- Sr QA Engineer with over 7+ years of experience in all phases of the software development Lifecycle including Design, Development, Testing and Implementation. Experience in working various domains Telecom, Retail, e - commerce across web and Mobile Platforms
- Experience working in various SDLC including Waterfall, Agile Scrum, Kanban, SAFe
- Experience in Testing Mobile applications across various platforms IOS, Android and XAP (windows)
- Expertise in testing different types of Mobile applications in Native, Hybrid and HTML5.
- Experienced with SOA, Web Services, SOAP, Soap UI, RESTFUL, WSDL technologies.
- Hand on experience in test and defect management tools such as ALM, Quality Center, TFS, Microsoft Test Manager (MTM), Team Foundation Server (TFS), SOAPUI and JIRA.
- Experience in test management and defect tracking tools like HP Quality Center, ALM, Jira.
- Good experience in the IBM Business Objects(BO) generated reports for the production information
- Experience in test tools like TFS, HP QC/ALM11, JIRA, Bugzilla, HP QTP/UFT, VB Scripting, Web services testing using SOAP UI, Charles Proxy.
- Good understanding of SOA requirements and SOA Reference Architecture with SOAP UI and Restful Services
- Tested Web Services, providing required input data to request XML and validated response XML
- Experience in finding performance bottlenecks, end-to-end performance, and web performance measures like server response time.
- Excellent working knowledge of designing and implementation of QA test strategy and Test plans manually and automated test solutions for client/server, ETL, SOA Process, ERP and Web applications.
- Experience in preparing Test data by retrieving data from Relational Databases Oracle, MS-SQL.
- Expertise in Analyzing JSON Data format and troubleshoot backend data issue
- Great experience in working Point of Sale (POS). Worked with various devices in various platforms.
- Worked Majorly MC 9090 Motorola POS Devices.
Operating Systems: Windows XP/7/8, Unix, IOS, Android.
Testing Tools: Zephyr, HP Quality Center, HP ALM, IBM (Rational) Test Manager, Rally
Languages: Java, SQL, HTML5, XML, Java Script, Python, VB Script, Visual source, safeDatabases Oracle 9, 10, 11, MS SQL Server, Sybase, and MS Access
Tools: SQL * Plus, Toad, Microsoft Office Suite, WS FTP Pro, Perfecto
App/Web Servers / ETL & other tools: HTML, XML, WebLogic Server, WebSphere, SoapUI, Web Services and Adobe Flex
POS QA Consultant
- Creating an elevated level and low-level Test scenario document based on POS Projects requirements.
- Reviewing the Test cases with POS product owner and ensuring the acceptance criteria met.
- Preparing test data like preparation for executing POS related UPCs, EAN13, Coupons, GS1, NSC5 barcodes, Bottle refund, coin star coupon, WIC items, modifying items detail, running promotions, price change, test debit/gift/credit cards, Loyalty cards, prescriptions, age limit items, various barcodes,
- Executing the created test cased from POS Front end/ service desk, POS department terminals and self-checkout terminals.
- Testing of EFT card transaction in POS by using Connex, Pathfinder and Astrex Tools for bank processor
- Selecting the POS terminals in the POS QA lab and installing the build to the identified store server
- Performed integration testing between different interface and module using SOAP UI and UNIX server.
- Tested Web API using SOAP UI
- Expert testing multiple API for multiple agency and file processing system using SOAP UI.
- Verifying POS Store configuration, Setting, Logs, connectivity of POS terminals after the build installed.
- Used Automation Test tool Tosca for future UFT code transfer
- Experienced on testing Mobile apps on IOS and Android Platform.
- Expertise in installing and working with Charles Proxy Debugging Tool .
- Pulled logs for user actions and analyzed them based on the Response type using Charles.
- Involved in Setting breakpoints, Re-write functionalities, Truncating with ellipses using Charles.
- Tested backend API calls Request and Response scenarios and performed required actions.
- Working with automation tools UFT and test management tool ALM
- For application testing in mobile we used IOS simulator for testing mobile application In IOS
- Good Experience on Mobile Native apps like Android, IOS (iPhone app) and Mobile web
- Performed manual testing for checking the functionality and executed the Test cases in HP ALM/ QC.
