- Over 8+ years of experience as a Software Quality Analyst/Software Tester in the IT Industry.
- Experienced in Health care, Insurance and Retail domains.
- Experience in working with Claims, Provider Relations, Enrollment, Finance, Benefits Administration, and Vendor Relations' Business Areas.
- Worked as a liaison between the Business partners/Clients and internal teams.
- Proficient in analyzing system and functional specifications, business requirements, business rules to identify test requirements, track the requirements (Bi directional traceability matrix).
- Familiar with CMS and HIPAA Compliance Standards.
- Strong business analysis skills and possesses in depth knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Strong knowledge on HIPAA standards, ICD9/ICD10, EDI transactions & 4010/5010 versions, Medicare and Medicaid Services.
- Worked in claim processing and other EDI transactions like Claims Inquiry and Response (276/277), Receipt and Verification of claim forms(837P, 837I), Claim Payment and advice(835), Eligibility Inquiry and Response(270/271), Certification Request and Response(278), Benefit Enrollment(834), Order and Payment Remittance(820).
- Worked on ICD9 - ICD10 conversion project to comply with X12 5010 version claim files.
- Generated 834 EDI files via HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT) tool for testing enrollment processes in different business units.
- Extensively worked with Project Management Tools like HP ALM, Jira, Rally, and TFS.
- Performed various types of testing like Functional Testing, Unit testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, Performance Testing, Regression Testing, User Acceptance testing (UAT), End to End Testing, and Smoke Testing.
- Experience in Automation testing tools like Selenium Web Drivers and JMeter.
- Experience in various SDLC methodologies like AGILE, SCRUM and Waterfall.
- Experienced in Batch Processing & EDI interfaces in the healthcare domain.
- Excellent skills in documentation of Test Plan, Test Strategy, Test cases and Test results.
- Ability to proactively identify and recommend improvements to existing processes.
- Team player with excellent prioritizing, organizing, time management, and verbal/written communication skills.
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to adapt to a new environment and meet stringent deadlines
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Creating Web Elements and Page Factory, writing wrapper and common methods.
- Writing Automation scripts for functional and regression testing.
Operating System: UNIX, Windows 9x/NT/2000/2003, MS-DOS
Language/Tools: MS SQL, PL/SQL, Shell Scripts, Java, WebSphere, Selenium, JAVA
Database: MS SQL Server, MS Access, Oracle8i/9i, DB2, LDAP
Testing Tools: Microsoft Test Manager, Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2013Test Director 6.0/7.0/7.6/8.0 , Quality Center9.0/10.0/ALM, QTP 9.2/10.0, TOAD, MS Office
Networking Tools: UNIX, Telnet, FTP, ETL - Data Staging, LDAP Server (SSE enabled)
GUI Tools: Eclipse, MS Visual Studio 2010, Developer 2000, Rational Requirement Composer, Power Builder and Crystal Reports, HTML.
Senior QA Engineer
Technology: MS SQL, ALM, Postman, Swagger, HTML, JSon and TFS
- Work closely with system analysts in reviewing business requirements based on Production issues raised by business.
- Recreate scenarios in the test environment for developers to debug codes for identifying the root cause.
- Create Prior Authorizations via Swagger using XML and JSON models to validate WebService Request and Response.
- Document and Execute Test Cases in TFS/ALM to test user stories based on Acceptance Criteria.
- Document Test Results for every User Story testing and send it to business users for UAT Approvals.
- Create SQL queries in MS SQL to validate prior authorizations data for backend testing.
- Perform API Testing for the end points using Swagger, POSTMAN and make sure the end points are working as expected.
- Test API services in various business processes like Medicaid (DXE), Transition of Care (TOC), Georgia Inbound/Outbound and Collaborative Care.
- Conduct Defect Triage meetings including System/Quality Analysts, Devs, Leads, Business Users & other required attendees.
- Deploy Dev and Release Tags in Test Environments via Azure DevOps and Octopus, before the test execution process.
- Perform regression testing on critical functionalities for major code changes and system upgrades to latest versions.
- Create Change Requests in ServiceNow for Production deployments and coordinate with the Release Management team.
- Participate in various Agile ceremonies like Sprint Planning, Grooming Sessions, Retrospective, and daily Standup Calls.
- Conduct Pre-deploy meetings to ensure the Release standards are achieved by all teams involved in that particular Release and receive Approvals from Leadership for successful deployments.
- Support and coordinate with external teams throughout the process for every Bi-Weekly Release.
- Perform Post Deployment Validation using JMeter Automation tool after every Prod Release.
Senior QA Engineer
Technology: Selenium, JAVA, Maven, Extent reports, TestNG, Eclipse, GIT, PEGAAgile Studio, ALM, Postman, SOAP UI and MQ Tool.
- Understand story acceptance criteria and create test plans and strategy.
- Providing sign off demo for the stories tested to the stories tested on the client during sprint closing.
- Create Test plans for new Project Implementations along with Test Case repositories for SIT testing
- Identifying and prioritizing critical business processes for automation.
- Work with the development team to create test plans for enhancements and fixes on applications
- Creating and retesting software defects.
- User story sign off demo, testing reports and document maintenance.
- Interact with Developers and Business Analysts to perform various types of testing throughout the Software Testing Life Cycle.
