on AWS.
- Built various containers using Docker engine and Docker Machine environments, to deploy the micro services oriented environments for scalable applications.
- Deployed DevOps using Puppet, Dashboard, and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Launched Docker containers on EC2 instance. SVN administration like give access for branches and SVN repositories.
- Determining what Elastic Search queries produce the best search experience. Improving performance and scalability of an existing Elastic Search app.
- Participated in release planning and scheduling by providing empirical Scrum team statistics, identifying project dependencies, and creating velocity forecasts. Translating business requirements into a Elastic Search implementation.
- Designed, automated the process of installation and configuration of secure DataStax Enterprise Cassandra using puppet.
- Participated in release planning and scheduling by providing empirical Scrum team statistics, identifying project dependencies, and creating velocity forecasts.
Environment: GIT, SVN, Maven, ANT, Docker, Jenkins, Apache Webserver, JIRA, Windows, Python, Power Shell, AWS, Chef, MS SQL, Java.
- Participated in configuring and monitoring distributed and multiple platform servers using Puppet. Used Puppet server and workstation to manage and configure nodes.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using AWS Code pipeline, code commit Jenkins, Chef, Maven & Nexus in Linux server's environment.
- Scripting Continuous Integration (CI) with help of Ruby and TeamCity to build and deploy on AWS EC2 instance using Docker.
- Problems & performance issues; deployed latest patches for Sun, Linux and Application servers, Performed Solaris, and Red Hat Linux Kernel Tuning for TCP stack.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, CHEF, and Docker in AWS on prime servers.
- Experience on Hudson/Jenkins and Bamboo for continuous integration and for the end to end Automation for all the builds and deployments.
- User management, Creating and configuring new environments, libraries and projects in BuildForge.
- Worked in migrating code from SVN to Gitrepo (stash/bit bucket)
- Writing wrapper scripts to automate deployment of cookbooks on nodes and running the chef client on them in a Chef-Solo environment.
- Involved in design, development micro services with Restful and SOAP web services using Spring REST.
- Responsible for nightly and weekly builds for different modules.
- Worked closely with development team and SQA team for product releases.
- Worked closely with software developers and DevOps to debug software and system problems.
- Worked on building and deploying Java code, AWS, Azure, Chef, Cruise Control, Web Sphere Application Servers, Jboss Application Servers. Anthill Pro, NoSQL.
Environment: Perl Scripting, Puppet, Shell Scripting, Subversion, TFS, Jira, ANT, Maven, AWS, Azure, Spring TC Server, Jenkins, J2EE, Web sphere.
DevOps / Build and Release Engineer
- As DevOps Engineer, I am responsible for day-to-day build and deployment into QA and pre-prod environments
- Automate the build and deploy of all the internal environments using various continuous integration tools and scripting languages.
- Integrated Subversion into uDeploy to automate the code check-out process
- Maintained and administered GIT source code tool.
- Developed processes, tools, automation for TFS (Team Foundation System) based software for build system and delivering SW Builds.
- Managed build results in uDeploy and deployed using workflows in uDeploy.
- Delivered specific versions of various components of an application into target environments using uDeploy.
- Maintain and track inventory using uDeployand set alerts when the servers are full and need attention.
- Modeled the structure for multi-tiered applications orchestrates the processes to deploy each tier.
- Experience in JIRA to capture, organize and prioritize issues. Experience in partially administering JIRA for issue management.
- Network administration and Network monitoring.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Developing Information Security policies and coordinating the activities required for implementing them. Creating a compliance review plan and conduct periodic review to evaluate the compliance level.
- Implementation of TCP/IP& related Services-DHCP/DNS/WINS.Used Hudson/Jenkins for automating Builds and Automating Deployments.
- Troubleshot TCP/IP, layer 1, 2 problems and connectivity issues in multi-protocol Ethernet environment.
- Owned Release to Production Process, gathered approvals, signoffs from stakeholders and QAs before going to PROD.
- Maintaining the VMware ESXi Servers through VMware Infrastructure Client (vSphere client).
- Managed the Release Communication and Co-ordination Process.
- Developed build scripts using ANT and MAVEN as the build tools for the creation of build artifacts like war or ear files.
- Maintained the Shell and Perl scripts for the automation purposes.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT/MAVEN files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
Environment: Windows Solaris, UNIX, C++, Java, Eclipse 3.20, Ant, Jenkins, JBoss Application Server, CVS, Subversion, VTFS, Jira and Cygwin, IBMClearcase 7.0.
- Automated the deployments using scripts which execute the automated CI and release management process.
- Created a reusable deploy distribution for the system which can be ported to multiple environments without having the need to run separate builds.
- Automate Deployment using configuration Management tool like puppet to provision Amazon AWS Instances to enable continuous Deployments.
- Evaluate and install new software releases, system upgrades, and linux patches within a configuration management framework.
- Installed Linux, created user logins, administering the system performance and monitor Activities.
- Maintained test environment for pro active testing before deploying in the Production server using Vagrant for creating Virtual Linux development.
- Deployment of Bug Fixes on to the application server and tracking of the bugs using Bugzilla.
Environment: CI, AWS Cloud, OpenStack, PowerShell, Puppet, Jenkins, Maven, Cloudwatch, Cookbooks, Docker, JIRA, Ansible, Shell, Perl, GIT, Jenkins, Maven, AWS EC2, WebSphere, ANT, Putty, CONFLUENCE, Java, J2EE, SOA.