- Senior Quality Assurance Manual Tester, with success leading critical testing for enterprise programs. Strong team player, collaborator, and IT partner known for gaining trust of IT program stakeholders and key development and testing personnel.
- Lead QA Engineer to represent Testing in enterprise project requirements and strategy development meetings. Direct, coordinate, and oversee daily testing efforts. Report to management on regular basis.
Testing Background: System Test Plan, UAT Test Plan, Automation Coding Standards, Test Cases, Test Scenarios Requirement Traceability Matrix, Defect Traceability Matrix
Testing Areas: Baseline, Security, System Validation, Functional, Unit, Integration, Regression, Black Box, White Box, GUI, Back - end, Browser Compatibility
Platforms & Systems: Windows, Microsoft, Red Hat Linux 6.9+, Sun Solaris, O365
Testing Tools: HP ALM, Unified Functional Tester 11.0 (UFT), LoadRunner 8.0, SoapUI (SOA, API), XMLSpy, Rational Functional Tester (RFT)
Defect Tracking Tools: ClearQuest, HP ALM (Quality Center), JIRA, Bugzilla
Database & Tools: TPFDF, Oracle, MS Access, SQL, Export/Import, FTP
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, AOL, Safari
Confidential, Washington, DC
Senior Software Test Engineer Lead
- Led QA teams in multiple high-profile, mission critical projects to validate internal operational and customer-facing applications. Overcame challenges within large, complex projects, coordinated all QA testing strategies, and took charge of weekly and monthly changes and unscheduled high priority items/concerns. Generated accurate estimates for QA work proposals.
- Developed project artifacts and attended/participated in requirements (Use Cases), design, technical, financial, formal PLMO Control Points (Q-Gates, Design Review Board), Test Strategy, Planning, and other project reviews.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) to document non-functional system requirements. Collaborated with developers to resolve infrastructure, design, security, access, database, and integration issues throughout SDLC.
- Delivered critical QA leadership supporting 2-year enterprise project to closedown Southbury, CT datacenter and move functions to Raleigh Triangle Park (RTP), NC datacenter.
- Developed strategy and migrated 275 servers hosting Java, C++, and standalone applications, 60% COTS and 40% in-house, with Oracle 9 and SQL Server databases. Established baselines, uncovered dependencies, determined migration status to AWS, IBM Cloud, or RTP, and led acceptance testing for 120 stakeholders.
- Sr Lead QA Analyst and QA Center of Excellence (CoE) in 38-person project to upgrade mainframe element. Coordinated baseline testing and led 4 QA Analysts to migrate Mainframe to RTP and guided/directed 15 business stakeholders through user acceptance training.
- Supervised testing for new cloud-based infrastructure deployment with IIS Clusters, Citrix, and DataPower and optimized Oracle databases to deliver faster, more stable business environment.
- Managed testing team to support upgrade from IBM SmartCloudControlDesk (v7.5) to ServiceNow. Coordinated with IBM developers and 20-member Helpdesk team, oversaw defect resolution, and reported to management.
- QA Tester for 12-member internal/vendor team replacing MS Excel spreadsheets with PST CrewWatch. Contributed to business requirements, developed testing strategies and detailed test cases, tested app, analyzed and drove resolution of defects, and reported to management.
- Supported 8-member team to implement major iteration/upgrade integrating training and qualification data from external applications into SAP LSO, expanding/centralizing data capture and simplifying Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) employee training and certification tracking.
- Lead Tester for 12-member team to support O365/Chrome Browser upgrade impacting 20K enterprise users. Created QA strategy and coordinated with 50 stakeholders to upgrade 250 enterprise applications from Internet Explorer to Chrome browser.
Confidential, Bethesda, MD
Senior Lead QA Analyst
- Reviewed/analyzed business requirements, formulated strategies, and created detailed Test Plans, Test Cases, and UAT Testing Scenarios.
- Evaluated/installed testing tools and software and drove testing efforts for Internet/Web technologies. Generated management status reports and communicated with QA team, operations, product development, and stakeholders.
- Conducted Component Testing, Assembly Tests, and Product Tests in different stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and performed Database Verification & Validation testing using Oracle & MS SQL server.
- Assisted developers with program debugging and dump analysis, validated Open Travel Alliance (OTA) XML message formats, and tested functionality for hospitality industry standards with XMLSpy and in-house testing tools.
- Customized HP Quality Center configuration, developed automation test scripts using standards, text, bitmaps, database checkpoints), and created library function using HP ALM.
- Maintained/revised Functional and Regression Test Scripts, developed/maintained mainframe (reservation) application HP ALM scripts, directed regression system testing/automation, and conducted Web Service (SOA & API) testing with automated tool SoapUI. Executed scenarios, analyzed results, and tracked defects.
- Instrumental in growing hotel brand portfolio from 4 to 19 brands. Updated MARSHA regarding new brand Confidential (convention style hotels).
- Tested changes to 55 programs in 2 months.
- Managed team to develop test plan and create scenarios for Expedia/NT interface (impacting 25 programs) allowing MARSHA to send availability/rate information and users to book, modify, and cancel reservations. Verified XML messages reservations using OTA XML messages with TPF specific XML testing tools.
- Managed 9 QA Analysts to test a migration impacting 740+ global programs. Developed and executed 4425 test cases and achieved 100% “ Pass ” results.
- Supervised 4 team members to test reporting tool supporting International Expansion, Market Transformation, Reporting Consistency, and Customer Satisfaction. Wrote and tested 425 test cases in 2 months to deliver real-time reservations and inventory reporting tool gathering data from 75 programs.
- Oversaw staff of up to 8 to execute unit/integration, functional, smoke, performance, UAT, and regression testing. Reviewed production issues, managed/assigned fixes, and collaborated with programming to create use cases and test suites for validating software fixes/enhancements.
- Directed 3 QA Analysts to develop system test plan and scenarios for Pre-Arrival & eConfirmation project (involving 25 programs). Verified data in XML messages using TPF-specific XML testing tools, verified XML structure through presence/absence of data, and verified triggering of pre-arrival message to customers.
- Supervised team to develop testing strategies for implementation of industry-standard messaging interface to reservation systems (allowing inter-system application-to-application communication).
- Identified test areas, created test scenarios, wrote Test Plans, and verified XML messages using TPF specific XML testing tools.
- Evaluated and introduced QA Test Metrics to analyze QA performance.