- Over 6+ years of experience in Information Technology, specializing in Software Quality Assurance Testing .
- Successfully developed and executed test plans, procedures, use cases and test scripts, and provided in - depth analysis to create and rollout new software.
- Proficient in testing on Client/Server and Web-based applications and good experience on Java.
- Extensive working experience on all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), its methodologies such as Agile, SCRUM.
- Well versed with various testing phases, testing types, testing techniques, and quality work products.
- Sound knowledge on Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) concepts.
- Extensively experienced in using Java for test case automation.
- Good Knowledge in implementing TDD and BDD.
- Well versed in different management scenarios like Change Control, Quality Assurance, Defect Tracking, System Integration, and Task Scheduling.
- Professional expertise in Smoke Testing, Backed end Testing, Black-Box Testing, Functional Testing, Regression Testing, Ad-hoc Testing, Cross-Browser/ Cross-Platform Testing.
- Good Knowledge in performing defect tracking & management in JIRA.
- Executing Test cases, ad-hoc product testing, reporting bugs, reporting tester status, writing test scripts .
- Experienced in Linux operating systems and commands.
- Proficient in executing complex SQL queries for database validation.
- Experienced in automation testing using selenium WebDriver, TestNG, JUnit.
- Experienced in creating the Architecture design and Automation Framework, which involves Test Data and Reusable Function library using Selenium for web applications.
- Experienced in regression testing using Selenium Webdriver for different builds to satisfy changes in requirements and to verify its effect on other modules.
- Hands-on experience in developing Automation Scripts, Execution, and Analysis Test Results using Data-Driven Framework using Selenium Webdriver and Maven build tools.
- Knowledge of REST-based web services, Postman and JMeter.
- Ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally as part of a team as well as independently.
- Actively participate in Scrum meetings, review, and develop test scenarios.
- Extensively experienced in Agile based environments.
- Experienced in coordination between Onsite and Offshore team.
- Manage project activities related to billing and timesheets.
- Good analytical and communication skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also perform as part of a team.
Testing Software: Selenium WebDriver, Rest Assured, Postman, JMeter, JIRA
Languages: JavaIDE: IntelliJ IDEA, Eclipse
Database: MySQL, Postgresql, Oracle
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux/Unix
Build Tool: Maven
Verson Control Systems: Git
Continuous Integration: Jenkins
Testing Frameworks: TestNG, JUnit
Automation Frameworks: Cucumber JVM, Data-Driven
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
Software QA Automation Engineer
- Involved in test cases reviewed by the development team, product management, and modified the test cases based on their feedback.
- Drafted Test Plan which included testing objectives, testing phases, scenarios, and test environment after a thorough analysis of the business rules.
- Improved the documentation of QA testing practices to enhance their repeatability, saving time and money and encouraging testing standardization and best practices.
- Coordinated with technical support associates to fix proprietary software issues.
- Verified, edited, and updated test data in new or existing systems before testing.
- Used JIRA for bug tracking, issue tracking, and project management.
- Involved in reporting, tracking, and providing updates on resolved defects and logging in JIRA.
- Prepared and executed SQL scripts for testing various functionalities of the application.
- Developed automated test scripts in Java using Selenium Webdriver, TestNG, Maven.
- Integrated with continuous integration tool Jenkins for running tests on a regular basis.
- Performed cross-browser testing in selenium WebDriver using TestNG parameters.
- Developed and enhanced web automation framework using Java as programming language, Selenium WebDriver, maven build tool and TestN G as testing framework.
- Used Postman, JMeter, and Rest Assured fo r REST API.
- Involved in validating the API with Postman tools and creating the Continuous Integration mechanism.
- Developed and reviewed test scripts, coded in Java for automation test scenarios, and Parameterization of test cases.
- Prepared a detailed test schedule and test metrics on a weekly basis to know the status of the application.
Confidential, New York, NY
QA Automation Engineer
- Gathered require d documents such as business requirements and design documents and other related documents.
- Reviewed the Test Basis, designed and documented Test Strategies, Test Plan, Test Cases, and Executed Test Cases.
- Manually tested, verified, and validated that the product meets user requirements.
- Involved in testing the application utilizing the Scrum (Agile) methodology.
- Involved in the execution of all types of system testing including Integration, Regression, Functional testing.
- Identified, Reported, and Tracked Defects using the JIRA test management tool.
- Developed and executed SQL queries to verify the proper insertion, deletion, and updates into the MySQL database.
- Performed End-to-End testing of the database to check data integrity using SQL queries.
- Responsible for writing and maintaining Selenium WebDriver scripts for regression and functional testing using a data-driven framework.
- Proficient experience in cross-browser and cross-platform testing using BrowserStack.
- Setup the Automation framework using Selenium to run test cases in multiple browsers and platforms
- Experienced in designing and implementation of Selenium WebDriver automation framework for smoke and regression test suites (TestNG and Maven).
- Performed application testing utilizing the Scrum (Agile) methodology.
- Involved in designing of automation framework to be used in UI testing with Selenium.
- Tested Web Services using Postman and JMeter.
- Created test scripts to test REST API functionality for the regression setup.
- Performed functional tests using Selenium WebDriver with a data-driven framework and documented final results in a database.
- Maintained Metrics and participated in the Weekly Status Updates showing the progress of the testing effort and open issues to be resolved.
Confidential, Rocky Hill, CT
- Analyzed business requirements, documented business requirements specifications, wrote Test Plans, and Test Cases.
- Maintain cooperative relationships with developers and communicate with both technical and nontechnical stakeholders (e.g. doctors, healthcare admin staff).
- Recognized for developing excellent test plans/scripts and rapidly discovering defects.
- Contributed to high-reliability technology releases as a result of thorough testing that helped maintain system highly secure and confidential
- Assigned, Monitored, and Tracked Tasks of Team Members.
- Updated Test Plans and Test Cases periodically to manage changes in requirements.
- Reported the defects through JIRA and tracked them on a daily basis.
- Wrote SQL queries to test the oracle database and validate the data integrity.
- Created a regression test plan and procedures for different interfaces to test complete (web and client/server) applications with huge test data.
- Extended the TestNG framework by adding some helper classes and methods.
- Used Java with a TestNG framework for automating scripts.
- Developed test scripts to automate the process of testing in Selenium.
- Determine what should be automated and what test data needs to be set up.
- Performed Integration and Regression testing to check the compatibility of new functionality with the existing functionalities.
Environment: Java, Selenium, TestNG, Junit, Maven, GIT, AWS, S3, EC2, REST API, SQL Server, Jira, XML, Windows, Apache, Jenkins, IE, Firefox, Chrome, Linux.