- Software Quality Assurance Engineer with extensive experience in medical device, financial and networking industry.
- Strong knowledge of software development life cycle, quality engineering concepts (agile development), testing methodologies and techniques.
- Experienced in Manual, Black and White Box testing of Standalone, Client/Server, WEB related applications and Relational Databases.
- Expertise in developing fully automated test - bed infrastructures. Extensive experience with different GUI automation tools.
- Strong in developing and executing manual and automated GUI, functional, acceptance, integration and regression testing.
- Proficient in developing and implementing test plans, test cases, other test documentation.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, build/release engineering groups, product managers, developers, QA teams and technical support to coordinate testing efforts and resolve project issues and bugs.
- Reporting software defects using different Bug Tracking Systems.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals. Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Experienced in fast-paced, startup and FDA regulated environments.
- Strong problem-solving skills. Highly analytical and detail oriented. Able to pick up new technologies easily and quickly, handle multiple projects concurrently. Experienced in leading small teams.
Operating Systems: Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP/NT/2000, UNIX/LINUX, MS DOS.
Software and Tools: CVS, MSVSS, Perforce, Code Collaborator, Rally, GreenHopper, VMware.
Test Automation: SilkTest (Segue/Borland), QTP, Selenium, WinRunner, Visual Test.
Bug Tracking Systems: MS TFS, Jira, Bugzilla, TeamTrack, SofFront Track, StarTeam, ClearQuest, Mantis, Clarify.
Sr. Software QA Engineer
- Worked on a highly sophisticated medical device application, encompassing many different areas including but not limited to: mobile applications, user interface, and workflow. Was responsible for testing new applications and features, improving system workflow and usability, existing product and addressing anomalies.
- Led testing of ARTAS Enterprise Services and ARTAS Key Client features.
- Led testing of several ARTAS components on Robot side.
- Performed functional and ad-hoc testing of Harvesting, Site Making and Implantation workflows. Executed Test Protocols for major and clinic releases.
- Analyzed requirements, design, and implementation of software components for a hair restoration treatment planning system.
- Broke down concept and large/complex test problems into achievable and measurable tasks.
- Troubleshot software and system issues referred by field service engineers and technical support. Reported software issues, verified bugs and work items.
- Prepared and implement software test plans, designs, objectives and cases. Prepared DCR, V&V and Test Reports
- Participated in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, or potential problems.
- Took active part in R&D clinics support
- Built work relationship and worked closely and collaboratively with other QA and DEV cross-functional teams to define standards and best practices for design, coding and testing.
Sr. Software Engineer in Quality
Confidential, Mountain View, CA
- Drove the test effort for Small Business Accounting Software - “QuickBooks Enterprise Solution,” working with several initiatives throughout the entire product lifecycle.
- Performed Automated testing of Confidential Data Protect service, financial transactions and different application features using SilkTest.
- Performed Automated testing of new Data Model and QB Advance Reporting feature utilizing SQL/SDK knowledge to implement a process to validate DB views and create gold master copies in Sybase.
- Tested software security enhancements, hosting services and RSA encryption/decryption process.
- In Agile environment - participated in planning and daily scrum meetings. Drove code reviews, test design meetings, performing root cause analysis of defects ensuring high standard of test coverage.
- Wrote Test Cases for tested features, creating testing documentation, writing Reports, performing Demos.
- Participated in Quality Release meetings, Quality Jams, Multi-User and Innovation sessions.
- Worked with cross-functional team ensuring delivery to production of software targeted to QBES customers.
Sr. Software QA Engineer
Confidential, Redwood City, CA
- Led full cycle of testing process for all components of DMI Integration Project.
- Performed functional, integration and regression testing of different components of complex CRM project.
- Performed front-end and back-end testing of “ Confidential Inventory Management System.”
- Tested .Net4 services, SSIS packages for importing inventory files and data validation.
- Created, run SQL queries and store procedures, analyzed results.
- Created and maintained Test Plans, Test Cases, and Test Logs, using HP Quality Center.
- Generated and distributed Bug Reports, Test Reports, and Test Summary documents.