- Experienced using Android SDK bundle, Test Flight, X code to Install/uninstall and Debugging Mobile Applications.
- Executed test cases through ALM/Quality Center and reported defects in ALM/Quality Center.
- Developed and executed test cases test Scenarios and followed-up defects using ALM/Quality Center.
- Tracked defects using ALM/Quality Center.
- Used Jira, confluence to store test cases and upload the results back to Confluence.
- Interacted with the developers to report and using ALM/Quality Center.
- Tested the Business applications on Mobile web and native app both on Android and iOS real devices and emulators.
- Tested the application devices like iPhone/iPad/Samsung/LG.
- Experienced in Mobile testing for Mobile Web and Mobile App(Android & iOS) using Device Anywhere emulators on iOS& Android devices, worked on Cloud based device applications.
- Optimized test scripting for Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer browsers and conducted testing for iPad, iPhone, Samsung Galaxy Tab, and Windows Mobile devices.
- Technical experience in software product testing/debugging using QA tools for iOS/Android (Charles web proxy, Fiddler)
- Running an SQL query for validating different type of Electronic tender run on the POS terminal to verify the Payment Node's request and response for Normal sale/ return transactions.
- Involving the end to end verification of cashless transaction for bank settlement.
- Create Defects or bug and logging the defects in VSTS and TFS with POS logs like RTlog, Sales log, MSR log, EJ etc. to help the developer to find the root cause for the defect.
- Providing GO/No-GO for remaining of the production stores based on defects raised in pilot stores.
- Interacting with 3rd party vendors like VeriFone, Vantiv for AJBFIPAY, EMV test certification with ICC Vantiv Viable tool
- Reviewing the Production like data is replicated in POS QA lab
- Sending the WIC Refresh/reload Request for each WIC authority for the QA Lab stores.
- Maintaining the POS terminal like Production store in POS QA lab, changing the store configuration for upcoming new features
- After successful completion of testing, will demo the test result with POS SME and Business team.
- Once business/ Product owner approves the test result, will create a details test closure reports for production deployment.
- Work in Agile, scrum, and sprint environment in order to change the requirements and features set.
- Ran automated scripts for Maintenance and Regression testing using QTP/UFT.
- Responsibilities of checking of data in database by writing and executing SQL Statements and UAT on OPOS and VB POS.
- Functional testing on various POS Terminals
- Reviewed and analyzed Business Requirement Documentation (BRD) to gain understanding of POS implementation
- Automated test scenarios for GUI, Functionality and performed data driven testing on the application inserting different data in excel sheet using QTP/UFT
- Perform the automation testing Using Emulator.
- Support the SIT testing for Salesforce integration, with existing API integration and maintain JIRA for defect tracking.
- Created API XML Input files and compared with API XML output files using UNIX
- Created test scripts for the application which uses SOA, Web services, SOAP and WSDL.
- Worked on Ecommerce website
- Used JIRA bug tracking tool to analyze & capture bugs, track and manage dashboard any type of updates for project release.
- Prepared Test Data and executed Test Cases from HP Quality Center.
- Conducted Functionality testing during various phases of the application using QTP/UFT.
- Created and maintained test strategies, test plans, test cases, and product release reports for small projects or components of larger projects in Confluence, and Jira
- Prepared and Executed Test Cases for Functional and Integration testing.
- Involved in preparing Test Plans and Test Cases based on business requirements.
- Performed browser compatibility and configuration testing on various operating systems such as Blackberry OS, Android OS, iOS etc.
- Enhanced and modified the scripts according to the test case scenarios in QTP
- Worked with three mobile application simultaneously: iOS (iPhone & iPad) and Android
- Requested different versions of iOS, Android and Blackberry mobile devices
- Analyzed the Crash reports on various mobile platforms and reported to the development team
- Reviewed and updated Test Plans and Test Scenarios.
- Executed test cases and reported defects using Microsoft Visual Studio test manager
- Systems migration plans, and executing and evaluating test cases and procedures
- Participates in project requirements review and approval.
- Implemented and installed all the HP Tools including QTP, Security Center, and Agile
- Manages defect communication, remediation, and acceptance with business and development stakeholders.
