- Proven to be team oriented, organized, motivated and can lead efforts to completion. Develops, implements, and delivers full life - cycle support of Government Off-the-Shelf (GOTS) and Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) software system initiatives for use by multiple organizations and enterprise applications.
- Provides expert IT guidance and advice for a broad range of subject matter areas that may include: establishing project objectives, priorities, delivery dates, risk mitigation plans, IT metrics, business process reengineering alternatives, technical design criteria, software testing and quality assurance, and technical documentation in support of product development and/or implementation activities.
- Experience in Waterfall and Agile SDLC methodology. Executed configuration management activities using different Jira servers to include Jira Core, Jira Software, Jira Service Desk and Third-party applications.
- Experience/expertise with the Rehabilitation Act, Section 508 accessibility requirements and WCAG 2.0, 2.1 standards.
- Task Management/Agile
- Staff Management
- Application Support
- Software Development Life Cycle Methodology
- Familiarity with Acrobat Pro/DC
- Task Leadership
- Issue Resolution
- Government Contracting
- Written/Oral Communication
- Experience with Electronic Document 508 Testing
- Participated in full life-cycle software development using the agile methodology.
- Performed and coordinates system verification and validation test activities.
- Worked with developers and Business Analysts to ensure requirements are documented and implemented correctly.
- Performed widget testing to verify that the widget's UI features functions as expected.
- Analyze and test user stories/use cases/requirements for validity and feasibility on FEMA Grants Management Modernization (GMM) legacy system.
- Performed regression and ad-hoc testing against the FEMA Grants Management Modernization (GMM) legacy system.
- Coordinated with users and developers to identify QA standards and requirements for test result.
- Identified and tracks system defects; performs root case analysis of the defects; works with the development team to resolve defects in JIRA.
- Facilitated IV&V Collaboration Team Meeting to assist with onboarding of new employees.
- Assist with the coordination of project priorities within the project team and develop documentation and training materials as required.
- Conducted 508 Web Accessibility test activities on FEMA Grant Management Modernization legacy application and enhancements using WAT/WAF/ANDI Tools aligned with WCAG 2.0 and 2.1 standards, Color Contrast Analyzer, Inspect, Java Ferret and ARIA Favelets for new product releases and for incremental improvements to existing products, projects, and technologies.
- Facilitated and collaborate 508 issues found with other testers to ensure uniformity in findings of DHS 508 standards.
- Conducted daily 508 Web Accessibility test activities on DOL legacy applications as assigned; (e.g., Learning Link, Acquisition Management System (AMS) and E-Grants system using WAT/WAF Tools, Color Contrast Analyzer, Inspect, Java Ferret and ARIA Favelets.
- Facilitated daily Agile stand-up meetings to communicate the status of the project tasks and discuss any potential issues.
- Assisted with the coordination of project priorities within the project team and business representatives.
- Facilitated monthly lessons learned meetings with the team members and performed quality assurance reviews on project-related artifacts.
- Conducted analysis against application deficiencies and provided input to the business owners.
- Participated in creating a new 508 Checklist that incorporated the WCAG 2.0 standards for the 508 refresh that took place in January 2018
- Assisted with the creation and review of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for all testing activities.
- Composed, maintained, and executed test strategies, test plans, test scripts and backlog items for Section 508 Web Accessibility Testing in JIRA.
- Isolated, replicated and reported 508 compliance defects in JIRA.
- Entered test support documentation in Dropbox (i.e., Image and Checklist documents) aligned with issues logged in JIRA.
- Facilitated and collaborated 508 issues found with other testers to ensure uniformity in findings of DHS 508 standards.
- Developed test deliverables (Test Plan and Defect Report) for DHS Section 508 compliance testing for DHS Electronic Document Management System (EDMS) application.
- Captured requirements and performed IV&V Web Accessibility test activities to ensure the application met Section 508 specified compliance requirements.
- Developed presentations of findings for client for 508 reported issues.
- Developed and presented 508 test plans to test team and external customer
- Provided performance test support by reporting the issues of Section 508 compliance of the application to DHS management before implementation into production.
- Participated in daily sprint planning activities.
- Managed user stories and story points in JIRA to ensure acceptance criteria was testable and tracked.
- Performed smoke testing, functional testing, regression testing to ensure quality user experience for over thousands of end-users for retrieval of image file documents and metadata.
- Created and maintained test data as needed. Maintained records of test progress, documented test results, and test reports.
- Worked closely with the development team for defect analysis and resolution.
- Created initiatives to improve processes, tools, methodologies, and overall quality of the test environment.
- Selected to train in test automation using Selenium IDE HTML, XML and WebDriver framework.
- Managed change/release management activities for system upgrades/changes needed.
- Led and mentored QA team members.