To seek a challenging position as a Software Quality Assurance Tester or Analyst that utilizes my skill set and experience.
- Over 9 years of experience in Software Testing and Quality Assurance for various Webs based, Client Server and WEB applications. Experienced in both Manual testing and Automated testing.
- Worked with Waterfall and Agile SDLC processes.
- Experience with comprehensive understanding of all phases of Test Life Cycle, including requirements gathering, test planning, and scheduling, testing, defect tracking, and reporting.
- Extensively involved in different phases of testing includes System, Functional, Regression, Performance testing.
- Experienced in software, hardware, and network testing.
- Extensively involved in writing Test plans, designing Test Strategies defining Test Scripts, developing and maintaining automated test scripts and analyzing errors.
- Involved in Black box and White box testing.
- Extensively used Mercury Interactive testing tools like WinRunner, QuickTest Pro and TestDirector for various Web - based and Client Server applications.
- Proficient in testing methods like Regression Testing, Integration testing, and User acceptance testing.
- Experienced in writing and executing SQL queries to perform Data Validation and Back end testing of databases to check the integrity of data.
- Experienced working on test management tools like team foundation server (TFS).
Languages: C, C++, HTML, SQL, PL/SQL, and Visual Basic
Testing Tools: Mercury Test tools (HP Quality Center (what versions?), WinRunner 6.5/7.0, LoadRunner 6.0, and TestDirector 6.5/ 7.6) Quick Test Professional 6.5 and SilkTest.
Database: Microsoft Access, SQL Server, DB2 and Oracle 7.x/8.x
GUI Tools: Visual Basic 6.0, Crystal Reports 5.0, MS-Office and Business Objects 5.1.3
Test Management Tools: TestDirector 5.0/6.0/7.0 and Rational TestManager 6.0
Testing Procedures: Unit, Functional, White Box, Black Box, System, Integration, Regression, Load/Stress (Performance), Users Acceptance Testing (UAT), and Test Driven testing.
Confidential, Farmington Hills, MI
- Worked in Agile environment and extensively implemented SDLC methodologies.
- Managed all test plans, test cases and reported bugs with the help of PVCS Tracker.
- Interact with developers and product analysts regarding testing status and defect tracking.
- Involved in Assigning defects to the Dev team and Monitoring.
- Assisted QA Team with defining and implementing a defect resolution process including defect priority, severity, next steps, and assigned owner.
- Conducted Manual Test for entire applications using manual scripts, which are designed specifically.
- Reviewed the User Requirements Document, Functional Requirement Documents and Technical Requirement Documents.
- Attended Bug Review meetings and discussed issues with the Developers and Business Owners.
- Tested the whole application manually by using test plans test cases and demo reports.
- Performed System, Security & User Acceptance testing.
- Created the defects in Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Created Test Data using SQL; Wrote SQL queries for back - end testing.
- Performed Backend Database testing using SQL/TSQL query language to ensure data, data mapping and data flow from applications to databases
- Strong Problem analysis and resolution skills and Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Confidential, Farmington Hills, MI
- Create test scenarios, test cases, test scripts and perform test preparation plan.
- Review test cases/scripts with IT manager and project manager to make sure all the scenarios are covered (positive and negative).
- Perform functional and full regression testing for every new release build/patch.
- Increased productivity by initiating use of automation testing using Microsoft test manager.
- Used Team foundation server for defect logging and updating defect status.
- Send daily status updates regarding the test in progress to IT manager and Project manager.
Confidential, Walled Lake, MI
- Responsible for Database testing using SQL queries in Oracle.
- Created and scheduled Endurance, Load and Stress test Scenarios using Load Runners Controller to test the application under all kinds of loads.
- Analyzed the response times of the Credit, Safekeeping and DDA transactions under load using Load Runner Analysis and found the bottlenecks in the application using the monitors such as application server, database (Oracle) and the network monitors.
- Interacted and worked with the development team to solve the problems encountered in the test scenario run.
- Developed test cases, test plans & executed functional test scripts using HP.Mercury QC.
- Involved in GUI Windows Web Functional Testing using LoadRunner.