- Software QA leadership: 12+ years of experience as QA Lead - - developing and implementing QA processes and QA teams.
- A strong team player, self-motivated, eager to learn, result oriented, able to work independently when needed, have a strong attention to detail and be able to think “outside the box”.
- Provided leadership and training on QA methodology to the QA team.
- Recruited and maintained a strong team capable of creating state of the art tests and capable of analyzing test results to both direct further test development and isolate defects for engineering remediation. Developed a culture of constant feedback and improvement.
- Responsible for training end users on business and technology processes.
- Solid Technical Business Analyst experience with proven technical expertise in developing models, Requirement gathering & Analysis, performing complex analyses at client site.
- Has solid understanding of the IT solutions that support business clients.
- Superior technical background and management skills with expertise in organizing, analyzing, and problem solving.
- Developed Business Rules and Requirements from raw Stakeholder needs and Developed and maintained the Requirements Traceability Matrix.
- Developed and Implemented Quality Assurance Documentation of all levels: Test plans, Test strategies, check lists, tractability matrices, Test cases based on Business and Product Requirements and Functional Specifications; recommending and approving test automation strategy and process improvements, developing QA standards; defining and tracking QA metrics
- Proficient in Software Development Life Cycle including test strategy preparation, Test plan development, test case creation, Test execution, bug tracking and Defect management.
- Experienced in all types of testing - Manual / Black box testing, White box testing, Functional, GUI testing, System, Regression, Integration, UAT, Smoke and Performance testing.
- Designed and implemented UAT. Defined and executed the UAT policies, processes. Developed UAT plan, UAT Scripts, Managed UAT test resources and test execution
- Areas of Expertise-Test Development, Scheduling & Execution, Test Automation, Test project management, Agile, Scrum, Waterfall and SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle).
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, Provar, SilkTest, HP Load Runner, IBM Robot, HP ALM
Testing Framework: J-UNIT and TEST NG
Testing Methodologies: Agile, Scrum, Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance, RUP, CMM, Extreme, Waterfall
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, HP ALM, TestDirector, Bugzilla, ClearQuest, Moztrap
Databases: Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL
Programming Languages: C, Java, Java Script, PL/SQL, XML HTML, Apex Code & Visual Basic
SOFTWARE: SFDC, Informatica, Informatica Real Cloud, Rational Unified Process, Rational Team Test, Rational Requisite Pro, Rational ClearQuest, CCC Harvest, Power Builder, SAP Business Objects, UNIX
IDE and Utilities: Eclipse, VM Ware, MS Office, IntelliJ
QA Lead Consultant
- Led the testing of system solutions, custom object and fields, data elements, custom record types and page layouts for various support processing teams and groups, activity and history tracking.
- Trained end users on business and technology processes via webinars and in person
- Participated in daily scrum, sprint planning retrospective meetings and followed the agile scrum practices, implemented improvement to process, demonstrated solutions and incorporated feedback changes.
- Worked closely with various tracks to ensure consistency of requirements and setting right expectations for the design
- Responsible for creating testing scenarios based on business requirements gathered from business users
- Worked on gap analysis of requirements with upstream and downstream teams to ensure accuracy in designs.
- Tested Validation Rules, workflow rules, time triggered tasks, email alerts, filed updates to implement business logic.
- Used Data Loader for insert, update, and bulk import or export of data from Salesforce.com objects. Used it to read, extract and load data from comma separated values (CSV) files.
Business Analyst Lead
- Provided the value cases support business requests for development before initiation of projects.
- Developed functional designs and supporting documentation.
- Provided input to the QA team in the development of the test plan and reviews the test plan.
- Created Functional Requirements document (FRD), use cases, mock-ups, needs analysis, process flow diagrams, cost-benefit analysis, and impact analysis, data flow diagrams and problem statements.
- Discussed and updated test cases for each new build for regression testing.
- Oversee offshore team for automation
- Worked as a liaison between Subject Matter experts and Offshore team
Confidential, Redwood City, CA
QA / Business Analyst Lead
- Led the SFDC Integration with Informatica Cloud Real Time and performed Manual and Automation testing
- Performed Defect Management
- Performed Performance testing
- Involved in Automation testing using Selenium WebDriver
- Performed Test Management using HP ALM
- Worked in an Agile Scrum environment with monthly Sprints
- Used Apex Data Loader tool to insert and fetch huge records of data for performance testing
- Managed and led multiple projects with different release cycles in an Agile environment. Performed Manual and Automation testing
- Managed the Offshore QA team (8 QA Engineers), located in India as well as the onsite team (6 QA Engineers).
- Designed and implemented User Acceptance Testing and communicated the results to Stake holders
- Tested and Analyzed Oracle and MySQL query plans and tuned them.
- Analyzed bugs reported by the customers and assigned priority level ensuring based on the severity of bug a resolution is quickly provided and the team completes the QA in timely manner.
- Hands on experience in developing automated scripts in Selenium WebDriver.
- Actively involved in planning, organizing and managing tasks by interacting extensively with Project Managers, development teams and operations team
- Presented progress and status reports to CTO on weekly basis as well as CEO in certain cases where the bugs had highest priority and visibility
- Developed Project Metrics, resource allocation and utilization plan, work load balance plan, -- balance leave plans, forecast free time of team & plan activities in discussion with PM
- Managed test defects and facilitated weekly test defect meetings. Provided status on critical and high severity test defects
- Developed plan to provide knowledge transfer of QA processes to offshore team and ensured that onsite QA effort seamlessly transfer to cost efficient offshore QA team as per the transition plan
- Managed and tracked test plan exit criteria to be met before QA signs off on a release
- Lead bug and issue triage efforts. Set direction for the preparation and delivery of regular management reports on the daily/weekly/monthly project status
- Reported, verified, prioritized and owned product defects for product release cycles