Analytical and results - driven mortgage professional with over 10 years of extensive leadership, underwriting, and credit risk management experience. Collaborative problem solver that leverages internal and external stakeholder relationships to mitigate risk, drive process improvement, and outperform productivity targets and revenue goals.
Leadership and Management Staff Training and Development Mortgage Underwriting Quality Control and Due Diligence Credit and Financial Analysis Risk Management Conventional, FHA, and VA Lending Correspondent Lending Capital Markets Transaction Management Vendor Management Project Planning Policy Development Process Improvement Workflow Mapping Technical Writing
Office Applications: Advanced level Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
Other Systems and Applications: Fannie Mae DU, Freddie Mac LP, FHA and VA Connection, Ellie Mae Encompass, MSP, LIS, Salesforce
Credit Risk Manager, AVP
- Hire, recruit, train, and set performance goals. Minimize loss by monitoring individual counterparty performance associated with initial account approval, annual recertification, and applicable mergers and acquisitions, as well as the overall effectiveness of the quality control and due diligence program and repurchase and risk control process.
- Perform detailed underwriting analysis on purchased loans relating to approval requests for exceptions to credit policy, loan delinquencies, and repurchase demands.
- Develop and maintain both automated and Excel based reporting to assess portfolio performance and risk trends.
- Analyze current processes and develop improvement plans to gain efficiency and eliminate process waste by working with business partners and IT on automation solutions and workflow management.
- Spearheaded the creation and ongoing development of company-wide credit policy, departmental procedures, and various correspondent selling guides
- Collaborated across the organization to increase monthly production from $250MM to $3B though project planning, enhancements to credit policy, and implementation of new production channels, specifically entrance into the GNMA PIIT program, Non-QM platform, and partnerships with the Federal Home Loan Banks.
- Lead the development and administration of the quality control program across multiple production platforms, while overseeing program maintenance through an additional $2.75B in monthly pipeline growth.
- Identified a key process gap and implemented a new EPD monitoring policy which accounted for an average of $30K in lost monthly revenue.
Quality Assurance Analyst
- Completed monthly vendor audits to ensure compliance with company requirements and agency/government regulations.
- Identified areas of potential risk and coordinated with various levels of management to develop internal controls.
- Collaborated with management to develop and implement new audit tests.
- Reviewed and performed cash flow analysis of financial documents, completed in-depth collateral reviews, and analyzed credit reports and applicable ratios to evaluate potential risk and make appropriate credit decisions while maintaining compliance with established underwriting guidelines and regulatory requirements.
- Handled team pipeline reporting to ensure loans were worked within SLA by analyzing individual capacity and redistributing loans based on daily workload.
- Facilitated team meetings and worked with lending managers and lending officers to ensure site compliance with policy and guideline updates.
- Completed 2nd level reviews for tracking exceptions and rush/escalation requests.
- Selected for and completed the Wells Fargo Leadership Development Program.
- Chosen to facilitate classroom and individual trainings to mentor and drive success for less seasoned team members
- Maintained high quality standards with zero material or moderate quality errors, Early Payment Defaults, or investor audits since hire, combined with consistently achieving top tier production.
- Drove mortgage origination activities in compliance with quality standards and regulatory requirements.
- Analyzed customer data from highly complex tax returns, credit reports, bank statements, and other income/asset documents.
- Worked closely with executive-level management and collaborated with various areas to develop and implement credit and compliance policies.
- Maintained responsibility of the Confidential Escalation e-mail box and completed or oversaw the delegation of tasks.
- Trained new hires and coached seasoned employees across multiple site locations.
- 2011 recipient of the company-wide Credit Quality Performance award for top loan quality across all underwriting divisions.
- Ranked in top 5% of underwriting quality and production.
- Appointed to direct a project group responsible for writing and implementing standard income calculation procedures across the organization.