Highly motivated Software Quality Assurance Tester seeking employment with a company where I can apply and grow my skills for the betterment of the organization.
- Manual & Automated Testing for SQA
- Web and mobile applications testing in Agile process
- Excellent ability to detect problems and produce reports that are accurate and descriptive
- Knowledgeable in Open - Source Automation Tools (Selenium)
- Multitask effectively, good problem solving, communication, interpersonal and auditing skills
- Self-driven with strong work ethics
Test Automation: Selenium WebDriver, Tosca, JMeter
Bug Tracking: Jira, IBM Rational, QTest
Database: Oracle, Toad, DB2
CI/CD: Jenkins, Github, Gitlab
Virtualization: VMware Server, BrowserStack
Operating Systems: Windows 10/8/7, Mac OS X, UNIX/ LINUX, iOS, Android
Browsers: Chrome, Safari, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox
Software Test Analyst
Confidential, Omaha, Nebraska
- Created test plans, prepared Test Data, executed Test Cases, validated test results
- Performed end-to-end testing, integration testing, UAT (User Acceptance Testing) and regression testing
- Created test cases and automated them for the purpose of regression testing and functional testing with check points.
- Wrote SQL queries for database validation and integrity
- Defined testing criteria, planned, created and executed test plans in a mainframe environment.
- Completed tasks of testing and evaluating mainframe interactions with distributed systems.
- Ran JCL batch jobs in test region in mainframe for checking the output result in CICS Region.
- Reported testing status to QA team, developers, and project managers, raising issues and concerns that may impact schedule
- Assisted in testing of web applications and verified user experience on mobile devices, in compliance with ADA standards
- Used Postman to test API services
- Executed automated scripts via Selenium and Tosca
- Tracking and follow up on all defects discovered within the test effort.
- Created and distributed weekly Execution and Defect Reports for the business users and project manager.
- Analyzed the functional requirement documents, system requirement documents and business requirement documents.
- Documented workflows of multiple applications, to assist in onboarding new teammates.
- Interacted with business analysts to gather the requirements for business and performance testing.
- Involved in data migration/encryption and improvements to user services for federal government products
- Created traceability matrix to keep track of changes in requirement and their impact on testing efforts.
- Provides QA guidance and direction to employees and consultants (onshore/offshore), as needed, provides complex functional testing services to multiple projects.
- Create design/criteria documents (Word Document) for generating reports to be distributed to clients.
Freelance QA Tester
- Engaged in cross browser testing of websites for desktop and mobile browsers
- Tested multiple features, including website popups, Google Map plug ins, etc.
- Ensured compliance with client requirements and quick turnaround of product
- Validated UI experience using mobile hardware and virtual machines
- Using Litmus and Email on Acid, tested the quality of email notifications experience
- Provide testing status to stakeholders
Software Test Analyst
Confidential, San Mateo, CA
- Performed smoke testing, build acceptance testing, regression testing, exploratory testing, and user acceptance testing of inventory management platform
- Performed testing of POS integration, and compatibility testing across multiple browsers
- Created test scenarios and test cases
- Performed CSS issues testing on mobile devices (Android and iOS).
- Tested user reports feature in PDF, XLS formats.
- Validated integration of external API, ensuring data and photos appeared properly
- Reported bugs in Github, including steps to reproduce and screenshots
- Performed retesting of fixed bugs to confirm fixes, discussed priority of bugs with developers
- Worked on customer support calls and emails, cleaning up and maintenance of customer database
- Contributed to team meetings by offering suggestions and enhancements for future releases, discussing release schedule and timeline of future updates
- Analyzed inventory and audit history of customer accounts to solve for discrepancies
Jr. QA Tester
Confidential, Los Altos, CA
- Prepared checklist of main features to maintain effective test coverage
- Created and executed test cases and Conducted Regression Testing
- Documented all test results and reported bugs in Bugzilla
- Performed Compatibility testing on different platforms in various browsers: PC (Windows7/10); Mac (OS X El Capitan); Chrome/Safari/Firefox
- Used pre-production distribution channel TestFlight for the apps installation and updates
- Wrote and executed test cases in accordance with business, technical and functional requirements
- Validated application's GUI for compliance with Usability guidelines published by US Department of Health and Human Services and WAI-ARIA standards
- Performed functional, smoke and regression testing of new builds
- Logged and tracked software bugs via Bugzilla