- More than Seven years of diversified IT experience as a QA tester, including creation of test plans, test cases, test scripts and test reports, and some automation testing of various client/server and web applications.
- As a Quality Assurance Analyst/Tester, provided extensive support in test designing, test development, test enhancement and test execution for various applications.
- Experienced in all phases of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), using Waterfall or Agile Methodologies.
- Experienced in different types of testing that include System testing, Integration testing, Functional testing, User Acceptance testing (UAT), Black Box Testing, and Regression testing with automated testing tools.
- Excellent in Writing Test plans, Test cases.
- Involved in Gathering, Planning and Translation of Software Business Requirements into test cases.
- Maintained a strong and close relationship with teammates and management to achieve an expected QA result for a project.
- Extensive experience in coordinating testing effort, responsible for test deliverables, status reporting to management, issue escalations.
- Experienced in testing applications manually using Test Director 8.0 and Quality Center 10.0, ALM, RALLY as well as regression testing using QTP automated testing tools.
- Interacted with developers & various members of my team and other teams to discuss and resolve defects and their priorities.
- Worked under tight deadlines with minimal to no supervision.
- Extensively executed SQL queries using tools like Query Analyzer, TOAD on Oracle and SQL SERVER tables in order to view successful data transactions and for validating data.
- Proven ability to work efficiently in both independent and team work environments.
- Superior analytical, troubleshooting, communication and presentation skills.
Languages: SQL, VB Script, JAVA, .Net
Software Tools: Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, JIRA,TOAD,SVN,PVCS
Operating systems: Windows 98/2000, XP, MS: DOS, Unix
Test Tools: Test Director 8.0, QC 10.0,ALM, RALLY, QTP 8.0
RDBMS: Oracle 8.x/9.x, Microsoft Access, SQL Server
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Was involved in testing different POS and Fuel Stations for Issuance and Redemption functionalities.
- Used In - House Automation tools (PTS) for Regression testing.
- Used SQL queries for backend validations.
- Tested different API calls SOAP using SOAP UI, REST and data interchange formats like JSON.
- Tested Web based application called PORTAL which is front end.
- Worked with DROOLS.
- Ran SQL queries to validate DATABASE testing.
- Working in core Agile/Scrum methodology and also used KANBAN methodology.
- Tested Back-End validation for Point-of-Sales transactions.
- Used Rally for Sprint tasks, Entering hours, keeping track of burn down, Tracking Defects. Writing, Updating and maintaining testcases.
- Was involved in every sprint release deployments and migrations from legacy systems.
- Validated complex XML logs.
- Worked on UNIX environment.
- Wrote Testcases based on User Stories and worked with Product Manager to determine the COS and Conducted peer review of test cases and provided feedback on areas of improvement.
- Involved in Production Deployments.
- Provided support as necessary in both Production and Testing environments.
- Worked effectively with developers, Product owners and other cross-functional teams to get work done on or ahead of schedule and to recommend solutions to maximize performance and efficiency.
- Used TDD (Test Development Driven) and BDD (Behavioral Development Development) method with developers for achieving better coordination and almost bug free product.
- Wrote testcases in TDD BDD method and ran tests using Cucumber and Eclipse.
- Excelled in Cross team coordination and communication to make integration testing efficient.
- Was responsible in testing different flavors of POS like Verifone, Nucleus, ScanMaster, Passport, NCR behaving with the software having different offers and their issuance.
- Worked with third party for setting up POS and make it functional with our Software.
- Was involved in Integration testing, Functional testing, User Acceptance testing (UAT), Black Box Testing, and Regression testing
- Worked on Systech, Reward Link Pass thru overhead projects.
Environment: Java, Unix/LINUX, .NET, Oracle, RALLY, XML, Eclipse, Cucumber, SOAP UI, DROOLS.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Was responsible in testing Point of Sale OTP (Order To Pay) application.
- Maintained and executed regression test cases for OTP, PPA, SalesForce.
- Was involved in Functional, Integration, System, End to End, Ad-hoc, Smoke Test.
- Involved in Weekly meetings and provided weekly status report to Team Leads and Project Managers.
- Interacted with developers about the bugs and various issues, tracked them till it was resolved.
- Worked with Peripherals like Receipt Printer, Scanner, Label printer, Signature pad, Express Pay.
- Reviewed and proofed the Requirements.
- Used Query Analyzer to validate in SQL Server database.
- Used XML logs to validate the Data flow from one system to another.
- Validated the credit card, Rewards cards, CAS Accounts Payments.
- Coordinated and supported offshore team.
- Tested across different web platforms(IE,Chrome,Safari,Firefox).
- Wrote test cases based on requirements for various systems involved in the Project.
- Wrote test cases for Kronos application
Environment: Java, Webmethods, SQL Server, QC 10.0, ALM.
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Manually Testing websites throughout the System Development Life Cycle, until application/site was defect-free.
- Writing test cases for each module.
- With Quality Center I was able to delegate, and organize the status of defects to proper parties responsible for fixing the issues at hand.
- Provided Detailed Status Report to Project Managers.
- Reviewed requirements for testability and usability, consulted development staff with regards to system functionality
- Developed SQL queries to query the database to test the backend process of the application.
- Performed Regression Testing using QTP automation tool after every build was pushed onto the development.
Environment: Windows XP, Vista, MS Office, QC 9.2, QTP.
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Coordinated across different departments to help formulate test plan, test strategy, test cases, individual roles, and scope of testing.
- Involved in extensive volume-centric testing.
- Used SQL to access the databases.
- Used Test Director as a bug tracking tool.
Environment: Test Director, Java/J2EE, WebLogic Application Server, SQL, Oracle.
- Involved in preparing Test plans based on requirements.
- Created, developed and executed test cases manually and using testing tools.
- Developed both positive and negative Test Cases for different functionalities
- Actively involved in Test Case review meetings with team lead.
- Performed Functional, Integration, System, Regression.
- Verified online Page customizations are thoroughly tested to check the added functionality.
- Performed Backend testing using SQL queries to verify the integrity of the database.
- Used QuickTest Pro for regression testing.
- Developed Reports and Graphs to present the Stress Test results to the management.
- Provided support for UAT testing as required for the application.
- Used Test Director as bug tracking tool to verify bug fixes, and update bug status.