- 6+ years of experience in Quality Assurance and Software testing in both manual and automated testing environments.
- Com pre h ens ive kno wl edg e o f t he S DLC wit hi n Mo bi le, W eb, Cli ent /S er ve r & Ma in fr am e en vir o nm ent s
- Strong understanding and exposure to QA Methodologies to ensure robust functionality.
- Expertise in using test management tools HP(QC), ALM, JIRA, AZURE DEVOPS to perform activities like writing Test Plan, Test Cases, executing Test Cases, developing and maintaining Test Scripts, tracking defect and reporting bug.
- Involvement throughout the stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Strong skills in writing detailed test cases for functional and nonfunctional requirements.
- Expertise in executing User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Regression Testing, System Testing, Functionality Testing, Performance Testing, Black Box Testing, Sanity Testing, and Usability Testing for Web, thick Client and Server applications testing.
- Comprehensively worked on Offshore - onsite model including the role of Team Lead.
- Experience in performing Manual and automated testing on front end of product.
- Involved in maintaining Traceability Matrix to ensure comprehensive test coverage of requirement.
- Good communication skills in understanding and interpreting Business Requirement Specifications and Technical Requirement Specifications.
- Experience in coping with changing environments and changing requirements.
- Great analytical and methodical skills in solving challenging issues during project life cycle and have track record in delivering results before deadlines.
- Motivated self-starter with exceptional team building, leadership and interpersonal skills.
Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, Kanban
Testing Tools: Selenium web driver, Telerik Test Studio
Defect Tracking Tools: HP Quality Center ALM, QTP, Jira, Azure Devops, Bugzilla, Team Track
RDBMS: MS SQL Server, MS Access, Oracle
Reporting Tools: MS SQL Reporting Services
Languages: VB Script, HTML, XML.
Operating Systems: Window, MAC
Mobile Platforms: Android and IOS
QA Team Lead
- Developed Test Plans and Test Suites using Microsoft Test Manager and Azure DevOps.
- Manually executed test cases and documented and managed detail Test steps for each test case with expected results and actual results in MTM
- Performed Regression testing to prove that the new code has no adverse effect on the current system
- Used Team Foundation Server for bug tracking and reporting, also followed up with the development team to verify bug fixes and update bug status.
- Actively participated in all phases of STLC and managed and reported test matrix to reflect test progress, defects and their status to QA Manager.
- Developed the Automation Frame work in Telerik Test Studio.
- Experienced in Developing automation test scripts from manual test cases using Telerik Test Studio.
- Actively participated in Reviewing product requirements, providing feedback and generating test cases to match the requirements.
- Estimated efforts and provide the same to management for project planning.
- Work closely with the engineers and product managers to write test plans, estimates, and schedules, to support projects and product releases in accordance with the overall Quality Assurance Strategy.
- Defect Co-coordinator. Conducted several defect call meetings and co-ordinate with various teams to get status of defects and find out defect priorities, assign defects status and act on defects appropriately
- Solving queries and issues of the team while authoring Test Cases
- Allocated work to Offshore
- Tracking the QA progress and the tasks in.
- Worked with the business analyst team to understand the business workflow of client in order to design
- Performed Smoke Testing, GUI Testing, Regression Testing, System Testing, Functional Testing, and Cross Browser Testing.
- Participated in daily review meetings to counter daily problems with the developers for fixing the bugs.
- Coordinated with development and business teams to help UAT process run smoothly.
- Involved in performing GAP Analysis to verify that test cases match user requirements.
- Resolve environmental issues by checking the services and Application queries of the offshore
- Prepared Reverse KT docs for enhancements/new functionalities.
- Reviewed, understood and analyzed Business Requirements, Technical Specifications and developed Test Plans and Test Cases depending upon the test scope and coverage.
- Developed Test Plan and Test Specifications as per users’ business requirements.
- Involved in writing test plan for functional testing.
- Developed and executed Test Scripts and Test cases.
- Performed Manual testing, functional testing, and regression testing.
- Responsible for back-end testing by executing SQL statements.
- Interacted with developers about status of bugs and re-tested fixed bugs.
- Analyzed defects and categorized them based on severity.
- Worked in a fast-paced Agile environment.
- Participated in Scrum meetings, story sizing, sprint planning, retro sessions, and Demos.
- Created Regression test sets for various test projects and updating the test set after release.
- Reviewed business requirement documents (BRD) and technical requirement documents (TRD) to understand business workflows.
- Conducted mobile apps testing across the web
- Executed test cases manually to verify the expected results for the back-end.
- Performed UAT testing, and executed smoke, regression, and functional tests regularly.
- Updated and maintained Automated test scripts, and created Traceability Matrix.
- Performed Positive and Negative Testing manually.
- Developed detailed Test Scenarios, Test Cases, and Test Steps (test processes) using Quality Center.
- Participated in modifying Test Plan for the new requirements.
- Reviewed the System Development Documentation relating to all the modules.
- Co-ordinate with fellow offshore junior Team members by updating each other on the Design, Functional knowledge and getting the status of the work.
- Interacted with developers through Testing Team Lead in case of misunderstanding of a defect/bug.
- Actively Participated in Regression and UAT testing.
- Experience reviewing and writing UAT test cases, analyzing defects, interacting with QA and development teams for fixing issues/bugs, coordinating user acceptance testing (UAT) and end user training.
- Logged the Defects in Clear Quest and Re-Tested after Fixing.
- Involved in Root cause Analysis and attends meetings for the same.
- Performed Positive and Negative testing, Functional testing, Integration testing, System testing, Regression testing, GUI testing, Smoke & Sanity testing, UAT testing, and End to End testing.
- Used existing QA and technical knowledge to evaluate current processes, proposed and championed updates and improved testing for all areas.
- Created/maintenance of automated suite of test scripts.
- Collaborated with other disciplines to craft an overall testing solution.
- Designed, created, and executed test scripts for testing of complex scenarios, including test data/environment setup.
- Tracked and reported on test status and followed up on active issues until closure.
- Quickly developed a strong understanding of the technical details of the applications/systems being tested and document processed for future testing efforts.
- Supported Test environments during testing phases. Used my SQL knowledge to setup correct conditions for the scenarios under test.
- Attended meetings with Business Analysts and Development team on regular intervals to understand the Business Processes better.
- Attended Sign-Off Reviews for BRD and Tech Spec’s.
- Involved in Developing Test Matrices.
- Developed detailed Test Cases and Test Steps using Quality Center for System Testing and UAT.
- Organized manual walk-through for all the Test Cases written. Manually conducted cross-browser testing with Chrome, FF, Safari and I.E.