- Experienced Production Manager with more than 15 years of experience in manufacturing related to supply chain which involved planning, scheduling, inventory control, supply & demand capacity, and P & L (Profit & Loss).
- Knowledgeable in logistics & operations, time management, GMP, cGMP, SQDCI, KPI, TPS, TPM, SMED, QA, developing SOP, MRP, six sigma (6s standards, 5 whys & 7 deadly waste (TIMWOOD) principles), ISO 14001 (EMS) & ISO 9001 (QMS) & OSHA / EPA / FDA standards, and lean process (continuous improvement).
- Strong leadership and relationship - building skills.
- Experienced with MRP system (to keep track of our raw materials & logistics), which includes SAP/ENOVIA/BLUE JAYS & Payroll (Ascentis, Titan, Kronos, Genesis & Matrix Software Applications).
- Ensures that all employees are fully trained in safety and operating procedures, including all quality system procedures and work instructions.
- Ensures that OSHA standards are being implemented and highly alert.
- Utilizes Gemba walk & Kaizen processes & strives to identify and eliminate the "7 deadly waste", and including 6s standards as a primary tool to implement continuous improvement process.
- Focuses the team and sets priorities to ensure performance targets are met & sets clear performance expectations in metrics for the team and team members & holds team members accountable for the quality and timelines of the outputs & inputs generated by the team (KPIs). I conduct regular safety & housekeeping audits and ensure appropriate corrective action is taken including follow-up investigations for all safety incidents. Promotes an atmosphere of mutual respect and establishes a well-self-motivated mindset.
- And I manage employee issues relevant to counseling & conflict resolution accordingly to the company’s policies.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Assistant Plant Manager
- Report to General Manager, oversee 2 shifts operations, managing the plant operations which includes 2 Supervisors, 2 dispatchers, 11 truck drivers, 16 builders, 6 remans, 6 bandsaw / 6 trim saw / 6 chop saw operators, 2 grinders operators, 10 lift operators with 12 docks (also flatbed services available).
- Involved in recruiting/interviewing/onboarding/terminating processes. Plan/Review/Approval scheduling, logistics management (SAP), POs, monthly budgeting, performance and target standards.
- Conduct/attend daily directional and staff meetings, and weekly safety committees.
- Partnership with the management supply chains related to new business, monthly budgeting & EBITDA, and expectations.
- Enforce/compliance to company’s policy and OSHA guidelines.
- Ensuring the team members have the proper tools, support, training, adherence to 1st quality products, and on time delivery (OTD), and ensuring daily scheduling and monitoring of work order(s) by Load/Request Date). Actively engaged & interact with team members with root cause analysis & problem solving.
Confidential, Burlington, NC
- Report to Director of Operations, oversees 3 campuses, managing 4 supervisors & 210 indirect laborers. Plan & coordinate with contractor agencies, ensure correct staffing as ordered to support current shift production demands (ordered vs actual).
- Actively work closely with the management team (CSR, Planner, Procurement, Master Scheduler, QA, ME, Maintenance, and Warehouse) of any changes within machinery unplanned DT's & adjustments with schedule attainment to ensure the communication & commitment On Time Delivery (OTD) are met.
- Provide proper tools & support for the supervisors & assist with the supervisor's daily cadence.
- Maintain relationships with internal & external vendors/customers, essentially with maintenance on the total preventive maintenance on the machinery (TPM).
- Develops, measures & manages supervisors & coaches the team the Best Practices in the KPI's (SQDCI).
- Involved with all QI / CAPAs (Customer's concerns) and preventive measure problem solving (5Why's, fishbone, root cause analysis) resolution.
- Monitoring the lines efficiency dashboard and focus/assist on line(s) with lower efficiency with line balancing to improve in the standard rate per hour accordingly to PackManager (which includes Eng. Std Rate (CRWS) vs manning/rate).
- Develop and implement Safety, Quality, and Production tracker & SOP's & Training Matrix.
- Also, promoting monthly recognition of our Safety & Quality champions.
- Review daily OA reports & ensure next day setups are completed, and pass on information are delegated between shifts.
- Ensured the most cost-effective production methods are employed.
- Assist in continuous improvements (CI) to optimize the potential of lean manufacturing (TPS).
- Actively collectively promoting & motivating a safe & positive behaviors culture.
Confidential, North Wilkesboro, NC
Shift Operations Manager
- Report to VSM's of assisting & managing the skins & doors division.
- Provide & conduct a daily Gemba meeting (SQDCI).
- Effectively communicate with the management team of any changes and/or adjustments with schedule attainment & unplanned DT escalation.
- Also, report & record any process improvements or machinery issues related to the R.A.I.L sheet. Manage Kronos Timekeeper (including PTO approval) & Attendance at a daily basis for all direct report employees.
- Actively involved with Weekly Safety Committees. Ensuring that team members have the proper tools, support, training, adherence first quality products (1st check & last check QC audit), and on time delivery (OTD), and ensuring daily scheduling & monitoring of work order(s) by Load/Request Date).
- Actively engaged & interact with team members with root cause analysis & problem solving.
- Encourage & promote positive morale & culture, build confidence, and team player mindset through team building.
- Developed and implemented Safety, Quality, and Production tracker.
- Ensured the most cost-effective production methods are employed, hour by hour monitoring, inspected & signed off finished goods for quality check and adherence to customer specifications.
Confidential, Durham, NC
Finishing Production Manager
- Report to CEO/OWNER, managing the steaming/folding/packing/shipping department.
- Ensured the most cost-effective production methods are employed, inspected finished goods for quality and adherence to customer specifications.
- Developed production tracking, quality, and warehouse control systems, analyzing and problem-solving tools, overseeing any personnel grievances.
- Hired and managed staff, ensuring that team members have the proper tools, training, and produce first quality products and on time delivery.
Confidential, Thomasville, NC
- Report to Plant Manager, manage production practices, processes, and scheduling techniques to include lean principles (DMAIC); problem solving tools to include 5 why's and team builder. Execute a World Class Manufacturing by driving results through continuous improvements and customer satisfaction.
- Measuring Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost & Improvements performance (SQDCI) and establishing, improving and reporting KPIs performance.
- Identifying and implementing measures to improve Safety, and Production methods, equipment performance, and first quality of product.
- Actively involved with Safety First Committee Board Member (SFC).
- Also, analyzing, resolving, and assisting production supervisors in solving machinery issues, staffing confrontation, and shift coverage as needed.
Confidential, Siler City, NC
- Report to Plant Manager, ensures all equipment is operating at maximum potential and works closely with maintenance personnel to ensure equipment is operational in order to meet production requirements and minimize downtime.
- Enforced OSHA standards, 6s standards, and company’s policies.
- Daily inspection for machine guarding and implement safe work practices.
- Also, lead any accident investigation for accidents occurring within the department and lead the effort to define corrective action to eliminate the root cause of the accident.
- Ensures that team members have the proper tools and training to operate and produce first quality product, on time service, and most cost effectively.