- Over 5 years of experience as Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer in executing web - based applications and client server applications on different platforms using different Automation Tools.
- Experience in all phases of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Bug life Cycle and Methods like Waterfall and Agile.
- Good experience in creating automation framework along with developing, executing and maintaining automation testing script with Selenium WebDriver.
- Extensive knowledge creating automation scripts using Selenium WebDriver and TestNG/JUnit in Java.
- Expert in build and maven dependencies using Maven build tool.
- Work experience in integrating Automation scripts on Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Strong experience in Test planning, Test design, Test Status Reports, Execution and Defect management.
- Experience in User Acceptance Testing, Unit Testing, System, Integration, Smoke, Functional, Back-end, GUI Testing, Regression and Performance testing.
- Experience in Business Functionality Testing, User Interface testing, Unit testing, Integration Testing, Black Box Testing, End-to-end Testing and Manual Testing, UAT Testing, Regression Testing, Performance Testing, documentation and Reporting.
- Excellent knowledge in writing unique XPath using firebug and fire path to identify web elements.
- Experience with Mobile App and Hybrid App testing in both IOS and Android.
- Good experience in Web Services testing using SOAP UI/Postman, XML, & WSDL.
- Providing required input data to request XML & get the required data from response XML and use the response data from other request XML using SOAP UI/Postman.
- Strong knowledge and experience using JIRA, Quality Center and HP ALM for defect and sprint management.
- Experience in Backend Testing with SQL Queries on Oracle and SQL Server for data verification and compare expected results with database.
- Experience with Visual Source Safe and Microsoft Office tools (Ms-Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access).
- Strong Knowledge and experience of Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team player with an analytical bent to problem solving and delivering under high stress environment.
Languages: Java, SQL
Testing Tools: Selenium IDE/WebDriver/RC/Grid
CI/BDD Tool: Jenkins, Cucumber
Test Frameworks: Junit, TestNG
Web Services: SOAP UI, Postman, RestFull
Defect Tracking Tools: Quality Center, HP ALM, Jira.
Web Tools: XPath, Firepath, Firebug
Build Tools: Ant/Maven.
Data Bases: Oracle, My SQL.
Operating System: Windows Variants, UNIX.
Test Automation Engineer
- Involved in analyzing Business Requirement Documents and Technical Specification document and developed test plan and test cases for testing the application.
- Implemented Page Object Model Automation framework with Java, Selenium WebDriver.
- Implement Selenium Page Object Model framework with Selenium WebDriver using Object Oriented Programming Java and open source test framework TestNG.
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse, IDE and TestNG framework.
- Performed Data driven testing using Selenium Web driver and TestNG functions which reads data from property and XML files.
- Integrated the scripts and executed them as a suite using the build integration tool Maven. Executed Maven targets to execute automation suites from command line.
- Worked on Behavior Driven Development (BDD) using Cucumber features, scenarios and Step definitions in Gherkins format. Prioritized the execution of scenarios using Cucumber tags in Runner class.
- Created XML based test suit and integrated with Jenkins Server to execute automation scripts on a regular basis by scheduling Jenkins jobs in different test environments with different test configurations.
- Designed and Developed UAT Regression automation script and Automation of functional testing framework for all modules using Selenium and WebDriver.
- Involved in functional testing, black-box testing, grey-box testing, positive/negative testing, compatibility testing.
- Developed Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) to ensure appropriate level of test coverage.
- Identified correct UI elements using various Selenium Locators, XPath and CSS to find the Web Elements using Selenium and creating automation scripts.
- Involved in testing Web services (SOAP and REST) and XML with Postman for the local WSDL / with URL and created Test cases, run them, do load testing, security testing.
- Involved in RESTFul Web Services testing using Postman and RestAssured.
- Created Selenium web-driver automation scripts using Python to validate functionality on various browsers.
- Create scripts Python for new functionalities and update the existing scripts for upgraded functionalities.
- Automated different workflows, which are initiated manually with Python scripts and Unix shell scripting.
- Worked with different versions of Appium to perform regression testing in parallel on multiple platforms like Android and iOS .
- Used HP ALM for bug tracking and reporting, also followed up with development team to verify bug fixes, and update bug status.
- Performed Back end testing using SQL queries to make sure that data entered has been uploaded correctly into the database tables.
- Worked in Agile Scrum Development Environment with frequently changing requirements and features set.
- Participated in Stand-up meeting, walkthrough meeting, weekly automation meeting with all other QA, weekly assessment meetings with business analysts and developers.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven, Cucumber, Eclipse, Appium, Jenkins, Python, Postman, XPath, CSS, XML, WSDL, URL, SOAP, RESTFul, HP ALM, Agile, IOS, Android, Windows and UNIX.
Confidential, Detroit, MI
Test Automation Engineer
- Analyzed business requirements, Functional Specifications and Use Cases, prepared Test Strategy and Test plan.
