- Around 6 years of IT experience as a QA Analyst involved in testing Web applications, Mobile applications.
- Strong Understanding of Quality Assurance Life Cycle and Software Development Life Cycle.
- Experience designing, developing, and implementing test plans, test cases, and test processes in V - Model, Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Extensive experience in interacting with customers & end users, business leads in understanding functional requirements and specifications, conversion of Business Requirements and Functional Specifications into Test Objectives, Test Plans, Test Scripts, Traceability Matrices, Testing Metrics templates and Reports.
- Hands-on experience in HP Quality Centre (HP ALM), JIRA.
- Expertise in Requirements gathering, Test Plan, Test Lab and Defect Tracking tools like HP ALM and JIRA.
- Strong documentation skills include writing Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scripts.
- Experience in the field of IT industry with focus on QA and manual testing of web-based and Client- Server applications, effective use of QA and Testing practice.
- Performed Integration Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Functional, Positive and Negative testing, Regression Testing & System Testing.
- Experience in testing multiple Cross browsers platform.
- Well versed with all the Testing concepts & Methodologies.
- Expertise in Test Case Design, Test Execution and Defect Tracking.
- Experience of Test Scripts in HP Quality Center and JIRA for Defect Tracking and Reporting.
- Experience in building customized automated defect reports based on the needs of the project using SQL.
- Strong SQL knowledge.
- Very good exposure & working experience for writing SQL queries.
- Extensive experience in pulling reports for my management from the databases like MS Access, SQL & Oracle.
- Expertise includes working for Government public works and Private clients.
- Experience in setting up Regression execution sets for various Projects
- Experience in understanding Business user’s perspective as part of Customer Acceptance test team at Confidential for PSR project
- Developed Test Scripts for Confidential PSR Project in the areas of Benefit Estimate, Health, Death, Service Retirement, Service Credit Purchase and other functional areas.
- Good business knowledge of large enterprise systems like Pension, Claims, Legal Case management, Billing and customer-based applications and experience in manual scripts of such projects
- Having Good Experience in Adobe tools.
- Experience in Software Inventory gathering across the teams.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to quickly master new concepts, applications, and highly motivated team player.
- Highly motivated, Self-starter able to work independently and collaboratively with in a diverse technical team.
Operating systems: Windows 95/98/2000/XP/Vista/7/8/10
Languages known: VB6, Java, C#, VB.NET
Database Software: Oracle 11g, SQL Server, MySQL, MS Access
Scripting Languages: VBScript
Web Languages: XML, DHTML, HTML, CSS
Other Tools: Adobe Photoshop, MS Project, MS Office Suite (Excel, Visio, Word and Power Point)
Web Servers: Tomcat
Testing Tools: QTP (9.5, 10.0), HP UFT
Test Management Tools: HP ALM, IBM Clear Quest, Clear Case
Bug Tracking Tool: HP ALM, Bugzilla and JIRA
Confidential, Sacramento, CA
- Worked effectively with members of the project team to ensure project success and champion high quality throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC)
- Responsible for Managing Onsite and Offshore QA Team
- Worked with development team to develop test plans, procedures and scripts
- Executed test plans for functionality and usability of the software throughout the development lifecycle
- Maintained testing environment, including hardware and software.
- Experience in testing tools like ALM and UFT administration in creating new user roles, access levels and troubleshooting user and application issues.
- Worked on pulling a report from ALM using SQL queries.
- Experience in pulling reports for my management from different databases.
- Setup the ALM workflow and do some customizations upon the requirements.
- Participated in UAT testing for the portals of My Confidential .
- Provided on-going QA support for projects as required including validating of reported problems
- Created test plans, test procedures and test cases
- Performed manual testing of the application to verify the requirements and business functionality
- Reviewed manual testing methods
- Performed Manual Testing to perform functional testing on the User interface
- Excellent knowledge to do UAT testing and working on document and report all found defect in IBM Clear Quest, JIRA and HP ALM.
- Performed Integration Testing, Functional Testing, Regression Testing & System Testing.
- Actively participated in retesting UAT defects and updated comments in JIRA on client feedbacks.
- Extensive use of Test repositories like HP ALM, JIRA for identifying, analyzing, & documenting defect
- Responsible for preparing Testing status reports and deliverables.
Technologies: Internet Explorer 6.0,7,9 and 10, Windows 2000, SQL Developer, UNIX, XML, IBM Clear Quest. ALM Version 11.00, JIRA 8.5.3.
Confidential, Oakland, CA
- Involved in the design and execution of Test Plan and Test Strategy.
- Escalated new change requests for the requirements to the change management team.
- Involved in Business Requirements reviews.
- Interaction with Business Users to track the Requirement changes.
- Created and maintained test data and test scenarios.
- Experience in testing Cross browser platform.
- Document and report all found defect in IBM Clear Quest, Clear Case and HP ALM.
- Logged and tracked the defects using HP ALM tracking system.
- Knowledge of understanding of ADA compliance testing using tools magic and Wave
- Documented and executed test cases for screen validations.
Technologies: Internet Explorer 6.0,7,9 and 10, Windows 2000, SQL Developer, UNIX, XML, IBM Clear Quest. ALM Version 11.00 and Wave.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Document and report all found defect in IBM Clear Quest, Clear Case and HP Quality center.
- Logged and tracked Bugs using HP Quality center tracking system.
- Created and maintained test data and test scenarios.
- Experience with scripting languages, SQL and development languages
- Performed End to End testing.
Technologies: Oracle 10g, SOAP, HTTPS, MS Office, Windows 2000, XP, HP Quality Center, Bugzilla