- QA professional with in - depth knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Testing Methodologies with 8 plus years of experience in IT industry, proven hands-on skills in manual and automation testing, well versed in scripting and software quality assurance process & procedures of client-server and web applications.
- Thorough understanding of all stages of SDLC, Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and software development methodologies like Agile-Scrum, waterfall, and V-Model.
- Strong experience in financial, banking, eCommerce, KYC as well as publishing domains with different environments like Java, .Net and Windows.
- Expertise in analyzing Business Requirements, Functional and Technical designs and extracting relevant test strategies, test plans, test scenarios, test cases, traceability matrix and test analysis report.
- Solid experience in various types of testing such as System, Integration, Functional, Performance, Stress, Backend, Sanity, and Regression testing on CI/CD environment.
- Experience in Automation Testing using Selenium-WebDriver (Java), HP Quick Test Professional, SoapUI, Jmeter and LoadRunner.
- Hands on experience and good knowledge in various testing frameworks such as Keyword Driven, Data Driven and Hybrid Frameworks.
- Good understanding of behavior driven development (BDD) testing tools like Cucumber in automation testing.
- Expertise in Defect Reporting, Analyzing, Tracking and Report Generation using various Bug Tracking Tools.
- Strong experience in Backend Testing using SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle DB and building SQL, PL/SQL statements and clauses.
- Interpersonal and problem-solving skills and working in DOD (department of defense) project with various teams such as Development, Business Analysts and Product owners in agile environment.
- Organized, self-motivated, enthusiastic, personable, multi-focused, attention to detail and ability to meet project milestones and deliverable, able to work independently or in a team. Always keen to advance and learn new technologies and trends.
- Highly committed and possess good interpersonal and communication skills. Work closely with clients to analyze business requirements and participate in building user stories and project specifications.
Languages (Environment): JAVA, XML, HTML, Visual Basic, .Net and Oracle PL/SQL.
Testing Tools (Automation & Manual): Selenium WebDriver, HP ALM, QTP/UFT, Quality Center, LoadRunner, SoapUI, SAP MDM, Content Management System Scoop-Word press (CMS), AS/400, Zephyr, Maven, Katalon Studio/Recorder, JAWS Inspect, JAWS 2020 (508 testing) and Postman
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, and Toad
Change Management: HP-QC/Application lifecycle management (ALM), Bugzilla, Jira, Confluence, Mingle
Methodologies: Agile-Scrum, Waterfall, CMM
Operating Systems: MS Windows, macOS, NT, Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Application Packages: Microsoft Office, Microsoft Visual Studio
CI & Version Control Tool: Apache Subversion (TortoiseSVN), GitHub, Jenkins, and TeamCity
Editors/IDE: Eclipse and IntelliJ IDEA
Test Automation Engineer
- Playing a vital role as a QA team member identifying business logic and developing Integration test scripts (Large Solution Lebel in Safe Agile) for NBIS applications
- Working on Automation scripts using Selenium-WebDriver in Hybrid framework
- API and Webservice testing using SoapUI (ReadyAPI) and Postman
- Integration, Release patch test and 508 validation using JAWS Inspect
- Develop and convert unit test cases to functional test cases using Katalon Studio
- Participated in Test Plan preparation, Test Documentations reviewed and approved by DISA personnel
- Work with multiple stakeholders to review Integration test business logic, Stories, use cases and unit test cases.
- Develop full pledge integration test cases and identify areas for Automation Test scripts
- Closely work with infrastructure team and perform validation for CA pam Client test environment in GFE (Government Furnished Equipment) as part of functional and health check for NBIS applications (IM, eAPP and PDT)
- Perform end of Sprint peer review and update regression test cases in suites for new and additional changes and gaps if any
- Participate in Daily Standup, Defect Triage and Daily Hot-Wash meetings to update daily activities, impediments, blockers and issues.
- Available to assist the team in delivering on-time and per schedule given by the Gov.
QA Automation Engineer in Test
- Involved in gathering specifications and requirements from business personnel prior to testing.
- Developed and executed test plans and test cases with strong emphasis in solving technical challenges and shorten the test cycle through automation.
- Wrote test Scripts and prepared test data for Automation tests using Selenium WebDriver tool.
- Created, executed, and troubleshooted automated test scenarios across various systems.
- Developed Selenium WebDriver scripts as a part of regression testing for the bi-weekly build using Java.
- Using POM and Maven built projects for each sprint regression and contributed to the building of a continuous Integration (CI) environment and ongoing process improvement activities.
- Executed System, Integration, End-to-End, and User Acceptance Test (UAT) test cases for Web-based applications manually as needed.
- Worked with Development, Test and Product Management to design and implement test and validation strategies.
- Developed SQL Queries and Procedures to perform database testing.
- Used Jira for test case, defect tracking and reporting test results.
- Regularly followed up with Project Manager, Development Team to discuss discrepancies identified during testing and performance tuning.
- Implemented and executed proper QA processes within team to make the QA role more effective and efficient.
Quality Assurance (Test) Analyst
- Analyzed business, system, and data mapping requirement specifications interacting with client and stakeholders.
- Participated in creation and implementation of Test Plan and Test Strategy document outlining the scope, objectives, timeline and focus of software testing effort for functional, regression, user acceptance and stress testing.
- Involved in automation and developed frameworks like Data Driven, Keyword Driven, Hybrid and POM using Selenium WebDriver, JAVA, and TestNG.
- Wrote test scenarios for use by the end user, developed test plans and executed test cases for manual testing.
- Bug reporting, tracking, verifying bug fixes with development team and updated status in ALM
- Worked in BDD environment and developed BDD scripts using Cucumber for automation. Sanity testing and On-Demand testing/Ad hoc testing was performed after each build.
- Actively involved in Back-End testing to verify data integrity, data quality and table manipulations of relational database systems by writing complex SQL queries using Oracle SQL developer.
- Regression test cases written and automated using UFT and posted on Quality Center. Also automated regression and sanity test scripts using selenium-WebDriver in Java.
- Took part in Triage Meetings with the required parties after defect analysis for prioritization and defect resolution.
- Utilized HP ALM for mapping test requirements, test plans, defects and communicating among team members and developers.
- Worked closely with development and project management teams for effective defect management. Verified resolved bugs and tracked enhancements made to product.
- Trained users before UAT on how to test and document the test results. Also Effectively Transferred Knowledge to end user for usability purposes.
- Implemented Test Closure Report to track and report testing activities during each phase of testing, including test results, test case coverage, required resources, logged defects and their status.
- Reported the Coverage status of test performed on daily/weekly basis.