- Computer/EE Engineer with experience in System Integration and Test, QA and Software Development in the areas of Smart Grid Metering, 2G/3G/4G LTE wireless communication, Access Points, telecommunications, satellite communication, and 3D modeling. Proficient in team lead role, functional testing of systems, protocol testing, software development of tools to test and analyze systems, and developing needed components for labs.
- Protocol parsers /servers, Device Drivers, lab simulation, control, and 3D modeling tools.
- C, C++, Robot Framework, Python VB, LabVIEW, TCL, PERL, Expect, Simkin, shell, Autolisp, VHDL, Pascal, Assembly.
- 3G, HSDPA, GAN, HNB, femtocell, VoIP GW/GK, GSM, satellite, Class 5, PBX
- Linux, VxWorks, Windows, Sun Spark, pSOS, Vax, Cisco Routers and Layer 2 switches, VME, UNIX, DOS
- MGTS, Microsoft Office, Jira, X - RAY AP Test, Bad Boy, AutoCAD, DCA, CPS3, Clearcase, Test Director, Tekelec, Chameleon, MA-10, k1297, k1103, DNA, SQL, Oracle, CVS Configuration Management.
- CoAP, YANG, 802.15, IPv4, IPv6, ZigBee, DHCP, XML, 3G RANAP, RUA, UMA, ATM, M3UA, SCTP, SCCP, DNS, H.248, RADIUS, GSM, MGCP, TCP/IP, PRI ISDN, VoIP, V.42bis, SS7, SNMP, 802.11, LDAP, sLDAP.
Senior QA Engineer
- Test Lead for QA testing of six product lines: Skypilot commercial mesh WAN equipment, SecureMesh smart grid WAN equipment, EMS Skypilot provisioning, NEMS (NMS) SecureMesh XML, SNMP, CoAP provisioning of IPv4/IPv6 interacting to 802.15 NAN Smart Grid communications.
- The WAN product uses 802.11 modulations with synchronized timing and mesh increasing distance while maintaining high speed data transfer with minimal delay. The EMS/NEMS provides a web browser interface, WAN configuration and DHCP and DHCP controls.
- The smart grid collectors and routers use a customized 802.15 transition to collect meter data transferred over the WAN equipment. The environment has been updated to support HTML5 browser controls, RESTful API, device certificate base security and IPv6 routing to all metering devices.
- Responsibility - developed feature test cases, test execution, test plan, test/bug tracking, led bug reviews and team stand-ups, lab development, and lab network development.
- Executed both auto and manual test collecting and analyzing functionality and messaging. Construct advanced labs and IT configuration for both wired and wireless communications.
- Tested: Auto/manual provisioning, API, HTML5, QOS classifiers, encryption, DHCP, GPS, NTP, Google Earth, discovery, ACL, Filters, SNMP, CoAP, traps, North bound interface, software/firmware upgrade, VLAN, Web interface, Alarms, Data collection confirmation, performance, endurance, database migration, WAN equipment WiFi AP, NAN collector and meter status reporting and collecting, collector WAN and cellular communications, IPv6 networking and CoAP communications to devices.
Senior QA Engineer
- Tested threshold conditions for cell selection and roaming algorithms for GSM signal management, comms hub functionality, attribute management, configuration management, meter set device management, certificate-based security, ZigBee library cluster, commands and attributes.
- Extensive international travel to finalize requirements, customer acceptance and product joint integration.
- Developed a tool command domain allowing multiple simulators to start from a single definition. Five projects around 1000 scenarios were developed for both success and error cases. Several ran six simulators in parallel. The tool allowed for single command execution and log storage to CVS with a rapid modeling feature to allow test cases to be based off existing call flows. In house tool development lead to affordable testing that was always on time. Tool was developed in TCL, simkin, c shell and C++. Message formats were stored in XML.
- Tested protocols conformance for voice, video and data supporting HNBAP, M3UA, Megaco H.248, RANAP, S1 radius, SCCP, STCP, system call flow messaging, intra femtocell and HNB relocation.
- Wrote test cases for relocation call processing, Hot Swap management, access points, femtocells, HNB, Differential Billing, SAC override, AAA and have been involved in testing all features related to the system.
- Tested call processing CS and PS services for voice, emergency calls, data, video, registration, security, discovery and registration. Web based ISM, security administration, configuration management, software download, Hot Swap, Chasses management. Media gateway interactions, Authentication center AAA and access protocols for five different types of platforms. SNMP communications, SNMP traps, alarming, Key Performance Indicators KPI, usage pegs, Location Based Services, service area and billing features. Intra HNB and femtocell mobility management with relocation and rove. HNB, femtocell, GAN handout and rove to 2G/3G public networks. Voice bearing and signaling over IP and ATM, Wideband AMR. Core Network interaction and resets.