- Skilled Professional with 4+ years of Experience in testing Web based and client server applications using both Manual and Automation.
- Strong understanding on different phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) models including Waterfall and Agile (SCRUM/Kanban).
- Documenting and Reporting Bugs using JIRA and Quality Center
- Actively involved in 3Amigos, Retrospective and Estimation sessions and wrote Scenarios in Gherkin format
- Strong knowledge in Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and used Cucumber for writing tests
- Experience in performance of Build Validation, Smoke/Sanity, Functional, Integration, System, Regression, Exploratory, Cross Browser, User Interface and UAT testing.
- Expertise in formulating Test plan, designing test cases and test scripts to support quality deliverables.
- Experience in Web based application
- Experience Automation Tester in Agile Development Environment using ATDD approach using Cucumber, RSpec, Ruby gems, Watir and Page Objects using Ruby programming language.
- Used Ruby/Cucumber and Jenkins in a Continuous Integration development environment.
- Monitored and reported daily development builds and test results
- Experience in tracking Requirements Traceability Matrix to ensure comprehensive test coverage
- Performed backend testing by running SQL queries on the Oracle and SQL Server databases using the database tools Toad and SQL Navigator.
- Validated that all data were synchronized after the data is troubleshoot, and also used SQL to verify test cases
- Heavily involved using SQL programming in back - end and front-end functions, procedures, packages to test business rules.
- Configuring the data source in hibernate configuration file.
- Worked with core Java business components and services including Soap and RMI.
- Interacted with stake holders from End users to Senior Management and contributed a lot to the success of projects
- Proven ability to support multiple projects, under tight deadlines, often with competing priorities and complexities.
- Strong Analytic ability and capable of working independently as well as in a Team
- A team player with excellent documentation and inter-personal Communication skills
- Excellent skills in communication & collaboration, interest & ability to learn new technologies in short time
Operating Systems: Windows 10, UNIX, Linux, Mac OS
Databases: DB2, MySql, SQL Server
Tools: Ruby/Cucumber, HP Quality Center, JIRA, Git, Microsoft Office
Methodologies: Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Waterfall
Sr. Automation Test Engineer
- Conducted Base line, Sanity, Functional, Integration, Ad-hoc, Regression and UAT testing against the existing and new product.
- Extensively involved in weekly/daily Defect Review and Test Execution Status Meetings to discuss/explain the defects with development team.
- Actively involved in 3Amigos sessions and wrote Scenarios in feature files using Gherkin format
- Created the Step Definitions to automate using Ruby/Cucumber
- Participated in Retrospective meetings after every sprint release.
- Developed and executed automated test cases using Ruby Mine, Selenium Web driver, Cucumber, and WATIR.
- Monitored, maintained the acceptance test execution in Jenkins and generated the test execution report in html format in Jenkins
- Writing Scenarios in feature file using Gherkin language and created Step definition files using Ruby in RubyMine editor.
- Executed Feature files to perform functional testing, UI testing, regression testing to make sure that existing functionalities are not impacted by the changes.
- Participated in bug triage meetings
- Prepare Daily Report -- Involved in preparing the Daily Execution Status report and sharing with managers and leads.
- Used JQuery to identify the object properties for the application.
- Worked closely with Development team, BA and QA teams, as well as Stakeholders and members of Management.
- Performed test automation and manual testing, actively involved in creation of detailed test plans, test cases and test scenarios for different application modules according to functional requirements and business specifications.
- Being a member of the Scrum team, participated in daily stand-up meetings, project status meetings as well as retrospective meetings and iteration reviews.
- Created test plans and functional, regression, and integration test cases using JIRA
- Developed and maintained Java based automation tools for database conversion and automated archival process of localized files.
- Developed and maintained utilities and tools to manage the automated process using Git.
- Tracked and logged bug defects and errors for the applications by clearly articulating and providing detailed bug reports. Reported reproducible bugs in JIRA, Quality Center.
- Involved in system integration and user acceptance testing on later stages of SDLC.
Environment: Gherkin, Cucumber, Ruby, RubyMine 2019, JIRA, HTML, Unix, Watir, Git, Jenkins, Mysql
Software Test Engineer
- Developed and Maintained Test Schedule for Quality assurance deliverables.
- Used Quality Center and Quick Test Pro (QTP) automation for testing.
- Identified the Regression Test Cases which can be automated using systematic approach and estimated the Cost Benefit Analysis
- Parameterized the test scripts to ensure unique set of data inputs using QTP
- Extensively used Application Life Cycle Management (Quality Center) for documenting Test Cases and updating the Test Results after test cases execution has been completed.
- Involved in meetings with upper management and used to update Testing progress and used to discuss about issues with them.
- Worked closely with development team, business partners, and support groups to create Master Test plans and oversee the execution of support activities.
- Coordinated different testing environments and components to meet all criteria for successful testing and launching the application.
- Interacted with Project team and users to get information about the application and decide various tests, which can be performed for the application.
- Communicated with the Quality Assurance Manager about the urgent issues which will affect the project schedule environment
- Coordinated with Development team members to have better understanding of the system functionality in order to improve Testing Quality.
- Created Test Plan, Test Cases and Test Scripts from functional requirements, technical specification and use cases.
- Facilitated brainstorming and walkthrough sessions.
- Actively participated in the pre-testing that included review the requirement documents, studying the use cases for developing test plans and collection
Environment: QTP12, Quality Center 11, NET Framework 3.5, Visual Studio.