- Around 6 years of experience in E - commerce Domain as a Quality Assurance analyst in manual testing, automated testing with client servers/ Applications.
- Experience in Developing Automation of REST API’s based web services to facilitate communication between client and servers.
- Experience in Automation testing using Rest Assured framework and Selenium Web Driver.
- Experienced in all stages of Software development life cycle (SDLC) and methods like Agile, waterfall, TDD and BDD.
- Working experience with defect tracking tools like JIRA, Rally and HP Quality Center.
- Sound knowledge on Rest Assured Testing framework for Unit testing, Jenkins for Continuous Integration.
- Good experience in testing both SOAP and REST web services using SOAP UI and Rest Assured and Tested both XML and JSON formats. Also Performed Web services API Testing.
- Involved in entire QA Life Cycle, which includes Designing and Execution of the entire QA Process and Documentation of Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Procedures and Test Scripts for Manual and Automated Testing using Interactive tools.
- Involved in discussions with the client and the functional team while working on Agile Projects and participating in SCRUM’s.
- Hands on experience in Regression testing, Black box testing, White Box Testing, Batch testing, Functional Testing, Ad hoc testing, Integration testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) etc.
- Good exposure on Eclipse IDE and Selenium Web Driver for customizing automation test scripts.
- Experienced in backend testing and capable of writing the required SQL for validation of data accuracy and Proficient with SQL Server.
- Experience with Cross functional teams and Good analytical, communication skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also perform as part of a team.
Testing Tools: Rest API Testing using Postman and Cortex elastic path (EP), Selenium Web Driver, SoapUI, Win Runner, Load Runner, Quick Test Professional.
Languages/ Web technologies: C, C#, .Net, HTML, Java, Ruby, Python, Cucumber, SOA, SQL, TSL, PL/SQL, XML.
Tools: Jenkins CI/CD, Bitbucket, GIT.
Project Methodologies: Agile-Scrum, Waterfall, Test Driven and Behavior Driven.
Defect Tracking Tools: Jira, Rally, HP Quality center, Rational Clear Quest, Test Director.
Databases: Oracle SQL Developer, MYSQL.
Sr. Quality Analyst
- Worked on automating scripts for new e-commerce engine and which went live holding major NPI launches in the year 2017 which generated the 200 Million revenue as of Oct 2017 with 200% annual growth.
- Worked and involved with the Operational automated pipeline and reduced the manual tasks (waste) for every release which reduced the OpenX by 400%
- Implemented the continuous improvement processes on Test Automation, Test Maturity Models (TMM) which increased our efficiency and quality of Digital Commerce Platform.
- Performed Functional, Integration, Unit and Regression testing of different environments like QAT, SVT, UAT and Production.
- Working with Dev teams to improve the test coverage by leveraging unit tests.
- Executing the test cases in Elastic Path Cortex server and POSTMAN to validate the response. Performed Database Validations using SQL Developer.
- Involved in grooming sessions and meetings with business team for the requirement review and test scenarios for different user stories.
- Developed Test Plans, Test Cases as per functional requirements in Rally and JIRA. Tracked defects using JIRA and Rally. Created Traceability Matrix to make sure Requirements to test cases are covered.
- Involved in Triage meetings, Pre-Production and Post- Production issue management and defect tracking.
- Worked with fellow SDET’s, DevOps and Release & Delivery teams, Technical Delivery Management of onsite, offshore teams spread cross world and built the world-class commerce engine.
- Determined test objectives through detailed analysis in order to automate features comprehensively.
- Worked on planning and implementing automated test cases based on software requirements and technical understanding, as well as worked on extending the current test automation infrastructure to be more efficient, both in execution and reporting.
- Worked on maintaining Maven Build scripts to run Sanity, Unit and Regression Test scripts developed in Rest Assured Framework.
- Involved in the Continuous Integration of the automation framework with Jenkins. Experience working in agile teams with a BDD approach.
- Developed a Test plan based on testing requirements and created Test cases in Rally/ JIRA.
- Documented and reported test outcomes by collecting, analyzing, interpreting and summarizing data to development team and higher management.
- Assisted in reproducing, investigating and debugging software issues in coordination with the development team. Executed database queries (SQL) to validate database data integrity.
Confidential, Irving, TX
QA Automation Engineer
- Extensively Involved in Business Requirements meetings along with Business Analysts and Development leads.
- Extensively worked on Agile Scrum methodology throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Worked on native mobile app and web testing for platforms including android and iOS.
- Ensured smooth deployment and public releases of the mobile/web applications.
- Developed automation scripts using Selenium WebDriver integrated with Eclipse.
- Involved in running Test scripts on different browsers using the Selenium WebDriver.
- Developed re-usable function using Junit for the Test Automation.
- Automating regression/functional scenarios using Protractor-Cucumber and Selenium Web-driver automation frameworks.
- Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Worked on providing the efficient locators strategy like XPath and CSS to run WebDriver script in stable condition.
- Worked on SOAP UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API.
- Preparation and execution of test scripts using Junit to perform regression testing.
- Involved in writing unique XPath using firebug and fire path to identify web elements.
- Involved in tracking and reporting defects using Quality Center and was also responsible for communicating the status to the development team.
- Developed and executed SQL queries in the database to conduct Data integrity testing by checking the data tables on the server.
Confidential, Irving, TX
- Involved in native Mobile app testing with iOS and Android Essentials including cross-browser testing.
- Performed mobile testing on various mobile devices such as iOS, Android.
- Installed and used Emulator to perform mobile test execution for iOS, Android and Involved in preparing Test Plan and Test Cases based on business requirements.
- Tested and coordinated mobile applications in both Native and Web environments and validated the mobile application.
- Performed browser compatibility and configuration testing on operating systems such as Android OS & iOS.
- Tested the UI of the end product on PC, Android and Apple platforms to ensure that language translation and Currency conversions were displaying as required.
- Worked on Creating and implementing Test Plan and Test Strategy Document outlining the scope, objectives, timeline and focus of software testing effort for functional, regression, user acceptance testing.
- Developed and Implemented automation using Selenium Web Driver and Java. Used Eclipse IDE to develop & debug the code.
- Working within agile development teams with a BDD approach and supporting the developers to quality assure developments early.
- Executed test data and regression tests scripts after a release to ensure system is functioning properly and no new issues have arisen and provided daily status updates to the respective track leads.
- Involved and responsible for creating Daily and weekly status reports regarding the progress of testing process.
- Tested the GUI Application (online forms and screens) and did analysis on the Paper based form to be as accurate as the online application.
- Extensively used Selenium (XPath and CSS locators) to test the web application.
- Conducted backend testing using SQL queries to validate data for database and Used SQL queries for retrieving data from database for executing user specific test cases.
- Worked on JIRA for Defects management. Developed UAT test cases for End to End testing.
- Involved in preparing Test Plans for each release, wrote Test Cases and executed them as part of Functional Testing. Prepared Test Reports and Deliverables and submitted for version releases.
- Prepared Test Cases in Quality center that would test various Test scenarios.