- Performing various testing methods like User story testing, regression, integration, user acceptance, positive, functionality and non-functional testing.
- Create, run and maintain Automation scripts for web applications.
- Create Web Element, Page Factory for the Automation framework.
- Testing the application using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG.
- Logging and reporting the Bugs with the development team.
- Performing retesting and regression for the fixed bugs.
QA Analyst / Tester
Technology: MS SQL, TOAD, Oracle SQL Developer, Sapphire, Diamond, ALM, Rally, Postman, SOAP UI, MQ Tool
- Automated and customized the scripts for the entire application using Quick Test Professional.
- Parameterized the test(s) and modified steps affected by parameterization.
- Reviewed the Business Requirement specification Document and the technical specification of the application.
- Reviewed System Requirements to define testing scope for various levels of testing (Functional, System & Regression)
- Worked with providers and Medicare or Medicaid entities to validate EDI transaction sets.
- Involved in testing by using SQL and developed test scenarios and test cases.
- Tested web services based on Data and functions by SOAP UI.
- Experienced in configuring, backing up and recovering all EDI transactions.
- Validated EDI files against ICD-9 compliance and crosswalk ICD 9 - 10 and ICD10 - 9.
- Developed UNIX shell scripts to automate file discards due to data errors.
- Involved in developing a system breakdown of the Billing Cycle to create quality management testing in Amisys.
- ISupporting Business partners in User Assessment Testing and Technical team in case issues are identified.
- Responsible for defect triaging and tracking defects until defect resolution.
- Perform Regression Testing in Pre-Production Environment (QA) to ensure the Quality and Performance of the Applications.
- Coordinate Monthly Releases with Release Management and Development Team in Production.
- Manually generate the 820, 834 & 837 EDI files based on various test scenarios and load them into the system..
- Created Queries in TFS to track defects for generating reports for Management and various teams involved in the project.
- Used SQL to test various reports and ETL load jobs in development, QA and production environment.
- Wrote SQL queries to test the application for data integrity.
- Tested User Interface inconsistency and application functionality.
Senior QA Engineer
Technology: Health Rules UI, Amisys System, Windows, Enterprise, EDI X12N 4010 5010, MS SQL Server 2008, Microsoft Test Manager, Visual Studio 2013SOAP UI, API Testing.
- Performed requirement feasibility analysis and identified test scenarios/test objectives.
- Contributed to the preparation of the defect management, communication and test scope sections of the test plan.
- Identified end-to-end test cases, regression suites and system test cases.
- Involved in Test data identification and gathering.
- Documented test cases and performed peer reviews on team mate’s work.
- Responsible for Smoke and Sanity test.
- Assisted business users in defining test plans and UAT test cases.
- Worked closely with the UAT team for User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and collaborated with the QA team to develop the Test Plans, Test Scenarios, Test Cases, Test Data to be used in testing based on business requirements, technical specifications and/or product knowledge.
- Reviewed and developed the Mapping Specification Documents as per HIPAA standards to amend records and files to accommodate new ICD 10 fields.
- Validated the logics for all the required and optional fields in vendor outbound files.
- Worked as a liaison between the Technical and Business partners for getting the EDI systems readily available and gathered requirements for ICD 10.
- Get the final sign off from the vendor and internal project management for ICD 10 changes made to the existing process.
- Performed backend testing using SQL queries and subqueries to check backend data and check data integrity.
- Validated the SQL Scripts developed in MS SQL Server 2008 prior to moving the codes into production.
- Wrote Test Cases and performed Manual Testing like Positive Testing and Negative Testing.
- Created Test Scenarios and Test Cases using Microsoft Test Manager along with the process flow.
- Raised bugs in MTM and mentioned the discrepancies found between the Mapping Specifications and Vendor Test Files.
- Worked with 837 EDI files in 5010 formats to validate Loops and Segments in files.
- Used Spring Framework and XML Bean to build Query service.
- Exposed the web services to end clients for their internal consumption using SOAP UI
QA Analyst / Tester
Technology: MS Visio, Rational Unified Process (RUP), Rational Rose, Rational Requisite Pro, MS Office, Windows XP/2000, SQL, Java/J2EE, HTML, Pegaworks, MTMXML, AS400, Test Director, Winrunner, Load Runner.
- Interacted closely with End users from Underwriting & Claims teams and SMEs to understand and gather the business needs and requirements.
- Facilitated and managed meeting sessions with users and SMEs to review business requirement capture.
- Executed testing lifecycle of planning, testing and tracking progress by using Microsoft Test Manager (MTM) integrated with Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Tracked defects, recorded, reviewed, analyzed using TRAX and Team Foundation Server (TFS) and Microsoft Test Manager (MTM).
- Prepared the Test plans and Test cases to successfully perform the system integration testing, functional testing.
- Analyzed system requirements and developed detailed Test plan and Test cases for testing the functionality.
- Responsible for meetings with users and stakeholders to identify problems, resolve issues and improve the process to ensure a stable and accurate solution
- Designed many packages using SSIS which involved data from different heterogeneous systems such as Oracle and DB2 Mainframe systems.
- Sourcing and formatting of insurance data to supply actuarial models feed.
- Used frequency and Severity model of Actuarial to interpret and produce graphical representations of loss and counting distribution.
- Used Compound Distribution model of Actuarial for adjusting the calculations.