- Over 6+ years of industry experience in the area of Software Testing (Manual and Automation) with a solid understanding of Test Planning, Test Design, Test Execution and Defect Reporting and Tracking.
- Experienced in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) with thorough understanding of various phases such as Requirements, Analysis, Design, Development and Testing.
- Good experience on Selenium Automation using WebDriver and Server. Heavy programming using Java, Junit, TestNG.
- Experience in developing selenium automation framework using Junit/TestNG and developing ANT/Maven targets to execute automation suites from command line.
- Experience in reviewing and analyzing Business Requirements and creating Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scripts, and Test Estimation and Requirement Traceability Confidential .
- Experience in Smoke Testing, Backed end Testing, Black - Box Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Functional Testing, Positive/ Negative Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing, GUI Software Testing, Ad-hoc Testing, Cross Browser/ Cross Platform Testing, UI Validation, Web Services.
- Proficient in developing test artifacts such as Test Strategies, Test Plan, Test Case, Test Script, Test Data and maintaining the Requirement Traceability Confidential (RTM).
- Excellent knowledge on different testing frame works like Page Object Model, Data Driven, Keyword Driven and Hybrid frame works.
- Hands-on experience in Black Box testing with expertise in Functional and Regression testing. Expertise in locating the web elements using XPATH and CSS.
- Strong experience with SOA architecture which include SOAP Web Service and RestFul Web Service Testing.
- Good working experience on SOAP UI/Postman for testing and validating various web services used in the application.
- Expertise in documenting defects with high level of detail, accuracy, and informative recreation steps using Quality Center, JIRA, and HP ALM.
- Experience in database testing by writing SQL queries for Oracle, MySQL, and MS SQL Server.
- Participated in every day agile scrum stand-up meetings and participated in Iteration planning and retrospective meetings.
- Experience in working with End Users, Business Analysts, Project Managers, and Developers to understand requirements and business processes for testing. Attended regular walkthroughs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team player with an analytical bent to problem solving and delivering under high stress environment.
Languages: Java, XML
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver/IDE/GRID, Soap UI, Postman, Cucumber BDD, Jenkins, Appium, Protractor
Test Framework: Junit, TestNG
Project Methodologies: Agile-Scrum
Defect Tracking Tools: Jira, HP ALM, Quality Center
Build Tools: Ant, Maven
Packages: MS-Office Suite(Word, Excel, Access), MS-Project
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server
Operating Systems: Windows variants, UNIX
Confidential, Seattle, WA
Test Automation Engineer
- Reviewed business requirements and technical specification documents and Analyzed use cases, functional requirements to write detailed Test plans and Test cases.
- Responsible for identifying test cases for manual and Automation with Selenium WebDriver for Functional and Regression tests.
- Developed automation framework using Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Page Object Model.
- Developed and executed White box test cases of the Java API using TestNG framework and Eclipse.
- Developed Selenium Automation framework - Created a hybrid framework (Keyword and Data driven) on Selenium using TestNG.
- Run script as a batch file through Maven and generated testing report. Used Maven for building the Web Driver project.
- Involved in creating feature files and gherkin scenario/scenario outline using Cucumber framework.
- Integrated the automation framework with Jenkins and kick off the tests whenever get a new build on Test environment.
- Created batch and executable files for the scripts created so the Hybrid/Manual Testers can execute the script.
- Performed Functional, System, Regression, Usability, Smoke and end-to-end Integration testing.
- Involved in using Appium to develop Automation testing scripts for Mobile Development and client-server applications.
- Developed automation scripts to test Mobile applications IOS and Android platforms using Appium and Java.
- Involved in testing the Angular based application using Protractor.
- Used XPath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium
- Performed Web Services Testing and XML validation by creating test case suite using Postman.
- Performed SOA / web services testing using Postman; wrote adaptors to test / invoke web services.
- Used HP ALM as bug-tracking tool to centralize the bugs, Email notifications and also follow up the bug status and updating scenarios in HP ALM along with test results
- Performed back-end testing using SQL queries to make sure the data entered has been uploaded correctly into database.
- Followed Agile testing methodology, participated in daily SCRUM meetings and testing each SPRINT deliverables.
- Involved in documentation as to how to maintain and run scripts for future enhancements. Responsible for testing the application against different environments in QA, staging and production.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven, Cucumber, Jenkins, Postman, Appium, Protractor, Eclipse, XML, XPath, DOM, HP ALM, SQL, Agile and Windows.
Confidential, Nashville, TN
Automation Engineer (QA)
- Analyzed business requirements and functional documents, created the test strategy document that define the test environment, phases of testing, entrance and exit criteria into different phases of testing and resources required to conduct the effort.
- Designed and developed automated functional Test suite using Selenium IDE and Selenium WebDriver.
