- Extensive experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Phases and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) including Requirement Gathering, Business Analysis, Object Oriented Design and Testing.
- Extensive knowledge on all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Extensive knowledge on all phases of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Experience in Agile and Waterfall models of SDLC.
- In - depth knowledge of all QA Phases that include Manual, Functional, Non-Functional System, Unit, Integration, End-to-End, Smoke, Sanity, Beta, Black Box, White Box, and Regression Testing.
- Experience in testing Web-based/E-commerce, Healthcare Insurance, Finance and Telecommunications applications on different environments.
- Proficient in designing, reviewing and documenting system test plans, defining test procedures and creating test scenarios and test cases on the basis of product release features, client’s requirements and related technical documents.
- Highly experience in developing automated tests using test tools and scripting languages
- Expertise experience with STLC management tools Quality Center and Jira
- Experience in working with test automation frameworks, such as keyword and data-driven with Selenium web-driver.
- Strong SQL, PL/SQL skills
- Solid analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Knowledge and experience working in a iterative/agile test process
- Knowledge of special testing needs as relevant to testing of mobile solutions, internet portals, and web-based applications (security, load, application servers, differences in browsers)
- Expert in industry standard software development methodologies and life-cycles
- Knowledge in test planning, product verification, product validation, and test automation; implementation phases of the development methodology and life-cycle
- Experience using Selenium for automation using Java and data driven framework.
- Experience building page object model framework from the scratch for automation
- Experience working with BDD environment using Gherkin language.
- Ability and desire to work in a spirited, collaborative environment
- Ability to identify and prioritize important tasks independently
- Self-motivated, willing to learn new concepts, technologies, and ability to produce quickly
STLC Tools: Quality Center, Selenium Webdriver, ALM, Cucumber, Selenium grid
Application Software: Microsoft Visio, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Databases: Oracle, Microsoft Access, Microsoft SQL Server, DB2, Sybase
Tools: SQL*Loader, TOAD, SQL Analyzer, SQL Profiler
Operating Systems: Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows 10, IOS, UNIX, Linux, MS-DOS
Others: IIS, Tomcat/Apache, UML, Web Services, IE, Firefox, Opera, Chrome
- Active participation in daily SCRUM, weekly and monthly status meetings, pre-planning meetings, product planning meetings (involvement with product owners along with clients), bug bash (testing with team members including developers), retrospective meetings, automation script presentations to the teams providing suggestions.
- Manual and automation testing with involvement in different projects such as Subscriptions and several others for integration testing, user acceptance testing, smoke testing, regression testing, testing in staging environment, production environment testing, and pre-production testing.
- Working on testing web and mobile applications developed in Agile development cycle.
- Creation of Regression test plan, smoke test plan, design documents, functional test plan, mobile test plan documentation for the team and providing regular updates as necessary.
- Performing automation with the use of different test automation tools such as Selenium. Automation includes writing automation scripts in programming languages such as Java. Execution of automation test scripts and frameworks using these tools and logging/reporting defects.
- Working with Confluence tool workspace to collaborate with teams creating and organizing test and project documentations, drawing up project requirements and provide visibility for multiple projects.
- Using JIRA sprint board for user story developments, providing test results for assigned test scenarios/cases, opening and closing of JIRA tickets, reporting bugs to developers and teams.
- Knowledge of Jenkins as working with the developers to support building, deploying and automation of multiple projects.
- Performing testing on AWS server as well, ensuring applications are stable when switching servers between Washington Post and AWS by running automation into CatchPoint and AWS nodes. Expertise in using iCloud tool, BrowserStack and source lab, AWS for automation purposes as well.
- Working extensively with ecommerce applications using Splung queries. Management of user logs in Splung such as user log in credentials and checking on error messages.
- Using Cypress for testing applications if they run without errors in different international regions providing the correct currencies for the country/region.
- Using different test management tools such as Gitlab, Github, and TM4J for building test suites, test cases, test projects, user management as well as reports and statistics on these projects.