Sr. Software QA Engineer
- Performed system testing of “FirePass SSL VPN” product that provides secure remote access using Web technology.
- Performed automated and manual testing of “Secure Access Manager” software, reverse proxy, Windows Mobile device’ clients, special Java based WEB applications (VNC, Telnet, Citrix).
- Tested Outlook and Domino servers Web Access via F5 reverse proxy engine.
- Designed and set up test environments including client and backend servers and other network equipment.
- Created, managed and maintained SilkTest Automation Framework, for automated testing project.
- Developed automated scripts, wrote function library. Performed automated testing of HotFixes.
- Created test plans based on product documentation and functional specifications.
- Created, documented, executed test procedures, and test sessions with AppTest tool.
- Collected, analyzed, documented and reported test results. Managed small QA automation team.
- Drove software quality assurance life cycle as a part of agile process. Participated in daily Scrum meetings.
Sr. Software QA Engineer
- Automated and manual testing of “Primary Response” - host- based security application that provides automated detection and prevention of attacks at the OS kernel level on Win, Solaris and Linux platforms.
- Conducted acceptance, regression, system and integration testing during data migration from SQL Server to Oracle Database.
- Developed and ran test automation scripts in expanding regression coverage and automating feature tests, using Perl and WinRunner. Ran Apache JMeter scripts and analyzed results.
- Evaluated existing test plans/procedures and created new plans where necessary. Modifying Test Plans and Test Cases upon extending supporting platforms, developing new features and GUI implementations.
- Worked with other team members to develop testing strategies and solve problems.
- Wrote and maintained test/training result reports and weekly status.
- Wrote, verified, and clarified software bug reports, using Mantis bug- tracking system.
Sr. System Test Engineer
- Black and White box testing of FPGA/ASIC software model and Linux-based embedded system for “Web Security Gateway, ” from earlier stages of development to the final release.
- Developed and maintained fully automated system for testing: HTTP conformance (header controls, persistent connection) and Caching features (HTTP cache-control headers and cache configuration parameters).
- All automated scripts were developed using Perl, and were based on corresponding RFCs, functional specifications and marketing requirements.
- Performed functional, regression and integration testing of Web Security Gateway in Client/Server infrastructure using command line interface, socket programming, and automated Perl scripts.
- Configured web security gateway in forward- and reverse-proxy modes and traced network problems using Ethereal network packet analyzer.
- Analyzed log files, plotted data and statistic results, made recommendations.
- Discovered bugs, reported failures and assertions, and discussed them with developers.
- Wrote test plans and test cases based on engineering specifications and PRDs.
Sr. Test Automation Engineer
- Black and White box testing of real-time Intrusion Detection Systems, PGP, Active Firewalls, and Virtual Private Network applications (“SyberCop Network”, “SyberCop Scanner”, “Gauntlet Firewall”).
- Assisted in defining the automated testing strategy, responsible for overseeing the design and implementation of automated test scripts. Designed test code and integrated automated project with Perl, SilkTest and Visual Test scripts for surveillance of network traffic.
- Developed automated tracking of presence of a new build on remote server, downloaded software, ran acceptance test and sent network notifications with acceptance results.
- Developed, implemented, modified automated projects for GUI, functional, and regression testing of different network security products using SilkTest and Visual Test tools.
- Performed automated testing of local and remote products’ installation.
- Documented, analyzed test results and made recommendations.
Senior Software QA Engineer
- Testing of “Instant Office” - remote administration application integrating Private Branch Exchange (PBX), Computer Telephony Integration (CTI), and voice, data and Internet connection.
- Functional, GUI, acceptance and regression testing of Java Applets. Controlling Registry settings and Relational Database entries. Participated in performing of complex tasks to develop, apply and maintain default settings for VNI product, including network settings, TCP/IP configuration.
- Developed and maintained setup procedures for Remote Administration application. Developed steps were incorporated into main installation procedure and were used throughout the company - until complete Auto Install process became available.
- Reviewed UI design. Analyzed bugs, tracking serious problems encountered with non-operational applets and design problems. Reported lack of functionality and compliance with industry standards.
- Supervised daily testing of CTI applications, provided guidance to Jr. Team members.