- Around 5+ years of experience in Quality Assurance in Manual and Automated Testing, Database Testing, Web based application and Client/Server based applications.
- Experienced in Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and Bug Life Cycle and methodologies like Agile, Waterfall.
- Good experience in Automation testing using Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/GRID, Junit, TestNG, Jenkins, Maven, and HP Quality Centre.
- Experience in designing and creating automation frameworks for J2EE based applications using Java, Junit/ TestNG, Selenium WebDriver/IDE/Grid, ANT/Maven and Jenkins.
- Experience in creating, modifying and enhancing both manual test cases and test scripts created in Selenium WebDriver.
- Experience in testing Web Services - SOA architecture, RPCs, XML transactions, SOAP, HTTP, WSDL, and REST using various industry standard tools like SOAP UI.
- Strong experience in all levels of Testing such as Smoke, Sanity, Positive, Negative, Integration, Functional, System, Regression, Data Migration, Database, Security, Usability, GUI and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Expertise in documenting defects with high level of detail, accuracy, and informative recreation steps using Quality Center, JIRA, IBM Clear Quest, BugZilla etc.
- Sound knowledge on JUnit, TestNG framework for Unit testing, MAVEN and ANT for Project building tool, Jenkins/Hudson for Continuous Integration.
- Experience in using Test management tools like Quality Center extensively for establishing Traceability to Requirements, Test Cases, Bug tracking and Reporting.
- Experience in writing and executing load scripts using JMeter as well as Load Runner.
- Experience using various databases like Oracle, MS SQL Server and MySQL.
- Experience with Black box testing. Experience in Web services (SOA, XML) testing.
- Experience in writing UNIX shell scripts for loading the data.
- Strong analytical, de-bugging & documentation skills, and excellent in verbal & interpersonal skills.
- A fast learner of new systems and testing tools, and high degree of creativity and initiative is expected.
- Possesses good Communication, Organization, Presentation, analytical, Interpersonal and Coordinating skills to work and interact in Team Environment.
- I am looking for Full-time job opportunity.
Testing Tools: Selenium RC/IDE/GRID, WebDriver, JMeter, QTP, HP QC/ALM, Test NG, JMeter, Junit, SOAP UI, Rest, Jira, Rally, Jenkins
Languages: C, C++, HTML, XML. CSS, Xpath, Java, Java Script, SQL, PL/SQL
Defect Management: JIRA, Zephyr for Jira, QA Complete, Quality Center
Version Systems: Git, CVS, SVN
Built /CI tools: ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Hudson, Cruise Control
Methodologies: Agile (Scrum), Waterfall, TDD, V-Model
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, MS-Access and DB2
Servers: Tomcat, Apache, Web Logic
Operating Systems: Windows Variants, Mac OS, Unix/Linux
Confidential, Austin, TX
QA Automation Engineer
- Analyzed business requirements, functional requirements, use cases and provided feedback for a clear understanding of each requirement.
- Identified test cases to automate and develop automation test scripts using Selenium WebDriver and Java.
- Involved in creating the functional testing framework using TestNG and using Selenium WebDriver for writing Automated Scripts with Java.
- Developed new and updated existing Automation test cases using Selenium WebDriver and TestNG, used Git and Source Tree as VCS for a Java based Web application, used Maven as build tool and Jenkins to create and run deployment jobs.
- Created test cases, test plans, tested API’s, wrote JUnit test cases, executed code coverage and wrote automation scripts using Selenium WebDriver.
- Performed parameterization of the automated test scripts in Selenium WebDriver to check how the application performs against multiple sets of data.
- Performed back-end testing on Oracle and SQL Server databases by writing SQL queries to make sure the contents displayed on the UI correct as per requirements specifications.
- Designed the UI of the application, prototyping and wire framing in MS Visio for better illustration of the application.
- Extracted the Business Requirements from the end users keeping in mind their need for the application and prepared Business Requirement Documents (BRD) using Rational Requisite Pro.
- Created workflow scenarios, designed new process flows and documented the Business Process and various Business Scenarios and activities of the Business from the conceptual to procedural level.
- Clarified QA team issues and reviewed test plans and test scripts developed by QA team to make sure that all requirements will be covered in scripts and tested properly.
- Involved in functional testing, Integration testing, User Acceptance testing, Regression testing.
- Planning for Test Execution activities to accomplish tasks on the daily/weekly basis.
- Worked with end users to generate UAT scripts and to successful completion of UAT testing.
- Performed browser compatibility testing.
- Working experience on daily status reporting & managed end to end testing.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Quality Center/ALM, Eclipse, JUnit, ANT, Jenkins, SoapUI, Git, TDD, Agile, SQL, Oracle, Windows and UNIX.
Confidential, Mc Lean, VA
- Interacted with Business Analyst and Developers to understand the application architecture and recommend testing strategy.
- Developed automation scripts for new enhancements using Selenium Web Driver and TestNG.
- Regression test cases were written and automated using Selenium WebDriver.
- Used Java platform for utilizing industry leading harness design patterns and approaches.
- Involved in preparing Requirement Traceability Matrix.
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse IDE and TestNG framework.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven tool and created Selenium automation scripts in java using JUnit prior to agile release.
