- 6+ years of professional experience in both Manual Testing and Automation testing activities, serving various domains.
- Excellent understanding of different phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) management.
- Experienced in SQA (Software Quality Assurance) including Manual and Automated testing with tools such as Selenium WebDriver, Appium, TestNG, Quality Center/ALM, JIRA, Maven, Jenkins, Cucumber, Rest API Testing (Postman and Rest Assured Automation), Soap UI.
- Experienced with Agile environment and a valuable contributor during agile ceremonies such as Daily stand - up, Sprint Grooming, Sprint Planning, Sprint Demo and Sprint Retrospective meetings.
- Have hands on experience in developing the test automation scripts using Selenium WebDriver and WebDriver back-end Selenium with TestNG.
- Analyzing User Stories specification to create and execute Test Cases, identifying defects, logging defects and verification of bug fixes.
- In-depth understanding of Java Object-Oriented Programming (OOPs) concepts and proficient using Data Structures for automation purposes.
- Experienced testing Rest API both manually and automated with tools as Postmen, Rest-Assured library.
- Hands-on experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins.
- Hands-On Experience with JAVA Script on Web application automation.
- Experience in developing end to end automation using Selenium WebDriver/IDE, Cucumber, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, Web Services testing (POSTMAN, SOAPUI, REST ASSURED).
- Experienced in customizing Selenium API to suit in testing environment.
- Experienced in developing and executing manual and automated tests in different platforms using Java and the Selenium library.
- Knowledge in Web Service testing by using SoapUI, Postman, Rest Assured.
- Work experience in integrating Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) on Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Good experience in creating automation framework along with developing, executing and maintaining automation testing script with Selenium WebDriver.
- Experienced in White Box testing by authoring python Codes in Selenium Web driver.
- Good understanding of Core Java and Object-Oriented Programming (OOPs) concepts and Experience in designing, developing, enhancing automated test scripts for Selenium using Java.
- Expertise in creating various artifacts like Functional Specs, Use Cases, UML Diagrams, Test Plans and Test Strategies, and Status Weekly Reports etc.
- Well versed in reviewing and analyzing the Business requirements and developing Test Plan, Test strategies, Test cases, Test data, Test procedure, Test reports and documentation of Manual and Automation Tests.
- Have hand on experience in API & Web based Application Testing.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, communication and documentation skills along with good project management skill to gather requirements to bring out the quality product.
- Hands-on experience with Bug Tracking and Project Management tools such as JIRA.
- Excellent experience with source version control tools such as Subversion (SVN) & Git.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, communication and documentation skills along with good process management skill to gather requirements to bring out the quality product.
Testing Tools: Selenium IDE/RC/Web Driver/GRID, Cucumber, Soap UI, Postman, Appium
Languages: Core JAVA, Java Script, JQuery, Python, Shell Script
Test Framework: JUnit, Test NG, Data Driven Framework, Keyword Driven
Build / CI Tools: Ant, Maven, Jenkins
Web services: Soap UI, Restful.
Processes: Agile-Scrum, Waterfall, V-model.
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Quality Center (QC)/ALM.
Source Version Control Tool: SVN, GIT.
Databases: SQL Server, MySQL
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, Mac OS
Confidential, Cincinnati, OH
Test Automation Engineer
- Involved in design and implementation of Selenium WebDriver automation framework for smoke and regression test suites (TestNG and Maven).
- Used Eclipse IDE to develop & debug the code.
- Worked on Data Driven Framework and POM for Automation test scripts.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) on Continuous Integration tool Jenkins for nightly batch run of the script.
- Responsible for creating and building the API automation framework (Integration Test) Services LLC using Java, and TestNG platform.
- Created and executed automation test cases using Selenium WebDriver/Cucumber framework for Web App and Appium / Cucumber for Mobile App.
- Added many front-end automation tests and BDD steps using Cucumber specification framework, TestNG, Appium and Java which decreased 75% of manual testing.
- Implemented BDD framework using Cucumber and created step definition and feature files using Gherkin (Cucumber).
- Extensively used Page Objects design and page navigation framework for readable test script and easy maintenance from developer perspectives.
- Developed Selenium test scripts for identified test cases by using data driven, keyboard driven and hybrid framework.
- Created Python scripting to test REST API functionality for regression setup. Implemented Page Object Model framework with Python and Selenium.
- Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environment as part of Continuous Integration Process using Selenium Grid and Jenkins.
- Created and Maintained Server-side Integration Test using Python and Selenium Web driver.
- Contributed to the Continuous Integration pipeline running component builds, creating and running Deployment jobs on individual stages on Jenkins, and running automated and manual functional tests.
- Created data-driven automation scripts for testing REST API Web Services using POSTMAN.
- Closely worked with developers and product owners in an Agile Environment using technical stories to create automated APIs (REST/SOAP) and built a framework for continuous support for future releases.
- Worked on Web services using POSTMAN exclusively on obtaining the needed information using the URL approach.
- Created test harness to enable comprehensive testing utilizing Python.
- Using Postman to develop REST API based automation for our backend services every sprint.
- Maintained and executed Maven build files for running automated tests.
- Tested applications in different types of browsers and versions, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome to simulate production environment.
- Developed and executed White box test cases of the Java API using TestNG framework & Eclipse.
- Conducted backend testing using SQL queries to validate data for database.
- Verified, edited and update test data in new or existing systems before testing.
- Participated QA weekly meetings and various other meetings and discussed Enhancement and Modification Request issues and defects in the application.
- Worked in the form of sprint team with business analysts and developers in Agile methodology.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, Cucumber, Appium, POSTMAN, Page Object Model, POM, Data Driven Framework, Quality Center/ALM, XPath, Python, WebServices, agile, Apache, SQL, Oracle, Windows
Confidential, Dearborn, MI
QA Automation Engineer
- Responsible for testing Webpage for Accessibility.
