Versatile results - driven Test Engineer with experience in both development and operations functions supporting multiple platforms, employing various methodologies, architectures, and tools.
Requirements, test artifacts and defects management: Rational Tools, Zephyr/JIRA, SharePoint, HP Quality Center/ALM, UFT/QTP, Team Foundation Studio.
Test automation tools, languages, frameworks: Selenium WebDriver, Rational Functional Tester, TestNG, JUnit, SOAPUI (with Groovy) Protractor (Jasmine framework), Cucumber, QTP/UFT, RPT (performance testing), keyword-driven, data-driven, hybrid, Page Object Model, Page Factory.
Build, deployment and test environment setup/configuration: Jenkins, Maven, Git, Amazon Web Services (setting up Rhel and Windows instances), SSH, Bash.
Architectures, platforms, technologies, standards: Client Server (J2EE, Message Queue), Web Services (SOAP, REST, JSON, XML), Micro Services, SharePoint, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Open Source, Mainframe (JCL, TSO, FileAid, ISPF), Linux. REST, SOAP, HL7
Application security, tools, concepts, and standards: Fortify, Single Sign-On, LDAP, RBAC, SAML, Oauth.
Databases: SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, MongoDB.
- Tester on the Identity Access Management (IAM) team supporting the enterprise-level solution for access and identity management.
- Test multiple workflows and interfaces (internal and external facing). Components under test include: Internal and external Single Sign-On (SSOi/SSOe) solutions providing federated user authentication access. The Master Veteran Index (MVI) which is the authoritative source for person identity data (correlates a patient's identity across the enterprise.
- Participate in daily scrum calls and Integrated Product Team meetings.
- Use SoapUI for REST and SOAP interfaces, and Excel (VBScript) for test data generation.
- Sole Tester/Business Analyst on a team developing a web-based chemotherapy order management application. Simultaneously supported another team, as Tester.
- Led focus groups and demos with physicians and clinical staff to capture business and technical requirements and produce use case elaboration documentation.
- As the sole Tester/Business Analyst, was responsible for requirements gathering, elaboration, and documentation. Also responsible for all testing activities and deliverables.
- Used Rational Tools Suite, SoapUI (for web services testing), JAWS (for 508 testing), Selenium WebDriver with Junit and Maven (for test automation), and JMeter for performance testing.
- Assisted sole developer on project with migrating application to AWS platform.
- Setup and instantiated rhel and windows servers.
- Deployed and configured application components.
- Helped document and tested the deployment process.
- Supported a second project as a Tester validating enhancements and fixes to multiple clinical functions of the Veterans Information Systems and Technology Architecture (VISTA) Electronic Health Records system.
- Performed functional and 508 testing.
- Tester supporting the Veterans Authorizations and Preferences (VAP) application which interfaced with numerous other VA applications (MVI, SSOi, eBenefits, eHealth Exchange, and ESR Web Services), to enable authorizing Health Information Exchange (HIE) to trusted external partners and manage Veteran Electronic Consent Directives.
- Wrote and executed test cases for several components including a front end web GUI, backend Oracle database, Web Service API, and several standard and adhoc reports.
- Designed, developed, and maintained an automation framework which employed Rational Functional Tester (RFT), SoapUI, and Junit.
- Tester on team supporting the Access Control Services suite of applications which enabled user access at the enterprise level.
- Served as Test manager managing team of four testers matrixed out to three scrum teams and a production support team.
- Coordinated testing of releases, production fixes, COTS upgrades, and environment configurations with the project manager, planner, development leads, and partner application teams. Also supported other partner application teams test efforts.
- Ensured test deliverables and processes followed the VA’s standards and guidelines.
- Used Rational Jazz Suite, SoapUI, LoadUI, Rational Performance Tester, SharePoint, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Developed tools to automate test validation and test data generation.
Software Test Engineer
- Supported the development of an Integrated Electronic Health Records (iEHR) system to provide seamless sharing of standardized longitudinal electronic record of patient health information among Confidential Healthcare Management System Modernization (DHMSM) system, Confidential legacy systems, the Confidential, other Federal agencies, and private sector healthcare providers.
- Performed functional and integration testing of API (Web Services), user interface, and backend components.
- Components under test included a REST based data federator which aggregated patient records from multiple Vista and AHLTA sources.
- A data transformation layer which generated xml output for seven clinical domains to conform to the Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) open standard.
- A Clinical Translation Service which translated clinical data between various local and national terminologies. A Layer 7 based access control feature. And an Audit and Control component.
- Used UFT and SoapUI to develop automated scripts and framework complete with templates and data extract/setup scripts for the other automation testers to follow.
- Supported development of the SharePoint based Project Management Accountability System (PMAS) dashboard application for the Office of Information Technology to manage IT projects.
- Wrote complex SQL queries to validate BI Reports against an MS SQL Server database.
- Automated smoke test and regression test suite using Selenium WebDriver.
Test Methodology Specialist
- Performed functional end-to-end, automated, 508 compliance, and performance testing on a portfolio of financial, legal, and governance applications employing various platforms and technologies including Desktop (Windows XP, Windows 7), web (ASP, J2EE, Portal, .NET), Citrix Meta Frame, Workflow (BizFlow), Content Management, Document Management (Documentum, SharePoint), and several COTS (PegaSys, Sun Identity Manager, and Oracle 11g )
Senior Test Engineer Consultant
- Supported a large systems modernization effort for the Cargo Systems Processing Office (CSPO) of the Customs and Border Protection (CBP).
- Tested an enterprise application with multiple components including a portal web/applet interface, multiple MQ and remote procedure call based legacy interfaces, EDI interfaces, back end (SAP CRM, SAP R3, DB2. Oracle), external systems interfaces, user authentication and authorization (Tivoli Access Manager, Webseal, ITIM, LDAP), Business Objects Reports, and ETL (Informatica Powercenter).
- System tested and facilitated User Acceptance Testing of customizations to PeopleSoft General Ledger and Asset Management modules.
- Tested a B2B application for sourcing mortgage loans.
- Analyzed use cases and change requests.
- Wrote and executed test cases for front and back-end components of the application.
Senior Test Engineer
- Supported system, integration, and deployment test efforts for a large systems modernization effort at the Confidential (IRS).
- Used a variety of tools and technologies including File aid, DB2, JCL, MQSeries, CICS, REXX, and XML.
- Supported User Acceptance Testing of an internet domain registry system.
Senior Test Engineer
- Developed and implemented test strategy, test plan, and test cases for a HIPAA compliant web-based lab results ordering and reporting system with an external HL7 EDI Interface.
Programmer Analyst/Systems Engineer
- Supported a large data migration project migrating customer profile and billing data from DB2 and IMS to Oracle.
- Used COBOL II, DB2, IMS/DB, JCL, File Aid, Sync sort, Oracle v.8.0.5, PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, and UNIX.
- Supported the re-design effort of a legacy application that served as a clearinghouse for the freight railroad industry.
- Developed the database layer modules. Used COBOL, DB2, JCL, TSO ISPF.
- Analyzed, designed, tested, and implemented functional enhancements using COBOL, CICS, VSAM, JCL, Control-m (job scheduler), and ALC (assembler language code). Also provided technical support to 80 end users.