- 15+years of of overall experience in Functional & Performance Testing of various Enterprise Applications, Service APIs, Products and Systems.
- Experience in Performance Test solutioning, defining Performance Test Strategies, Approaches, Test Plans and WorkLoad Modeling for various types of Web Applications, Portals, Mobile Apps, Web Services, SPA with Microservices and SOAP & REST APIs.
- Experience in evaluating cost effective Performance Test & Monitoring tools suitable for the Applications/Services under Test.
- Experience in Load, Stress, Soak, Volume and Failover Testing using HP Load Runner, JMeter and VSTS tools.
- Experience in BeanShell, Selenium WebDriver & Java scripting in JMeter and custom C programs in LoadRunner for advanced Test Scripts development.
- Experience in CI/CD with running Performance Tests from GitHub repositories thru Jenkins jobs on Azure/AWS cloud clients (located virtually in various Geos).
- Experience in Performance Monitoring & Analysis using AppDynamics, Splunk, Dynatrace, Windows PerfMon, SQL Profiler, VMStat, IOStat, etc.
- Experience in coordinating with DevOps team in instrumenting various Dashboards & Reports for Performance statistics in AppDynamics & Splunk and diagnosing the identified Performance issues using AppDynamics, Dynatrace and Splunk.
- Experience in Performance Test Results reporting and reviewing with Product and Business owners and revising the Performance Test Strategy, Plans and Test Scripts accordingly.
- Good knowledge on HP Performance Center, NeoLoad, Gatling, Mobile Apps Performance testing, Network Virtualization and Service Virtualization.
- Experience in monitoring & capturing browser side performance metrics using Browser DevTools, AppDynamics EUM (End User Monitoring), Dynatrace UEM (User Experience Management) and good knowledge on PageSpeed, sitespeed.io, webpagetest for evaluating client - side performance from real browsers.
- Experience in Functional Test Automation using Selenium IDE, Web Driver and HP QTP.
- Experience in Database Testing using Toad, MSSQL Mgt Studio, SQL Developer, etc.
- Experience in using various Test Management tools - HP ALM/QC, JIRA, Rational QM, and Visual Studio Team System.
- Experience in Testing Middleware products & platforms configured over various Web & Application Servers and Database Servers setup on various flavors of Windows, Linux & UNIX servers.
- Good understanding of OWASP Top 10 vulnerabilities and Application Penetration testing tools IBM AppScan, Burp Suite, OWASP ZAP, etc.
- Experience in data validation using advanced SQL Queries in DB2, SQL Server, and Derby databases.
- Managed teams at both Onshore and Offshore and coordinated with the team on day to day tasks.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, involved in interacting with core team, dealing with end-users in conducting workshops, documenting specifications.
Performance Testing: HP LoadRunner, JMeter, HP PerformanceCenter, NeoLoad, VSTS
Performance Monitoring: AppDynamics, Splunk, Dynatrace, PerfMon, IOStat, VMStat
Functional Testing: Selenium IDE & WebDriver, SoapUI, HP QTP
Test Management: JIRA, HP ALM, Rational QM, MS VSTS
Misc. Tools: Fiddler, Jenkins, Swagger, SQuirreL, Chrome DevTools
Web Technologies: Jave/J2EE, .Net, SOAP, REST, JSON, XML, HTTP, Websockets
Databases: Oracle, DB2, MS SQL Server, Derby, MongoDB
Domain knowledge: IT, Automobile, Banking, Foods and Beverages, Research
Senior Performance Engineer
- Performance Test solutioning, defining Performance Test Strategies, Approaches, Test Plans and WorkLoad Modeling for DatasiteOne SPA Application and underlying Microservices.
- Evaluated various Performance Test tools for the cost effective and suitable tool for the DatasiteOne SPA Application and underlying Microservices.
- Advanced Test Scripts development using BeanShell, Selenium WebDriver & Java scripting in JMeter and custom C programs in LoadRunner.
- Implemented CI/CD with running JMeter Performance Tests from GitHub repositories thru Jenkins jobs on cloud based clients located (virtually) in various Geos.
- Monitoring various Performance metrics using AppDynamics, Splunk, Windows PerfMon, VMStat, IOStat, etc.
- Developing Load test scripts using JMeter and HP LoadRunner tools.
- Coordinating with DevOps/TechOps team in instrumenting various Dashboards & Reports for Performance statistics in AppDynamics & Splunk and diagnosing the identified Performance issues using AppDynamics and Splunk.
- Analyzing the Performance Test Results and creating Confluence wiki pages with various Test Results Graphs and Reports.
- Reviewing the Performance Test Reports with Product and Business owners and revising the Performance Test Strategy, Plans and Test Scripts accordingly.
- Coordinating with Agile teams using Confluence, JIRA and HipChat.