- Used HP Quality Center bug tracking tool to report application bugs and enhancements request and discussed with developers to resolve technical issues Experienced in ATG, Commerce, POS, ATM Credit Debit e-commerce mPOS, OMS, order management system, WMS, warehouse management system, cart Merchandizing PCI EMV PINPAD Supply Chain Logistics SEO
- Wrote and executed test cases both manually and using Automation tool QTP
- Managing the Change Requests and verifying in the Microsoft Test Manager
- Responsible for documenting Log defects and working with development team to resolve issues.
- Performed end-to-end testing, Integration Testing, and UAT Testing.
- Coordinated User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with the UAT group to ensure the correct business logic.
- Investigated software bugs and interacted with Dev team to resolve bug issues using MTM
- Effectively involve in logging bugs, reviewing solved bugs and analyzing test result using MTM
- Import test cases from excel/word to Microsoft Visual Studio Test Manager
Environment: QTP/UFT, Quality Center (QC), Mainframe, HP/ALM, IBM DB2, Emulator, Jira, TFS (Team Foundation Server), MTM, Visual Studio Test Manager, Mobile Devices for IOS, Android OS and, Blackberry OS
Software Test Engineer
- Worked as part of Confidential Kinko's Technology Quality Assurance team
- Worked as part of Confidential Kinko's Center Retail systems including Order to Pay and Express Pay
- Re - Imaged and tested the DPW systems as Central Processing Centers, Service and Graphic Centers and Main Service Centers.
- Updated the test cases using TFS which acted as repository.
- Validated the ETL Scripts in the Target Database (Oracle) for creating the cube before migrating it to SQL Server.
- Validated the front end reporting components created using OBIEE Reports as well as performed back end testing, making sure that the correct data for a specific report are being pulled out from the Data Warehouse.
- Creating and maintaining repositories, source systems, target databases and developing strategies for ETL mechanisms using Ab Initio.
- Tested XML files using SOAP
- Used SOAP UI tool to test SOA based application to test SOAP services and REST API
- Experience in Maintaining Reference Data Management System and Master Data Management System with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Did testing on ETL Informatica process for various data loading scenarios.
- Worked with the project team to determining defects using the Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Worked with ETL group for understating mappings for dimensions and facts
- Reported the bugs through email notifications to developers using TFS
- Confidential Ecommerce systems, including File Print Confidential DocStore, Print To Kinko's, Web Order and email.
- Re configured Printer settings and setting up of Hardware connections.
- Analyzed Technical Specification, business specification and created also validated Test plan and Test cases in Quality Center.
- Executed the test cases manually and automated as needed.
- Performed Functional, Integration, and system testing for different releases.
- Performed Manual Testing and Automation Testing using QC and QTP.
- Used Quality Center to define requirements, design test steps, run as test set, report, track and close bugs.
Environment: TFS, MTM, VSTS, Quality Center/ALM, QTP/UFT, UNIX, Windows, .Net, Java, Oce 6250, IE6 and IE7.
- Worked in Agile environment and attended daily scrum meetings, walk through meetings.
- Automate test cases for regression testing using Page Object Model and Data Driven Framework.
- Develop test scenarios and detailed test cases for functionality and regression testing and preparing test data in JSON format.
- Identify and report software defects in Rally. Follow up with known problems until satisfactory resolution.
- Performed Automation & Manual test by ALM, UFT or QTP, Jira, Data base tools(SQL, Oracle, Oracle server 2008,Toad,Putty
- Used ALM sync method to run script from MTM terminal to UFT terminal
- Performed all phases of end-to-end testing which includes Functionality testing, Regression Testing, GUI testing, boundary testing, negative testing, system testing of the Application, its interfaces and Client-Server Utilities. Performed browser (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari) and platform (Windows 7/Vista/ XP) compatibility testing in virtual machine environment.
- Performed mobile automation testing on Apple and Android devices using Perfecto Mobile Cloud web based Software as a Service (SaaS) platform
- Participate in code reviews and agile development cycles.
- Maintained the code repository using GIT Stash for keeping codebase in sync with other phases of projects running simultaneously.
- Identified and isolated software defects and reported them via Rally and QC.