Result - oriented, innovative and strategic thinking engineering leader with over 18 years of experience in delivering multiple Cloud and Enterprise products with a blend of Product Development, Engineering Services and Release Engg. Extensive experience in Institutionalizing large productive teams. Recognized for the ability to collaborate and build relationships with all levels of people in the organization, resolve complex issues, and work well under pressure and a fast-paced environment.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
Agile Development (Cloud & Enterprise Products) | Organizational Leadership | Cross functional Collaboration Vendor Management | SIEM Domain | Release Engineering | Tools Development | Chaos Engineering QA Architect |System Engineering | Framework Design & Development | CI/CD | Cloud Computing
Scrum | Agile | POD | Jira | Rest based Microservice Architecture | Oracle (OCI) | Jenkins | Ansible Docker Kubernetes | Git |TeamCity | Grafana | Terraform | Elastic Search | Chaos and Performance Engineering Python Java | Full Stack Development | Linux | STAF | TestNG | Selenium | CodeceptJS
Confidential, Redwood Shores, CA
Director of Software Development - Engineering Services & Quality
- Established Engineering Services Organization with capabilities such as Engineering Productivity & Tooling, Quality, Life Cycle Management, System Engineering and DevOps for Identity Cloud Services (IDCS-PAAS), Key Management Cloud Service (KMCS-PAAS) and Oracle Identity Manager - Fusion Apps (SAAS) product line.
- Utilize Pivotal Agile POD framework in the development of agile methodology and actively participate in defining agile process with roles and responsibilities.
- Lead the successful rollout of agile POD framework within the organization with focus on “Shift Left”.
- Transformed team from software delivery unit to Innovation unit.
- Serve as technical product manager for engineering services Scrum Team.
- Provided strategic management with quality programs for Identity Cloud Service (IDCS) and Key Management Cloud Service (KMCS) PAAS cloud services which achieved 95% automation with first release including:
- Creation and execution of IDCS strategy;
- Successful adoption of Agile Methodology with 10% quarterly velocity Improvement;
- Continuously delivering IDCS releases for the last 36 months
- Managed global teams and displayed leadership skills in managing Directors and Senior Managers
- Institutionalized high performance 60-member global team. Enhanced team footprint by 3 times (in <12 month)
- Managed global teams located in USA, India, China and France.
- Involved in hiring, termination and retention of people globally.
- Managed external vendors for IDCS apps development through definition of objectives, communication, and training plans as well as the establishment of quality/delivery processes and standards while ensuring continuous feedback mechanisms to all associated stakeholders.
- Delivered 600 Out of Box IDCS Apps through External Vendors in 12 months.
- Collaborated with all cross functional teams to successfully roll-out processes to integrate all Oracle SAAS/PAAS cloud services with IDCS platform.
- Instrumental in design and development of various engineering productivity tools for smooth execution of releases. Some key accomplishments include: Development of E2E provisioning Pipeline, API Signature Tool, Canary System for Production Monitoring, Hybrid Data Driven Automation Framework and Continuous Integration Framework.
- Conceptualized and designed Cloud Delivery Dashboard (CDD) service which focused on automating workflows in managing, organizing, tracking and delivering quality cloud service releases. CDD service enabled faster deployment of builds to production, thus, resulting in 80% improvement in delivery.
- Architected, designed and developed a scalable canary system for synthetic monitoring of IDCS service across all data centers.
- Drove efforts in transitioning the quality assurance team into DevOps team. Planned and executed VShift process to continuously monitor production environment and troubleshooting with the goal of achieving a 15 minute customer bug response time.
- Strategically built a specialized team of engineers with a primary focus on Chaos Engineering. Defined processes, Test Strategy and tools to achieve 100% automation against production instance.
- Developed a team of performance engineers to perform stress testing against all development builds and attained 100% automation.
- Optimized a delivery pipeline to provide deployment builds on a day-to-day basis that led to 100% operational efficiency.
Software Development Manager
- Took charge of identifying, developing, and implementing programs to deliver quality products in partnership with the senior leadership
- Set records for delivering various product releases including Enterprise Log Manager, Security Vulnerability Manager, Secure Content Manager, and eTrust Policy Compliance 7.4
- Produced an event-driven framework for CA Enterprise Log Manager