- Over 8 years of experience in Software testing in the areas of Web based, Client - Server applications using Manual and Automation testing techniques. Well versed in Automation testing techniques and methodologies.
- Experience in various financial domains. Good knowledge on Banking, Retail, Insurance, Healthcare & Mobile Apps (Android, IOS).
- Excellent understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Test Life Cycle (STLC) and Bug life Cycle and Methods like Waterfall and Agile.
- Experience in Software Development Life Cycle and QA Life Cycle like Agile (Scrum), Waterfall and V-model.
- Proficient in using test automation tools such as Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/Grid, QTP and Mercury Quality Center to develop automation testing scripts for web and client server applications.
- Experienced in performing Back end testing by executing complex SQL queries for validating the data in the back-end database tables.
- Experience in preparing Test strategy, Test plan, Test methodology, Test scenarios, Test summary reports, Test cases and Test documents for both automated and manual testing based on User requirements, System requirements and Use case documents.
- Perform Functional Testing, Regression Testing, System Integration testing, and End to End Testing.
- Develop UAT test scripts coordinated with UAT Governance guidelines/templates and high-level baseline spine followed by executing the tests manually to verify the application functionality.
- Expertise in Automation tool (QTP/UFT) and selenium IDE.
- Create, modify and update SQL queries for data mining to validate /support business decision
- Experience in test Automation by using open source tools such as Selenium, Junit, JMeter, and Appium.
- Experienced in load and performance testing tool JMeter.
- Involved in XML and XML schema validation with XSLT, CSS and XSD.
- Experience in API Testing and automating test scripts using Postman
- Extensively made use of Property Transfer and Data Driven in SOAPUI.
- Perform backend testing to verify data integrity by passing complex SQL queries
- Experience in Planning and execution of Performance, Load and Stress tests for Web applications
- Adept in identifying Test Scenario’s and Writing Test Cases by applying Test Case Design Techniques.
- Experience in writing Test Plans, defining Test Scenarios and Test Cases, developing and maintaining test scripts, analyzing bugs, interacting with development team and track the bugs till closure.
- Experience in Business Functionality Testing, Smoke testing, User Interface testing, Integration Testing, Black Box Testing, End-to-end Testing, Manual Testing, UAT testing, Regression Testing, Performance Testing, Documentation and Reporting.
- Excellent understanding of Test Methodologies and the overall Software Development Life Cycle (RUP and Agile model) from requirements to product release.
- Experienced in database validation and writing SQL queries using PostgreSQL.
- Expertise in performing Back End Testing by writing SQL queries for the purpose of database integrity in MS SQL Server.
- Excellent skill in finding bugs and over defect management, using bug tracking tools - Jira, Quality Center, etc.
- Expertise in working knowledge of Core Java and Object-Oriented Concepts (Inheritance, Polymorphism, Exception Handling, Multi-Threading and Collections).
TEST APPROACHES: Agile, Waterfall, V-model, Scrum models
TESTING TOOLS: Selenium WebDriver, white-box, black-box testing, TestNG, Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Grid, JUnit, Cucumber, JMeter, SoapUI, REST, Postman
TEST BUILD& INTEGRATION TOOLS: Maven, ANT, Jenkins, CCD,TSYS
FRAMEWORKS: Keyword Driven, Data Driven, BDD, Hybrid, Page Object Model (POM)
MARKUP LANGUAGES: HTML, XML, XPath, JSON, CSS Selector
DATABASES: AWS, DB2, MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server
BROWSERS: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari
OPERATING SYSTEMS: Windows, UNIX, LINUX
DEFECT TOOLS: HP Quality Center, JIRA,ALM
MS OFFICE TOOLS: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Access
UTILITIES: Eclipse, GIT, SVN, Visual Studio Code
Confidential, Glendale, WI
QA Automation Tester
- Analysed business requirements and functional documents, created the test strategy document that define the test environment, phases of testing, entrance and exit criteria into different phases of testing and resources required to conduct the effort.
- Responsible for working within a team to create, document and execute testing strategy, test plans, test cases and test scripts in support of a set of global tools, systems, and databases.
- Performed agile testing, reviewed the stories and participated in Daily Scrum, Iteration Planning and Release Planning meeting.
- Linux and Windows Server Administrator skills to accomplish website migrations setup and restore websites and troubleshoot hardware and software issues as they arise.
- Performed API Testing and Created Automation test scripts using Postman
- Design, Develop and Execute load tests using JMeter and Jenkins
- Executed of automated test scripts using JMeter based on business/functional specifications
- Performed the build and maven dependencies using Maven build tool.
- Extensively worked in Regression testing, Parallel Processing using Selenium Web driver in TestNG.
- Developed custom libraries for automation using JAVA & Selenium WebDriver.
- Involved in Web Application GUI automation creating regression suites using Selenium Web Driver, JUnit/TestNG, Eclipse.
- Developed automated test scripts using TestNG annotations like Group, parameter, Data provider.
- Involved in test approach & test case walkthrough, review with peers and test leads. The workgroup consists of business system analysts, developers and architects.
- Used XPath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Created test approach and test cases for logging module.
- Involved in Backend Database manual testing in SQL Server using PostgreSQL.
