- In 6+ years of working as a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) I have acquired expertise in implementing the following Software Testing strategies and tools:
- Manual and Automation Testing.
- UI Testing, Functional Testing, Smoke, Regression, Database Testing, API Testing, Mobile Testing.
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Test Life Cycle, Defect Life Cycle.
- Waterfall and Agile/Scrum methodologies, key practices and ceremonies: Sprint Planning Meeting, Grooming, Daily Stand - up meeting, Sprint Review, Sprint Demos, Retrospective Meeting.
- Test Automation using Java, Maven, Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, Gherkin, JUnit, TestNG.
- Java programming language and Object Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) for Test Automation.
- Creating Hybrid frameworks for Behavioral Driven Development (BDD) and Data Driven Testing (DDT) with Cucumber and Gherkin language.
- Perform Cross Browser and cross platform Testing using Positive and Negative Testing approaches.
- Using various IDE: IntelliJ, Eclipse, PyCharm, Jupyter NoteBook.
- Mobile Testing with Appium and Android Studio.
- Jira and Slack for project management and communication.
- Git/GitHub, BitBucket for version control.
- Using Maven build automation tool and configuring pom.xml for testing projects.
- SQL, database management and integration with Java and JDBC.
- REST API Testing using Postman and REST Assured Library with Java.
- Collaborating with DevOps team to configure and Schedule Smoke and Regression Tests using Jenkins.
- Designing and executing Test Scenarios and Test Cases in Cucumber BDD framework using Gherkin language.
- Tracking bugs and defects using Jira with Xray plugin.
- Developing and implementing custom utilities and Page Object Model (POM) for a framework.
- Conducting Data Driven Tests using Apache POI.
- Generating Extent-Reports, HTML reports and Cucumber JSON reports.
- Analyzing and implementing strategies for testing Web-based applications.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills
Automation Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, Maven, Jenkins, JUnit, TestNG, AssertJ, Hamcrest, Selenium Grid, REST Assured, Appium, Android Studio.
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, JIRA-Xray
Version control: Git/GitHub, Bitbucket
RDBMS: Oracle Database, MySQL, JDBC
Build Management Tool: Maven, Ant
API Testing: REST Assured, Postman
IDE: IntelliJ, Eclipse, PyCharm, Jupyter Notebook
AWS: Work knowledge of EC2 instances
OS: Linux, Mac, Windows
Confidential, Washington, DCSoftware Development Engineer in Test
- Design and implement automated functional tests and automated UI tests.
- Review product requirements and functional specifications to develop Test Cases and perform Automation Testing.
- Execute manual and automated tests in compliance with a test plan.
- Participate in code and test plan reviews with QA and Development teams.
- Participate in Scrum ceremonies: Sprint Planning Grooming, Demo, Sprint Retrospective and daily stand-ups.
- Responsible for maintaining and debugging automated smoke and regression suits.
- Create new test cases for newly implemented features based on acceptance criteria using Cucumber and Gherkin.
- Build and maintain BDD automation framework with Cucumber, Selenium, JUnit, REST Assured.
- Design feature files written in Gherkin language.
- Perform Database data verification and API testing using REST Assured library.
- Use Java with JDBC for database integration.
- Use Postman to perform manual API testing and creating requests for further API Testing.
- Use REST Assured library and POJO model to perform Deserialization and Serialization of test data.
- Validate test results with REST Assured library, JUnit, AssertJ and Hamcrest matchers.
- Perform manual testing of GUI.
- Use Jenkins for CI/CD automation, analyzing logs and creating reports.
- Verify and report issues and monitor results of automated test executions.
- Prepare and present progress reports, metrics and analysis.
Tools: Used: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Maven, JUnit, AssertJ, Cucumber, Gherkin, SQL, JDBC, Postman, REST Assured, Jenkins.
Confidential, Arlington, VASoftware Development Engineer in Test
- Developed Test case documentation, created test.
- Participated in Agile/Scrum ceremonies.
- Executed test cases in QA and Staging environments.
- Configured DDT frameworks with Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Apache POI.
- Used Selenium WebDriver to test front-end of web applications.
- Used Selenium Grid to run parallel testing.
- Designed and executed test cases in accordance with test plans.
- Completed data retrieval from database using SQL queries.
- Performed Smoke and Regression Testing using Jenkins.
- Performed manual and automated API testing using Postman and REST Assured.
- Used Jira for project management and bug tracking.
Tools: Used: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Maven, JUnit, SQL, JDBC, Postman, REST Assured, Jenkins
Confidential, RESTON, VASoftware Development Engineer in Test
- Developed test documentation and created project status reports
- Engaged in daily Agile/Scrum ceremonies
- Designed and ran test cases
- Contributed to Selenium framework development
- Implemented parallel testing using Selenium Grid
- Used Selenium WebDriver to test Web based application
- Used SQL queries to retrieve data from database
- Utilized Jenkins for running Smoke and Regression tests
- Performed API testing using Postman
Tools: Used: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Maven, JUnit SQL, JDBC, Postman, Jenkins