- Updating and making changes to BIOS.
- Developed Test Frameworks in Selenium for UI Regression Test Automation and when necessary, and potentially execute Unit Test Automation (Java /TestNG).
- Created automation framework in Selenium WebDriver using behavior driven approach like Cucumber.
- Performed System Testing, Smoke Testing and Regression Testing on different environments (like Production, UAT).
- Extensively used Selenium locators like (Xpath, CSS Selectors, Fire Bug, Fire path locator) and WebDriver to test the web application.
- Tested request and response XML's based web services interfaces using SOAP UI.
- Participate in design walkthrough and review meetings while interacting with customers.
- Created whole test framework using Selenium for further test creation and execution.
- Quick setup, execution and reporting of findings for Smoke test for each build.
- Implemented simulator for Mobile App Testing in Android Platform using Appium.
- Used Appium for Native and Hybrid App testing.
- Used Git for Version Control and Code Collaboration to manage code reviews.
- Performed Coded UI automation testing for the application using Microsoft Test Manager.
- Reported software defects in Quality Center and interacted with the developers to resolve technical issues.
- Followed Agile testing methodology, participated in daily SCRUM meetings and testing each SPRINT deliverables
- Connected to database to Query the database using SQL for data verification and validation.
- Created SQL views to aggregate data before moving to targeted database from legacy database to simulate results
- Written Test Cases for ETL to compare Source and Target database systems.
- Participated QA weekly meetings and various other meetings and discussed Enhancement and Modification Request issues and defects in the application.
- Tested applications in different types of browsers and versions, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome to simulate production environment.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Test NG, SOAPUI, Cucumber, Maven, XPATH, Eclipse, Jenkins, Fire path, Firebug, HTML, XML, Agile, QC, Test Manager, SQL, Oracle and Windows.
Confidential, Mellon, NY
- Worked closely with Business Analysts and Developers to gather requirements in order to formulate the test plan.
- Designed and developed Test Cases for automated testing using Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Eclipse IDE.
- Performed Black Box Testing of the application to better understand the functionality of the application.
- Prepared Test cases according to the requirement.
- Performed Cross Browser and parallel testing for the web based by using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Appium.
- Involved in Sprint Planning Meeting, Sprint Review Meeting, Sprint Retrospective Meeting and Daily Stand Up Meetings.
- Involved in creating test strategies, status reports and test timelines that clearly communicate to business owners the history of UAT testing activities and results
- Performed functional testing of SOAP and RESTful Web Services by using SOAP UI Tool.
- Defined the Scope of testing for User Acceptance Testing. Developed detailed test conditions. Supported documentation across extended testing team as directed by UAT Manger.
- Adhered to all established processes and procedures for UAT. Completed test cases for frontend and backend applications.
- Created test plan and test cases for back end testing from the business requirement.
- Created and executed SQL queries using Rational Database.
- Used HP Quality Center to execute the test cases, track execution against the plan during testing and manage defects from inception to resolution.
- Assisted the Business Analysis team in preparing the Functional Specifications Document.
- Prepared Test Plans and Test Cases based on the business requirements.
- Performed Functionality Testing of the application manually.
- Performed end to end testing manually.
- Conducted Smoke Testing of different Applications.
- Involved in Back End testing using SQL Queries on Oracle Database.
- Performed Security Testing by using Positive and Negative Testing approach to ensure appropriate user authentication.
- Performed Regression Testing after the defects have been fixed to ensure no further effect on other functionalities.
- Participated in Walkthroughs and Inspection meetings to review
Environment: Java, Selenium Web Driver, UAT, Agile (Scrum), HP Quality Center/ALM, JIRA, TestNG, Maven, HTML, SQL, RESTful, TFS, WebServices, Windows.
- Responsible for creating test plans, test cases, test scenarios and mapping business requirements to test cases.
- Designed the test cases and developed test scripts using Java and Selenium RC/IDE.
- Developed automation framework for Selenium RC in Modular Framework model.
- Developed Test Plan, Test Cases and executed various test scripts functional testing.
- Developed Automation scripts for new enhancements using Selenium RC and Junit.
- Developed ANT Build scripts to run Sanity Test scripts developed in Selenium RC.
- Extensively involved in integrating Selenium RC with existing API to test framework.
- Used Junit framework for test cases Performed Black Box and Unit testing using Equivalence Partitioning analysis.
- Used Quality Center as Test Repository for Requirements, Test plans.
- Worked actively with developers in expediting the code as against the specs and performing Unit Testing.
- Tests developed in Eclipse to start and to stop the selenium server and to execute the tests in browser.
- Used Selenium GRID to execute test cases parallel on different target machines.
- Performed SOA testing for Payments API's using SoapUI and Java framework for Web Services testing.
- As part of compatibility testing, executed the workflow manager web application related test cases on different browsers like Internet Explorer and Mozilla Fire Fox on different Operating Systems (validation).
- Wrote and executed SQL’s and PL/SQL’s to do the backend testing.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining the Quality Center for reporting and logging the defects found during functional and regression testing and follow up the bug life cycle.
Environment: Java, Selenium RC/IDE, Quality Center, Eclipse, Junit, Ant, SoapUI, SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle, Windows, UNIX.