- Active participation in Daily Stand up meetings and Defect Report Meetings.
- Creation, Review & Maintenance of QA Checklist and Test cases for Accessibility Testing.
- Define, develop, and execute automation test scripts using Java. Also, performing Black Box Testing Across Functional, Non-Functional Testing.
- Implemented test automation scripts for mobile testing using Appium.
- Involved in performing Automation testing with emulators & IOS Simulators and Mobile Application testing using Appium. Also tested scenarios on real-time devices with automation scripts developed using Appium.
- Well maintained Automation Frameworks such as Data Driven and Behavior Driven Development (BDD) using Java as programming language.
- Involved in Writing Python Scripts to develop automated scripts and frame works.
- Developed automation test scripts for client -server and web based applications using Python
- Worked on Cross Browser Testing through Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid by testing the website on different browsers like Chrome, IE, and Firefox.
- Developed accurate test report for automation tests with screenshots and failed scenarios.
- Used Git for version control and Jenkins CI/CD pipeline.
- Associated with development team to understand technical design and architecture for test planning.
- Created and enhanced numerous test scripts to handle changes in the objects, in the tested application’s GUI and in the testing environment using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Jenkins.
- Experience in Test driven development for functional and integration testing using Python and Selenium frameworks.
- Wrote scripts in Python for Extracting Data from JSON and XML files.
- Developed Automation scripts for new enhancements using Selenium Web Driver and TestNG.
- Performed functional testing of SOAP & RESTful Web Services using SOAPUI tool.
- Used TestNG to run Cucumber feature and scenarios and generating report daily basis.
- Involved in validating the web services related to customer, account and transaction management using the Postman by sending HTTP requests and performing data validation.
- Implemented Automated execution of tests (nightly and need based) using Maven and Jenkins.
- Developed and executed White box test cases of the API using TestNG framework & Eclipse.
- Created automation framework in Selenium WebDriver using behavior driven approach like Cucumber.
- Involved in setting up continuous integration system using Jenkins and working knowledge with cloud based code repository system like Github.
- Extensively used Selenium (data-driven, XPath locator) and WebDriver to test the web application.
- Tested request and response XML's based web services interfaces using SOAP UI.
- Performed Web Services Testing and XML validation by creating test case suite using SOAP UI.
- Created whole test framework using Selenium for further test creation and execution.
- Regression test cases were written and automated using Selenium WebDriver.
- Updated Test Plans and Test Cases periodically to manage changes in requirements.
- Uploaded test cases executed test cases and logged defects in JIRA.
- Created automation scripts in SOAPUI web services testing.
- Created defect log using managing the tasks and stories in Agile Environment.
Environment: Agile, Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, SOAPUI, Appium, Cucumber, Maven, POSTMAN, XPATH, Eclipse, Jenkins, Git Hub, JIRA, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Oracle and Windows.
Confidential, Goshen, IN
- Followed Agile testing methodology, participated in daily Scrum meetings and tested each Sprint deliverables.
- Writing, Reviewing & Executing test cases, test scripts for Functional, Integration, System, GUI, Analysis of Business and Requirement Specifications.
- Performed functional testing to identify various critical points in the Application and automated it by using Selenium WebDriver.
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse, WebDriver and TestNG framework.
- Involved in implementation of Test Automation Framework build using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Maven technologies under Java platform utilizing industry leading harness design patterns and approaches.
- Tested Web Services using SoapUI tool, validating WSDL, request and response.
- Created Test plan, High level scenarios, test case construction and test estimates, resource estimates and weekly status reports.
- Conducted Test Case walkthroughs to achieve consensus on Test Case correctness & completeness ensuring width and depth of test scenarios.
- Designed and developed Automation Framework (Hybrid, Keyword-driven) using Selenium Web Driver.
- Involved in performing Functional testing, Regression testing, System testing, Integration testing, Security testing, Configuration testing, GUI testing and User Acceptance testing.
- Developed automation test scripts using Selenium, Java, TestNG and Cucumber as part of Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD).
- Involved in using of Git as version control tool, GitHub as repository.
- Created Test Automation Framework using Cucumber, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Maven.
- Worked on Web services using POSTMAN exclusively on obtaining the needed information using the URL approach.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML ids and XPATH in Selenium .
- Used Postman for API testing to verify the CRUD operations.
- Configured the test suite to Jenkins to make it run on every successful deployment, which helped reduce the feedback loop time to the developers.
- Conducted Cross browser testing in IE, Chrome and Firefox using Selenium WebDriver.
- Implemented Automated execution of tests (nightly and need based) using Maven and JENKINS.
- Reported software defects using JIRA and interacted with the developers to resolve technical issues.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, Jenkins, TestNG, SDLC - Agile/Scrum, POSTMAN, TDD, BDD, SoapUI, Maven, Git, Jira, Windows.
Confidential, Negaunee, MI
- Created test plans & test cases for system and integration testing of the application and execute manual test cases and automate test scripts.
- Verified data integrity by back-end testing of the application by writing SQL queries.
- Reported and tracked the Bugs through HP Quality Center.
- Maintained the regression suite through monitoring a series of shell scripts.
- Responsible for dealing with developers and business analysts to better understand requirements, functionality and business process for QA testing.
- Executed SQL Queries and made sure that values entered in front end is stored successfully in the appropriate data tables.
- Coordinated with the Project Team and Configuration Management Team for build release.
- Involved in Coordinating with offshore teams.
Environment: Manual Testing, HTML, Java, MSOffice, Quality Center, SQL Server, Windows.