Desire to be a part of vibrant and leading organization and create footprints as Project Manager/Software Test Manager. Assist organization in all aspects by utilizing all my skills, knowledge, abilities and experience with a balance of hands - on, management and leadership responsibilities
- Project Manager/Test Manager with 8+ years of experience, managing 10+ software test engineers (onsite and nearshore, offshore) supporting Smart Grid Metering projects for Utilities industry.
- As test engineer, experience testing smart metering products(AMI), In Home Devices and Server Storage controllers.
- Manage onsite and offshore software test projects - 8+ years of experience
- Experience working in Agile and Waterfall environments
- Gather and analyze Requirements
- Project Plan creation for product test
- Test Plan Creation
- Test Lab Management
- Develop and execute test strategies(priority)
- Work closely with Product Development, Project Management and Release Management
- Manage stakeholder expectations
- Conduct Agile Ceremonies and attain Project Meetings
- Hands on product test experience
- Provide Technical direction/guidance
- Lead diverse teams for
- Functional Test
- System Test (end-to-end)
- Staff Management and Problem solving
- Establish and ensure to meet Test Department goals
- Setup individual KPI for team members
- Test engineers Performance Review
- Lead and motivate team members
- Setup Team Building Events
- Key contributor in test staff Hiring and Releasing decision
- Technical/QA lead and Sr. Test Engineer - 10+ years of experience
- Acquire Test Requirements
- Generate Test Plan with test duration
- Test Cases creation and test prioritization
- Test lab setups
- Test case review with developers
- Test execution and Bug/Defect findings
- Bug reporting with necessary logs
- Help development in defect recreation
- Generate and provide test status as defined by organization
- Participate in new candidate interviews and provide input in hiring process
Software Test Manager
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
- Feature Test, Functional Test, System Test (end-to-end) and Automated Regression
- Responsible for creating detailed project plans and work breakdown structure plans to illustrate resource allocation and scheduling tasks using Agile tool
- Attain meetings with upper management to communicate accomplishments, plans and any issues/risks with mitigation options
- Monitor test activities and mentor test team
- Spending ~30% of time in product test described in ‘Sr. Software Test Engineer’ experience
- Improvements and changes
- Adapted Agile process as suggested by organization and established Agile process in test environment. (Agile Tools used - Rally and Jira)
- Established cross-functional team environment to better utilize time resource
- Lead Test Automation Project/Team and established automated regression (using Sahi Automation Tool) for quick and effective test with same number of human resources
- Setup continuous regression (setup in Jenkins) to identify and retest fixed issues early on
- Setup real time project status and improved reporting for Product Management and upstream management
- New Test Resource trainings
Environment: Rally, Jira, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office, Sahi (automation tool), Jenkins, SoapUI, Subversion, ClearDDTS, Elster in-house ticket tool, C/C++, Java, Tomcat, Sencha, Flex, XML, Oracle, Oracle SQL Developer Client, Lotus Notes, WAN, LAN, NAN, TCP/IP, IPv4, IPv6, C12.18, C12.21, C12.22, ZigBee, Microsoft Windows, Red Hat-Linux
Software Test Manager
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
- Product Solution installation, test and identify/retest fixed issues.
- Client-Server web app with OpenVPN, installed on multiple OS (Windows and Linux) supporting Demand Response and Street Light Solutions
- Networks - WAN, LAN, NAN
- Multiple utilities devices
- Smart Electric meter in WAN network and Mesh network (IPv6 and 900 MHz)
- Battery Powered Gas and Water devices in 900 MHz mesh network
- Street Light devices in 900 MHz mesh network
- In-Home-Devices in ZigBee and 900 MHz mesh network
- Test Lab setup activities
- Setup supported devices
- Device FW upgrades - manual and OTA (Over the air)
- Modify device configurations using proprietary Meter Tools
- Test functions (listed few) - using Graphical User Interface (GUI), Web Services (SoapUI) and MultiSpeak APIs
- Meter reads for Billing - Register, Interval Profile etc.
- Voltage Monitoring
- WAN/LAN/NAN Security
- Demand Limiting
- Street Light - On/Off/Dim
- Demand Response - Pricing, Load Control and Messaging
Environment: Microsoft Office, Subversion, ClearDDTS, Elster in-house ticket tool, C/C++, Java, C-Sharp, Tomcat, Sencha, Flex, XML, Oracle, Oracle SQL Developer Client, Lotus Notes, WAN, LAN, NAN, TCP/IP, IPv4, C12.18, C12.21, C12.22, ZigBee, Microsoft Windows
Sr. QA Engineer/Team Lead
Confidential, Durham, NC
- Performing Lead position for RAID SAS, RAID Cluster and Confidential ServerProven for Confidential controller projects.