- Created and enhanced numerous test scripts to handle changes in the objects, in the tested application's GUI and in the testing environment using Selenium WebDriver.
- Develop and implement robust MVC Pattern based Keyword Driven, Selenium Page Object Model Framework with Selenium WebDriver using Object Oriented Programing Java and open source unit test framework TestNG which cut down the script development time in half.
- Used TestNG Annotations in Selenium WebDriver and executed a batch of tests as TestNG suite.
- Extended TestNG framework by adding some helper attributes and methods.
- Used Maven to build and run the Selenium automation framework. After execution of script is done, framework used to send the automation reports over email.
- Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environment as part of Continuous Integration Process using Selenium and Jenkins.
- Involved in GUI testing, integration testing, navigation testing and regression testing using web and client-server applications.
- Used the Firebug to inspect the XPath of the web elements and Eclipse IDE for Java development.
- Involved in testing of web application by creating XML test suite.
- Developed Automation test scripts for REST services using Postman.
- Used Postman tool to test SOAP services of Service-oriented architecture (SOA) application.
- For application testing in mobile we used IOS simulator for testing mobile application in IOS .
- Used Python scripts to update content in the database and manipulate files.
- Developed automation scripts to test storage appliances in Python .
- Executed the test scripts and analyzed the results and report the bugs in the Quality Center tool. Created user stories, test cases, tracking defects using Quality Center .
- Verified SQL queries against back end database to ensure test codes retrieve the right data on testing.
- Performed Scrum (Agile) methodology for testing the application.
- Coordinated with upper management daily regarding status on the execution of Test Cases (How many Test Cases failed/pass, status of the site).
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven, Eclipse, Jenkins, Postman, Python, Firebug, XPath, XML, REST, Postman, SOAP, Quality Center, SQL, Agile, IOS, Windows and UNIX.
Automation Engineer (QA)
- Responsible for analyzing business, functional and IT requirement documents and prepare complete Test Plans including system test plan, integration test plan, QA project plans and resource planning and allocation.
- Involved in defining test automation strategy and test scenarios, created automated test cases, test plans and executed tests using Selenium WebDriver.
- Automated Smoke & Functional test cases using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG & Java (Eclipse IDE).
- Designed automated tests, created automated test cases, test plans and executed tests using Selenium.
- Used Selenium Grid to test the compatibility of the tests across multiple servers to save time.
- Worked on developing the automation scripts using Selenium WebDriver.
- Involved in designing and testing an analysis using Java.
- Developed Selenium test scripts for identified test cases by using data driven, keyboard driven and hybrid framework.
- Developed test plans, test cases, and test data for testing the functionality, GUI, usability, user acceptance tests with both Positive and Negative Scenarios, especially focused on logical scenarios of the application.
- Worked on White-Box server-side System level test cases.
- Performed Data Driven Testing of the web service using Data Source and Data Loop.
- Performed Assertions like Schema Compliance, XPath and SOAP responses.
- Involved in QA team meetings and gave updates to the QA lead/Project Manager on a weekly basis.
- Involved in project meetings to meet project deliverables and goals.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, JUnit, ANT, XPath, SOAP UI, Jira, SQL and Windows.
Confidential - Atlanta, GA
- Analyzed functional requirements and documented the user specifications and business rules.
- Gather the relevant test data necessary for the test scripts, based on the Transactions, Test Conditions documents and updated in the property files.
- Identified test cases to automate. Automate those test cases using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Java (Eclipse IDE). Contributed in framework creation.
- Used Selenium WebDriver and TestNG to run the parallel testing.
- Created the tests that have no user interaction as a set and executed them as Batch tests using Maven.
- Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environment as part of Continuous Integration Process using Selenium Grid and Jenkins.
- Involved in Hybrid (Keyword & data) driven framework design using Selenium WebDriver.
- Extensively used Selenium IDE to record, playback and debug individual test cases, using Selenium WebDriver provided more flexibility in automating test cases.
- Develop, maintain test automation framework using Selenium to test Web Application.
- Involved in System testing, Functional testing, Regression testing and Smoke testing.
- Participated in the System Test Plan reviews, Test Scenarios, Test Cases Review and modified the documents with respect to the review comments.
- Involved in testing of web applications and Web Services and xml data validation of business rules and business logic and used SOAP UI Used XPath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Created SOAP UI projects for testing the integration of SOA Broker with the Federated Security component on Windows and UNIX platforms.
- Prepared Test Plan and wrote Test Cases and executed test scripts as well as tracked bugs and generated defect report using Quality Center.
- Conducted backend testing using SQL queries to validate data for database and Used SQL queries for retrieving data from database for executing user specific test cases.
- Successfully Completed User Acceptance Testing (UAT) on each release of the project with the help of end user requirements.
- Closely involved with development team, maintenance team and business team regarding changing requirements, builds and releases.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven, Cucumber, Jenkins, Soap UI, Eclipse, XPath, Jira, DOM, SQL, UNIX and Windows.