- Over 30 years of experience managing and supporting Labs for various companies.
- Over 30 years of Integration with various Vendors in the Cable Industry.
- Over 30 years of Video and Conditional Access Engineering Experience specializing in HFC/RF infrastructure along with Arris formerly Motorola and Cisco CAS expertise.
- More than a decade staging and executing Video, Docsis, CPE devices and Interactive demonstrations for Confidential and their strategic partners.
- Tested and QA’ed ICOMS to Amdocs billing conversion for Production deployment. This includes Provisioning and Activation of settops.
- Build new Arris to Cisco solutions for Guide data flow for HD and SD DTA’s.
- Manage Arris DAC 6000, CASMR, OAM&P and Docsis equipment, network equipment to provide integration of new Products and software release for deployment.
- Manage Cisco EC controllers, DBDS system and DTACS and test new solutions for deployment.
- Assist in testing new TIVO release candidates before releasing to Production.
- Maintain backups for Headend controllers and VMware servers.
- Maintain RF combining for Arris and Cisco distribution plants.
- Maintain Fiber headend distribution for all RF Plants.
- Manage preloading of various Arris and Cisco settops with the latest firmware and module codes.
- Maintain Final Configuration documentation, which includes device, network, Visio drawings for Production Deployment.
- Manage local network infrastructure.
- Evaluated new hardware such as Harmonic Prostream, Monroe EAS, Trilithic EAS, Arris Products and software releases before deployment.
- Testing of new multicast muxes before releasing to Production.
- Worked with various vendors for remote testing and integration of new Products.
Advance Video Engineer
- Supported Labs in the Confidential Center and remote distribution feeds.
- Managed Corporate Demonstrations and Events for Executives on and off Confidential premises.
- Maintained all forms of CPE equipment and interconnecting networks.
- Arris and Cisco CMTS, Conditional Access (DAC/DNCS and all supporting infrastructure).
- Video processing (APEX, SEM, GQAM, Encoders, Decoders)
- Data and video networking including Multicast, Docsis, CPE devices, IPV4 and IPV6
- Video - on-Demand and OTT systems
- Partnered with Confidential Joint Ventures to provide development and production features to the Confidential Center Demo room for Brian Roberts and Business Executives.
- Architected Proof-of Concept RF combining in support of all demonstrations given to internal Confidential product groups
- Extensive Legacy, Docsis and XFinity X1 Settop performance testing and live demonstrations.
- Hands-on experience with development of Legacy and Confidential X1 codes on both Motorola and Cisco environments.
- Pre-release software testing and validation prior to customer trials.
- Provided specifications for and evaluation of vendors which included architectural design, operational, and product requirements.
- Collaborated with the Network and Systems Engineering teams to appropriately engage in the integration of core network and system services in product solutions.
- Provided essential analysis to improve the efficiency of deployed systems.
- Provided Technical Bulletin and Installation documentation for Trial teams.
Technical Staging Supervisor / Field Engineer
- Supported Staging Center Headend equipment including Scientific Atlanta DNCS and the Motorola DAC.
- Lead Engineer during the installation of 15 VOD Systems at MSO facilities throughout the U.S.
- Supported local and satellite content distribution systems (CDN)
- Tested and verified latest software and hardware releases prior to beta-release.
- Supported Network Operation Center (NOC) and provided technical expertise as required.
- Configured UNIX workstations, including drive partitioning and loading of Operating Systems.
- Created and maintain checklist and verification documents for the complete end-to-end VOD system.
- Generated technical bulletins for interim solutions to open issues.
- Submitted problem reports to engineering for system defects.
- Configured Cisco networking equipment to support LAN communications.
- Managed and configured Windows NT servers to support local LAN communications.