- Developed SQL scripts, to implement business rules. Manually performed integration and Regression testing, documented bugs and worked with development team to resolve issues.
- Developed and executed SQL queries to verify the proper insertion, deletion and updates into the Oracle supporting tables and cubes.
- Reviewed and analysed the existing test scripts.
- Developed HTML TestNG reports for analysing the output of test using Extent Reports API.
- Maintained user documentation with TestNG output screenshots for User acceptance testing (UAT).
- Developed synchronization using implicit and explicit wait conditions.
- Incorporated the test data in Test scripts from Excel using Apache POI API.
- Created automation scripts using Selenium Hybrid and Data-driven development framework.
- Developed Back-end testing using complex queries to retrieve the user information to cross validate in UI and databases.
- Maintained the Java and selenium test source code and resources in the SVN source control repository tool.
- Analysed test results, tracked the defects and generated reports using JIRA.
- Prepared the data to cover various scenarios and wrote SQL scripts to verify the database updates, inserts and deletion of the records.
- Followed Agile testing methodology, participated in daily status meetings and testing each deliverable.
- Tested applications in different types of browsers (cross-browser testing) and versions, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome to simulate production environment.
- Developed features and test scripts using BDD (Behaviour driven development) in Cucumber.
- Developed Cucumber html, JSON test reports for analysing the test outputs.
- Good Knowledge on Kubernetes and Docker.
- Participated QA weekly meetings and various other meetings and discusses enhancement and modification request issues and defects in the application.
Confidential, Beaverton, OR
- Responsible for analyzing business, functional and IT requirement documents and prepare complete Test Plans including system test plan, integration test plan, QA project plans and resource planning and allocation.
- Created JMeter Test Cases to measure performance and functionality of web services.
- Performance test development for 'Continuous Benchmarking' using JMeter and Jenkins
- Create, schedule and run the scenarios using JMeter and generate necessary graphs.
- Extensively involved in writing and testing the test cases using JUnit.
- Utilized testing tool JUnit extensively for the integration testing and unit testing.
- Designed and Developed Test Cases for automated testing using Selenium, JUNIT and Eclipse IDE.
- Setup and Configured the testing environment with Eclipse, JUNIT, Selenium RC server and Selenium Java client driver.
- Involved in Writing Maven build dependencies to automate the compilation and execution of JUNIT test cases/suites.
- Converted all manual test cases into Selenium automated scripts using Java.
- Wrote and executed automated test cases using Selenium Web Driver to automate manual testing solutions.
- Involved in the complete Performance Test Cycle promoting it to the User Acceptance Testing.
- Worked on Agile/SCRUM environment.
- Stored the flow details of Selenium Automation in a file using Log4j.
- Created the Execution result sheet, Execution plan, Completion report documents for Functional testing.
- Presented progress of the testing process at walkthroughs and inspections.
- Worked with Developers, Business analysts and Project managers to determine requirements (H/W specs, Test Cases, Test Data).
- Conducted User Acceptance Test (UAT) with users and customers and wrote issues log based on outcome of UAT.
- Wrote BDD UAT using Gherkin format and implemented the step definitions using Cucumber.
- Involved in the daily standup meetings with Sr. Business Analyst and managers and understood various process plans, business process, and functionality in detail.
- Initiated and participated in conference calls, walkthrough and review meetings.
Environment: JMeter, JUnit, Selenium Web Driver, Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Cucumber, TestNG Eclipse, Oracle, MSWord, MS Excel, Windows, Agile.
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
- Developed automation test scripts in Selenium based on the manual scripts.
- In depth understanding of Object-Oriented Programming and skilled in developing automated test scripts in Selenium .
- Designed data-driven testing framework in Selenium and captured data dynamically from web controls.
- Creating and executing scripts in Selenium automation using Selenium WebDriver and Python and used Visual Studio Test to automate test cases.
- Experience writing automation scripts for monitoring and notification tools using Python
- Design develop and implemented Page Object Model Pattern based Keyword Driven automation testing framework utilizing Selenium Web-Driver.
- Wrote and maintained Automated Web UI & Back-End Tests using python & Robot Framework.
- Hands on experience using MS Visual Studio, doing backend testing using Python scripting, Java script etc.
- Used Selenium WebDriver APIs for writing JUnit test suites and test cases for testing functionality.
- Done Code Management for upstream and downstream modules in Visual Studio.
- Planned/wrote POS new function test plan, test cases & regression tests; suggested and enhanced testing process.
- Used Python and Django creating graphics, XML processing, data exchange and business logic implementation.
- Created and executed database queries (SQL) to validate database data integrity
- Developed test scripts in Selenium for inserting records into oracle tables.
- Used SOAPUI (use of groovy script) for test data setup in Test Driven Development.
- Identified software capability and reliability by conducting functional, system, and regression and performance testing.
- Developed ASP.NET web pages (C# code behind) for authentication, registration, maintenance, documents uploading and faculty approval system
- ASP.NET web application and .NET components hosted in Windows 2000
- Installing and configuring Apache and supporting them on Linux production servers.
- Documented and reported test outcomes by collecting, analyzing, interpreting and summarizing data to development team.