- Performed functional testing to identify various critical points in the application and automated it by using Selenium Web-Driver with TestNG.
- Captured the error screenshots and created test reports generated out of TestNG.
- Involved in development of Hybrid Test Framework using Selenium WebDriver and TestNG.
- Developed Maven Build scripts to run Sanity Test scripts developed in Selenium Web Driver.
- Performed build acceptance testing and smoke testing using Cucumber automation tool.
- Used Jenkins for continuous integration and delivery in order to execute them automatically after every successful build.
- Involve in writing and implementation of the test plan, review of test cases and test scripts drafted by the team members.
- Involved in Functionality, Stress, Security, and GUI and Regression testing of web-based applications.
- Prepared Traceability Confidential (RTM) to ensure the adequate and sufficient coverage of the test cases.
- Implemented Mobile automation frameworks using Appium. Used emulators and IOS simulators to perform the Mobile Testing .
- Used Appium for native, hybrid Mobile Application Testing for iOS and Android platforms.
- Involved in writing automated scripts for Angular.JS application using Protractor and Java.
- Involved in automating Angular JS applications by using Protractor.
- Worked on Web services using Postman exclusively on obtaining the needed information using the URL approach.
- Performed functional testing of SOAP and RESTFUL Web Services using Postman Tool.
- Performed web service testing for SOAP and Rest services using Postman to validate that the services returning expected output.
- Reported software defects in Quality Center and interacted with the development team to analyze the defects and reported them in Quality Center and tracked them until closure.
- Conducted backend testing using SQL queries to validate data for database and Used SQL queries for retrieving data from database for executing user specific test cases.
- Involved in testing the application utilizing the Scrum (Agile) methodology.
- Participated QA weekly meetings and various other meetings and discussed Enhancement and Modification Request issues and defects in the application.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven, Cucumber, Eclipse, Jenkins, Postman, Appium, Protractor, XPath, SOAP, Restful, Quality Center, SQL, Agile and Windows.
- Create test plans and test design specifications for assigned test areas.
- Analyze and develop test cases based on the high level scenarios.
- Involved in defining test automation strategy and test scenarios, created automated test cases, test plans and executed tests using Selenium WebDriver.
- Used Selenium Grid to test the compatibility of the tests across multiple servers to save time.
- Involved in functional testing, black box testing, negative testing, compatibility testing, and recovery testing.
- Perform peer review of test scripts drafted by other resources.
- Tracking the order status along with testing of integrated applications.
- Analyze and Identifying test scripts that can be automated based different factors like reusability, test data preparation, cross browser testing etc.
- Analyze and develop automated test scripts/cases using Selenium web driver suitable for use with regression testing framework of the application.
- Responsible for creating both positive and negative test cases to check the accuracy of the database of the application.
- Generate Defect reports in Quality Center for weekly test meetings.
- Perform Cross browser testing for multiple browsers, e.g., Netscape Navigator, Microsoft Explorer on different platforms (Windows & UNIX) and interpreted the negative/positive results.
- Perform Database Validation Testing using complex SQL queries using Inner/Outer joins.
- Participated in daily, weekly meetings and technical reviews. Prepared reports showing the testing efforts.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Soap UI, Quality Center, SQL, UNIX and Windows.
- Determined test objectives through detailed analysis in order to automate features comprehensively.
- Developed, planned and implemented automated test cases based on software requirements and technical understanding, as well as developed and extended the current test automation infrastructure to be more efficient, both in execution and reporting.
- Performed the Manual Testing of the application before switching over to the automation phase.
- Identified software capability and reliability by conducting functional, system, and regression and performance tests.
- Documented and reported test outcomes by collecting, analyzing, interpreting and summarizing data to development team.
- Prepared test data for functional testing as documented in the test plan.
- Executed test cases manually. Compared and analyzed actual with expected results and reported all deviations to the appropriate individual(s) for resolution.
- Involved in compatibility testing with other software programs, hardware, operating systems and network environments.
- Performed ad-hoc, Functional, Regression, Integration and Compatibility Testing of Web-based Application.
- Performed Manual Testing to check flow of the application.
- Managed defect reporting and tracking using Quality Center.
- Performed Functional, Integration, System, GUI, Cross Browser compatibility, Ad- Hoc Testing.
- Involved in tracking and reporting defects using Quality Center and was also responsible for communicating the status to the development team.
- Worked with source version control tool such as Subversion (SVN).
- Created and executed database queries (SQL) to validate database data integrity.
- Assisted in reproducing, investigating and debugging software issues in coordination with the development team.
- Worked with minimal supervision, whilst being responsive in a fast paced development environment. Also mentored others in software testing best practices.
Environment: Java, Manual Tester, Quality Center, SVN, SQL, Windows XP.