- Over 13 years of experience in the field of Software Quality Control and testing with emphasis on sanity, functional, backend and regression testing of web - based and standalone applications.
- Extensive experience in manual testing, automation testing using test tools like QTP 9.5, Quality Center, Selenium 2.45.0, Team Foundation Server (TFS), backend testing involving writing SQL queries, testing scripts for Oracle 11g, Microsoft SQL Server and validating data within Cognos Reports.
- Good communication and team leadership skills.
- Self-motivated and take pride in work.
Operating Systems: Windows 11, Linux and Solaris
Tools: Quickest Pro, WinRunner, LoadRunner, QualityCenter/TestDirector, ClearQuest, TFS, Selenium Web driver, HP ALM, Jira, Team Foundation Server 2013, Eclipse, Apache JMeter
Databases: Oracle11g, SQL Server 2008, Sybase 11.0, MS-Access
Data Warehousing Tools: Informatica, Ab Initio, Business Objects and Cognos
Packages: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
Languages: Java, SQL, PL/SQL, HTML, XML
Senior Automation Test Engineer
- Develop the test plan and collaborate with participants required to mitigate the risks to maintain system quality and obtain stakeholder support
- Lead automation test effort and work closely with team members to automate the execution and verification of various components
- Identify risks and work proactively to mitigate the same
- Using Selenium tool prepared reusable functions, which improve the robustness, re-usability, and maintainability of the test scripts
Environment: .NET, Java Script, Team Foundation Server 2013, Selenium 2.45.0, SQL Server Management Studio v 18.2, Windows XP, UNIX, Windows SharePoint Services, VB, .Net
Test Lead / Automation Test Engineer
- Provide defect metrics and reports, test schedule, estimated and actual level of effort and status reports to senior management.
- Analyse Business Requirements, Business Test Cases and Functional Test Cases and prepare automation test plan. Prepare test cases based on Gap Analysis report.
- Develop Automation Framework and approach implementation using Selenium test scripts, reusable automation components and parameterized scripts
- Perform backend testing extensively using SQL queries to verify database integrity
- Provided needed support including after business hours for successful completion of testing effort
Environment: Java, Java Script, HP ALM Quality Center 11.0, Selenium 2.45.0, Oracle11g, Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Windows XP, UNIX, Windows Services, Windows SharePoint Services, VB, .Net, Rapid SQL, Informatica and Business Objects
Confidential, Bowie, MD
Senior Test Engineer
- ETL testing using SQL queries and Stored Procedures
- Used Team Foundation Server TFS to support agile development, add the sprint tasks and enter defects. The defects are linked with SBT, PBI in the tool.
- Tested system to system interfaces (Data Mapping, FTP, and XML) and backend data validation using SQL queries, SQL Server and SQL Server Management Studio.
Environment: Data Warehousing, QTP 9.5, Test Manager, Team Foundation Server, Visual Studio, Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Windows XP, SSRS Reports, Dashboard Reports, Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
Confidential, Herndon VA
Senior Test Engineer
- Tested the conversion of Costpoint from client/server base architecture to a web-based platform
- Performed Functional, Regression, and System Integration testing; created test plans, unit and system test cases, and defect tractability matrix based on test specifications. Created and executed test scenarios and prepared manual test cases using HP Quality Center.
- Involved in Automation Framework and scripts for the front-end application using Selenium IDE
Environment: Java, ColdFusion, SQL, Cognos 10, Java Script, HP ALM Quality Center 11.0, Oracle11g, Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Windows XP, UNIX, Windows Services, Pervasive Tool, TFS, Windows SharePoint Services
- Created and maintained required deliverables, test schedule, scripts and produced metrics on test progress using PVCS Tracker.
- Tested system to system interfaces (Flat File, Data Mapping, FTP, and XML) and backend data validation using SQL queries, ODBC, IDMS, Oracle, MS Access, and Toad.
- Created defect metrics, provided estimations, developed defect reports, and provided estimated and actual level of effort and status reports to management.
Environment: UNIX, ColdFusion, Oracle, Test Partner, .NET, PVCS Tracker, Microsoft Access, Windows 2000, UNIX, Windows SharePoint Services.
- Followed Confidential guidelines and ensured all required deliverables were created and delivered
- Created and maintained required deliverables; developed the test plan, test schedule, scripts and produced metrics on test progress reports using Quality Center
- Created automation framework for ETL processes using AI Compare component
- Reported progress to management; collected test status from the test team members, created weekly status reports, and reported on testing status
Environment: Ab Initio 2.14, Business Objects 2.0, Quality Center 9.0, Oracle10g, .Net, Microsoft Access, Windows 2000, UNIX
- Developed test cases according to functional requirements.
- Tested system to system interfaces (Data Mapping, FTP, and XML) and tested backend data validation using SQL queries, ODBC, IDMS, Oracle, MS Access, and Toad
- Provided defect metrics and reports, estimations, estimated and actual level of effort and status reports to management
Environment: QTP 8.2, Test Director, J2EE, .Net, Microsoft Access, Windows 2000, UNIX