- Reporting of all defects to the teams (ranging from low priority/severity to high priority/severity and showstoppers), working with developers one on one to fix the defects and re-testing to ensure the bug no longer exists in the application.
- Working with product owners of different projects, as well as involvement/participation in product owner and client meetings for discussion of requirements
- Extensively working on manual as well as automation for mobile testing using Appium. Working with native and hybrid apps testing with iOS, Kindle and Androids.
- Use of Data Dog tool to integrate queries for getting information of how many user clicks, where the information/posted articles are coming from.
- Experienced working in BDD environment using gherkin language.
Environment: Quality Center, Windows 2000/XP/VISTA, Unix, Java, XML/HTML, MS Project, Oracle 9i, Selenium, BDD, Java.
Software Quality Analyst
- Developed and execute test cases, test scenarios and followed-up defects.
- Involved in preparing test plans and test cases based on system and business requirements.
- Prepared the Test Plan and Test Cases based on the functional specifications.
- Created and Maintained test Requirements in Quality Center
- Documented defects in JIRA General Access (JRA) and helped DIA team & developers to identify the performance issues and modules to be fixed.
- Studied User Requirement Specifications (URS) and converted them to Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS) and Software Requirement Specifications (SRS) for application modules.
- Used Quality center to import test data, keywords, and test cases.
- Performed Positive and Negative testing manually.
- Involved in UAT Testing.
- Introduced and implemented Agile Methodologies such as Scrum, Extreme Programming (XP) and Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Develop new reports for better analysis and customize existing oracle reports for additional information and better reporting using PL/SQL, Oracle Reports and XML- Publisher.
- Bug reporting, tracking and documentation on the Bug tracking System using Quality Center.
- Analyzed the results of manual and automated tests.
- Performed GUI/ Usability Testing.
- Coordinated team application of test-driven development (TDD) strategies to optimize system quality and to enable rapid refactoring.
- Participated in daily defect tracking conference calls with developers and DIA team.
- Participated in requirement walkthroughs and creation of test plan.
- Conducted Gap Analysis to ensure all Business Requirements were covered by test cases.
- Performed Sanity Testing and Smoke Testing.
- Responsible for coordinating, facilitating, troubleshooting, and maintaining the overall integrity of the production environment.
Environment: HP Quality Center, JIRA, Android (All Devise),Windows 2000/XP, Oracle SQL, UNIX, XML/HTML.
Confidential, Plano TX
Quality Assurance Tester
- Perform quality assurance, quality control, and security tests for system designs, processes, and security features
- Production Support: Smoke testing on all production update in various environments. Script writing, plan and executing test including Automation with Selenium and Cucumber.
- Worked as an Automation Tester, responsible for development and maintenance of Automation Frameworks, tools and solutions. Managed and coordinated onsite/offshore functional test efforts and Automated functional testing.
- Work closely with Developers, Business Analyst, Architects and Project Manager to understand Portal Project.
- Use ALM Quality Center for requirements management (User Stories), planning, scheduling, and running tests, defect tracking and managed the defects and executed the test cases
- Review requirements from ALM in order to create test scenarios, test cases, test plans/test scripts.
- Work as ALM support to ensure efficient services to the team and the client.
- Analyze and validate requirements to develop development and test cycles.
- Work as a team member in requirements mapping and preparing Requirements Traceability Matrix.
- Perform Functional testing manually and use of descriptive programming.
- Perform web based testing using Selenium for checking page contents, broken links, web objects, frames and tables.
- Responsible for developing Test plans based on Functional Specification and Technical Specification Documents of the application.
- Execute the test cases manually using ALM, enter defects and conduct regression testing after fixing the defect.
- Create customized Automated Test scripts using Selenium & Java testing tool for the web-based applications while performing Sanity, Integration, System, Functional, and Regression testing.
Environment: Quality Center, UNIX, Oracle, HTML, ALM, SQL, Selenium and JAVA