- A quality assurance software analyst with extensive experience in software testing, agile methodology, and working in scrum development teams. Stewarded issues from identification to resolution with focus on elaboration and collaboration. Proactively engaged in knowledge transfer activities. Detail - oriented professional with demonstrated strengths in analysis and communication to deliver superior quality service.
- Agile Testing
- TFS & Jira
Software QA Analyst
- Wrote 30+ testing scripts from developer and stakeholder suggested criteria to drive automated regression testing.
- Planned and directed functional, non-functional, integration and UI testing on production releases.
- Wrote numerous detailed test cases in Microsoft TFS for manual regression testing of a proprietary application for interactive data analysis.
- Reproduced user reported bugs and analyzed run logs to clarify root causes. Modified example runs as needed to reduce run time yet still demonstrate defects. Identified new bugs through directed and exploratory testing activities.
- Documented hundreds of bugs found over a three-year period in Microsoft TFS and Atlassian Jira.
- Worked as part of a scrum team of ten developers distributed between local office and remote office in Bengaluru, India. Team worked on new feature development and bug fixes to proprietary data processing and analysis applications.
- Completed 74 two-week scrum sprints over a three-year period. Proactively participated in sprint review, retrospective, planning, and daily stand-up meetings.
- Represented team in semi-weekly continuous improvement idea exchange at department level.
- Elaborated bugs and PBIs for user stories, descriptions, acceptance criteria, and story points in collaboration with business stakeholders and developers.
- Conducted agile testing during new feature development to provide early feedback.
- Learned usage of two vendor and two proprietary data analysis applications. Documented knowledge with 100+ pages of wiki content and numerous videos containing usage and testing tips. Information used by developers and end-users.
- Developed a physics domain primer course for IT professionals. Presented to 30+ developer, infrastructure, and supervisory staff members.
Software QA Analyst
- Conducted bug identification, issue tracking with Microsoft TFS, regression testing, and performance testing.
- Explained defects to developers to assure understanding of key issues.
- Responsible for workflow design, quality control, and schedule adherence to successful completion.
- Managed support requests and update installation for Linux vendor software.
- Collaborated with customer support, IT infrastructure, and system administrative staff to resolve issues.