- Responsible for testing of iSCSI, Confidential RAID/SCSI, SAS (Serial Attached SCSI) and SATA adapters on Confidential ’s BladeCenter, x-Series Servers, e-Business and non-OEM Servers.
- Performing various RAID level testing - Raid-0, Raid-1, Raid-1E, Raid-5, Raid-5E, Raid-5EE, Raid-6, Raid-00, Raid-10, Raid-1E0, Raid-50, Raid-60 etc. on various Operating Systems.
- Perform Command Line Utility tests for various RAID/SCSI controllers on different Operating Systems.
- Responsible of testing SCSI-RAID CLUSTER for Confidential RAID/SCSI adapters on Confidential ’s Netfinity Servers, x-Series Servers and e-Business Servers for Microsoft Windows 2003, Windows 2000.
- Responsible for developing and implementing Test-Cases for Cluster testing.
- Making sure for corrective function of RAID/SCSI adapter BIOS/Firmware, Driver, related GUI application and Command line utility functions during failover in cluster environment.
- Design Server/Client network for WHQL Cluster HCT test using Domain Controller, Cluster nodes, Client Master and clients and configure DNS, WINS etc.
- Performing WHQL HCT tests for cluster and other cluster related utility and applications.
- Find and open defects against BIOS/Firmware, Driver, related GUI application, Command line utilities, RAID and Cluster functionalities.
- Analyzing and debugging software and hardware logs to find cause of defects and help developers.
Environment: C/C++, Java, XML, ClearDDTS, TCP/IP, IPv4, Microsoft Windows, Lotus Notes, VMWare, VMware ESX-Server and VMware VirtualCenter, Microsoft Cluster, Confidential Cluster Solution and Confidential Cluster Solution
Software Test Engineer
Confidential, Durham, NC
- Responsible for testing of Beta software on Confidential ’s Netfinity Servers, x-Series Servers and e-Business Servers.
- Confidential server testing including the full spectrum of servers offered by Confidential currently and historically.
- Complete testing for compatibility and functionality of Confidential and other manufacturer hardware includes RAID Adapter, SCSI Adapter, Advanced System Management Processor controller, Network Interface Cards (Fiber-channel, Token-ring, and Ethernet), Back-up Device etc. across Confidential Servers.
- Testing of latest developed BIOS/Firmware, Diagnostics and Device Driver for Confidential hardware and peripherals.
- Testing of different Network Operation Systems on Confidential servers with various types of hardware and configurations and reporting defects against hardware or software.
- Network Operation System to install and test on Servers: Windows NT Server4.0, Windows NT Enterprise4.0, Windows 2000 Server, Windows Advanced Server, Novell Netware 5.11, SCO/Caldera UNIX, Linux - RedHat 6.2, Red Hat 7.1, Red Hat 7.2, SuSE 7.2, SuSE 7.3.
- Finding and reporting Defects for Hardware and/or Software and keep track in database.
- Developing Test-cases and Test-plans in Lotus Notes.
- Special Projects Include: Lab Network configuration with minimal Fiber Network configuration to test machine setup and configuration (Windows 95, Windows 98, and Windows 2000 Professional) for network hardware verification.
Environment: ClearDDTS, TCP/IP, IPv4, Microsoft Windows, Red Hat-Linux, SuSE-Linux, Novell Netware, UNIX, OS2, Lotus Notes
Confidential, Durham, NC
- Working in group environment as Computer Lead. Tech., in charge of support team.
- Assembling, Configuration, Testing and Troubleshooting of Confidential Netfinity Servers (Installing and testing memory, RAID, SCSI, Video cards & other peripherals including Device drivers).
- Assembly and Configuration of Netfinity Server Racks (Incl. Cabling and Installation of Servers).
- Assembling and Testing RAID ARRAY boxes.
- Configuration and Operation of Cisco switches, routers & hubs.
- Configuration of Confidential ThinkPad’s and Desktops.
- Extensive involvement in the development of a major Client process. Process involved the configuration of hardware and satellite/network download of customer software.
- Responsible for correctly installation and testing of the software on Confidential Server, Lap-top and Desk-top computers.
- Imaging software Windows 98, Windows NT, WorkStation, Windows 2000, MS Office etc. with Multicasting Technology.
- Working on RIIS (Real Time Interactive System) Program to know the Status and Updating RIIS orders in the system.
- Performing FTV (Final Verification Test) includes out of box quality check/inspection of finished products to guarantee customer expectations.