- Around 6 years of experience in Quality Assurance includes skills of Manual Testing, Functional Integration Testing, System Integration Testing, ETL/Data warehouse Testing, Big data Testing, SAP BO report testing, Tableau Report Testing, Cross stream project Testing, Data Migration Testing.
- Extensive ETL testing experience using Informatica Power Center 9.1 (Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor and Repository Manager) and created test scripts for source to target mapping rules to test the functionality of the Informatica graphs.
- Extensively involved in Big Data testing using Microsoft Analytical Platform System. Involved in data ingestion/Enrichment into HDFS using Microsoft APS and Sqoop for full load and incremental load on variety of sources(flat files, web server, RDBMS and Data API's).
- Good hands on experience in ETL tool - SQL Server Integration Services(SSIS)
- Good Knowledge of Database Systems - Oracle 10g/11g, SQL server 2008/2012/2013 , DB2 and Data ware house concepts.
- Extensive experience in developing SQL scripts to validate the business logics to load database tables.
- Experience in RDBMS, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, MS Access, DB2 associated SQL Programming.
- Proficient in troubleshooting database issues and experienced in performance tuning of long running queries.
- Strong understanding of Data Modeling in data warehouse environment such as star schema and snow flake schema.
- Experience in Batch systems scheduling and processing (Autosys).
- Well-versed with all stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and Defect Life cycle.
- Excellent knowledge on overall Testing concepts (Requirement Analysis, Estimation, Test Case Design, Test Case Execution, Defect Management).
- Rich experience in Business and System requirement gathering and Analysis.
- Professional experience in Integration, Functional, Regression, System, End-to-End, Smoke and UAT Testing.
- Well versed in Test Management tool ALM (HP Quality Center), JIRA for writing test cases, test execution, defect management and has basic understanding of automation tool QTP.
- Experience in working with Software Development team in identifying the requirement gaps, converting business requirements to technical requirements, reporting design inconsistencies,resolving Defects and presenting the Defect Status reports.
- Good knowledge on maintenance and execution of regression test suites.
- Experienced in Test Data Creation and Management.
- Experience in preparing Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM), Test Plan, Test Strategy, Test Readiness Review (TRR) documents.
- Experience in creating Detailed Test Cases, Test Scripts by decomposing Business Requirements and developing Test Scenarios to support quality deliverables.
- Good knowledge in Risk Based Testing.
- As a QA Engineer - Worked on Finance/Banking and Investment Management domains.
- Possess excellent communication, presentation and reporting skills and has ability to work well in a team or individual environment.
- Possess strong analytical abilities combined with skills to plan, implement & presentation of projects.
- Rich experience of working closely with clients and received numerous commendations from clients for timely and quality deliverables.
- Worked as both offshore and onshore Lead.
- Skilled at learning new concepts quickly, can work well under pressure and able to communicate ideas clearly and effectively.
Software Development methodologies: Waterfall, V-Model, Agile, Scrum
Programming Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, C++, Unix/Hadoop commands.
BIG Data tools: Hadoop HDI Insight, Microsoft Analytical Platform System (APS System)
Databases: Hadoop HDI, Oracle 10g/11g, SQL Server 2005/ 2008/2012/2013 , MS Access 2007,2010,2013), Sybase
Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux, Sun Solaris, Windows 7, XP
Testing/Defect Tracking Tools: HP Quality Center 11.0/11.52 (ALM), JIRA
Database Tools: Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, Oracle SQL Developer, Quest TOAD for Oracle, Quest Toad data point, Rapid SQL
ETL Tools: Informatica 9.1, SSIS 2005/2008/2012
Reporting Tools: SAP BO Reports, Tableau Reports, Microstrategy
MS Suite/ Project Tools: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), MS Visio, Microsoft Project
Terminal Emulator tools: Putty, Secure CRT
File transfer tools: Secure FX
Incident/Log Tracking: BMC Remedy, Splunk
Test case generator tool: Hexawise
Data compare tool: Beyond Compare, CDBS Data compare
Mind mapping tool: Mindjet MindManager
- Facilitate requirement gathering interviews, conduct workshops, issue clarifications, review documentation, Lead the testing effort estimation, review the estimates and communicate to all the stakeholders, Participate in Solution Approach decisions and contribute to optimization, Conduct working sessions with the stake holders/business analysts and prepare detailed test plan
- Create test cases, test scripts, test data and requirement traceability matrix and get the sign-off from project team
- Set up the test environment required for test execution, Test execution of each and every requirement and share the test result with the project team
- Defect management,Co-ordinate with the offshore team regarding day to day testing activities
- Drive the defect review meetings, Provide support for User Acceptance Testing, Share the testing status report to project team on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
- Facilitate requirement gathering interviews, conduct workshops, issue clarifications, review documentation, Participate in Solution Approach decisions and contribute to optimization, Conduct working sessions with the stake holders/business analysts and prepare detailed test plan
- Create test cases, test scripts, test data and requirement traceability matrix and get the sign-off from project team, Set up the test environment required for test execution
- Test execution of each and every requirement and share the test result with the project team, Defect management,Co-ordinate with the offshore team regarding day to day testing activities
- Drive the defect review meetings, Share the testing status report to project team on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
- Offshore Lead-Analysis of the requirements, performing static test on the requirement/mapping documents, preparation of test plan, preparation and execution of test scripts, defect management, participation in defect review meetings, participation in Issue resolution meeting with clients, participation in daily status call.