- 6 Years of experience as a Software Automation Engineer in Test in both Functional and Automation Testing in various Client/Server and Web Application.
- Excellent understanding and experience of Software Testing life cycle(STLC) on all phases.
- Expert Knowledge of Software Development life cycle(SDLC), testing methodologies, testing tools.
- Hands - on writing and executing Testing Standards and Methodologies, Test Plan, Test Cases, and Scenarios, and analyzing Business and Functional Requirement in all phases.
- Experience in Backend Testing with API.
- Involved in Cross Browser/Parallel Testing, API Testing, and Database Testing.
- Experienced in writing and executing SQL queries on Databases for Backend Testing.
- Familiarity in Mobile App Testing of Native Apps, Web Apps, Hybrid Apps with Mobile Automation (Android and IOS) using Appium.
- Experience with QA processes, open source test frameworks, test design.
- Deep familiarity on performing Black Box Testing, Smoke Testing, Regression Testing.
- Worked extensively on complete Defect Management Life Cycle all the way from executing Test Cases, identifying Defects, Logging Defects and verification of Bug Fixes.
- Deep knowledge on different software development modules for SCRUM and AGILE.
- Experienced in problem solving and tracking bugs using bug/defect tracking tools like JIRA.
- Good work experience in functional testing of Rest APIs using POSTMAN.
- Ability in handling Ajax calls using WebDriver methods waits like Implicit, Explicit, fluent waits and thread sleep.
- Knowledge of test methodology and tools, software testing standards, methods and conventions, build systems, and the product development cycle.
- Developed and maintained frameworks and libraries needed to quickly expand and scale existing automation suites.
- Experience in developing end to end automation using Selenium WebDriver/TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, Cucumber, Rest-Assured and JDBC libraries.
- Executed Smoke and Regression tests and generated reports through Jenkins.
- Deep understanding of Object Oriented Programming Java concepts: Inheritance, Polymorphism, Abstraction, Inheritance.
- Communication skills in developing frameworks and collaborating with developers in the creation of automated testing scripts for our product.
- Experienced in creating reusable methods, using Collections and file input streams to retrieve Data from Excel and Database using Apache POI.
- Demonstrated ability to self-motivate and be flexible within a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in Java coding to write automation scripts.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, Maven, JUnit, TestNG, RestAssured,Postman, Jenkins, Git, GitHub, Jira, JDBC
Databases: MySQL, SQL
Bug Tracking Tools: Jira
Frameworks: Cucumber BDD Using JUnit, Selenium Using TestNG
Languages: Java, SQL, HTML, Gherkin, XML, JSON
Continuous Integration: Jenkins
Version Control: Git, Github
Project Building Tools: Maven
Methodologies: Waterfall / Agile
Orienting Systems: Mac OS, Windows NT/XP, Windows 7, Windows 8
Software Skills: Project, Excel, PowerPoint
Mobile Testing: Appium
Confidential, Illinois, IL
- Extensive experience both in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Designed and Implemented BDD Test Automation Framework using Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, Junit and Maven with Java.
- Experienced in creation of step definitions and feature files using Gherkin language in an implemented BDD framework using Cucumber.
- Experienced with RESTful API and used HTTP requests to GET, PUT, POST and DELETE data using RestAssured Library and Postman.
- Implemented JDBC and API testing functionality into the framework.
- Developed automation test script and extracted data from excel sheets using Apache POI library.
- Created SQL Queries and performed back-end testing to check compared UI and the database.
- Using Selenium WebDriver locator to identify Elements by writing CSS selector or Xpath for dynamic Web Elements.
- Successfully performing Continuous Integration Test using Jenkins.
- Used Jira for User Story management, planning, scheduling, running tests, defect tracking and managing the defects and executing the test cases.
- Worked with Agile and Scrum methodologies to accomplish project milestones and meet demanding timelines and attended User Story Sessions, Sprint Planning, Retrospective, and Grooming ceremonies.
Confidential, Illinois, IL
- Actively participated in Agile Scrum method, attended User Story Sessions, Sprint Planning Review and Sprint Retrospective meetings.
- Worked closely with the Business team and analyzed User Stories, Features for the application functionality.
- Involved test case design, test case review, code review meeting with the team.
- Involved in automation test cases using Selenium WebDriver, Maven, Junit and TestNG.
- Performed Smoke Testing, Functional Testing, System Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Database Testing.
- Implemented Page Object Model and Behavioral Driven in Selenium WebDriver and JAVA.
- Used Maven for Build management, Git as source repository and Jenkins for Continuous Integration.
- Involved in developing BDD features, scenarios and step definition using Cucumber, Gherkin and automated them using selenium WebDriver.
- Performed Back-end testing using MySQL.
- Used JIRA as project management tool and ALM as test case design and defect reporting.
- Experienced in Using JAVA database Connectivity (JDBC) API for SQL based database access.
- Experienced in testing Web services through Postman and REST- Assured using Java library.
- In depth understanding of Object Oriented Programming(OOP) concepts and skilled in developing automated test scripts in Java.
QA Automation/Manual Tester
Confidential, Illinois, IL
- Implemented quality software best practices to develop Test Strategy, Test Case and Test Automation and actively participated in process improvements.
- Effectively communicated with the application developers, project manager and other team members on application testing status ongoing basis when necessary.
- Actively participated in Sprint Planning, Retrospective, Sprint Demo and Daily Stand-Up Meetings.
- Extensively involved in creation of automation framework in Selenium WebDriver using Java with Cucumber and JUnit.
- Experience in writing feature files in Cucumber framework.
- Implemented a wide range of Functional Testing by various QA automation test frameworks like Behavior-Driven and Data-Driven to ensure the code reusability and code maintainability, which reduces the script development time.
- Set up jobs for Smoke and Regression Test using Continuous Integration tool, Jenkins.
- Involved in Back-end Testing to certify Data consistency on Front-end, by writing and executing SQL queries using JDBC.
- Performed Selenium Synchronization and applied Explicit and Implicit waits during testing in order to handle Synchronization issues.
- Used Actions Class to perform required mouse operations.
- Considerable experience in handling pop-ups, alerts, iframes, windows, dropdowns and so on using Selenium Web Driver.
- Experienced with XPath, CSS and other Selenium locators for locating web elements.
- Created reusable utility methods for testing framework.
- Tracked defect and enhancement requests as they entered into the defect-tracking system using JIRA.
- Experienced with Git/GitHub as a version control tool.