Tools: JMeter, Jenkins, JIRA, AppDynamics, Splunk, HP Load Runner 12.53, NeoLoad, Windows PerfMon, ResourceMon, SQL Profiler, VMStat, IOStat, REST Microservices, MongoDB, GitHub
Lead Performance Engineer
- Developed performance test strategy, test plans, test summary and publish performance test metrics to senior management.
- Experience in all types of Performance testing (Load/Stress/Endurance, Spike, Scalability and Failover), Skilled in Loadrunner (Vugen, Controller, and Analysis tool), JMeter, Soasta CloudTest and Perfecto.
- Expert in analyzing performance test result and identify bottlenecks of Web and Mobile applications.
- Acted as a performance consultant to the technology team.
- Assisted project status meetings/sprint planning sessions in representation of the Performance team
- Supports testing of iterative development methodologies such as Agile
- Experience working on performance testing and engineering of large scale web applications.
- Coordinate and collaborate with multiple groups to determine, gather and verify performance test needs
- Experience in developing test scripts, scenarios, and use cases using Demand Models.
- Experience of organized, detail-oriented, and be able to work independently.
- Basic understanding of data center asset stacks, including Applications, Middleware, Databases, Operating Systems, Virtual Machines, Servers, Storage, and Network.
- Involved in extensive DATA validation using SQL queries and back-end testing.
- Created conceptual, logical, and physical data models and Analyzed data using SQL and other tools.
- Experience in writing SQL queries for data verification and backend testing.
- Involve in analyzing Business Requirement Specifications and development of Test Scenarios.
- Review User Requirements, Interface Control Documents (ICD), The Program Test and Evaluation Management Plan (TEMP), Use Cases, Architecture Diagrams and Design Documents to develop Test Cases.
- Prepare Product Description Document (PDD) and Defect Remediation Plan based on the US Census requirements.
- Attended daily scrum meeting to update status of the projects.
Tools: Agile Methodology, Confidential LoadRunner 12.53, ALM 12.53, SoapUI, JMeter, Soasta LoadTest, Confidential UFT 12.02, Selenium, AWS, SOA, AppDynamics, Blazemeter, Mainframe, MQSeries, AIX, HTML, DHTML, J2EE, IIS,XML, JSP, JMS, Servlets, Web Services, Pega, Websphere Integrated Solutions Console, AWS Console, Confidential Agile Manager,Wireshark, Splunk, IBM Heap Analyzer, Perfecto, Reflection, TOAD
- Non Functional Requirement gathering, Business processes and load details for Performance Testing.
- Involved in design,Test plan, Test executions, Detailed analysis reports preparation.
- Designed and developed test strategy thet reflects realtime scenarios.
- Developed jmeter scripts according to test specisfications/requirements to validate against performance SLA.
- Developed Loadrunner Scripts in Web, Web services, Flex and Citrix protocols.Created Vusers to emulate concurrent users, inserting Rendezvous points in the Vuser scripts and executed the Vuser Scripts in various scenarios which were both goal oriented and manual using Load Runner.
- Extensively used correlation, parameterization techniques, goal oriented & manual scenarios and created multiple Vusers in the test scripts for testing the System.
- Configured Web, Application, and Database server performance monitoring setup using LoadRunner Controller, Wily Introscope, & AppDynamics.
- Tested performance of web application and generated automation test scripts for different scenarios .
- Evaluation of various automation tools in accordance with applications and organizational requirements.
- Offshore Coordination as well as worked as Test Lead from Onsite.
- Supported PerformanceTesting for different projects related to Messaging services like EMX and AMH.
- Supported MQ’s Performance Testing as well as web applications like EMX UI.
Tools: Apache Jmeter, SQL developer, App Dynamics, Grafana, Linux monitoring, Github, Jenkins, Zephyr.
Confidential - NY
- Effectively used all the components of FFB Performance and efficient in writing Loadrunner functions.
- Gathering Non Functional Requirements, Business Processes and volume details necessary for Performance Testing.
- Created Test Plan/Strategy, which includes Testing Resources, Testing Strategy, Risks and testing of end-to-end scenarios.
- Designed and implemented performance test frameworks for improving test efficiency.
- Coordinated with legacy team to schedule batch jobs using BMC Control-M.
- Extensive advanced programming of LoadRunner VuGen scripts for dynamic navigation.
- Creating the Test Scenarios, executing and generating reports using LoadRunner 8.1.
- Performance Testing - Load testing, stress testing and soak testing of the application.
- Installed, customized and administered Performance Center, LoadRunner and QTP. Troubleshoot issues encountered, evaluate and perform upgrades of the tools in the Mercury suite.
- Leveraging my experience in functional testing using QTP and building automation solutions using Quality center.
- Involved in preparation of Automation plan and framework and lead the effort to enhance and extend automation framework to products tested manually.
- Configured Application Performance Analyzer for monitoring system resources and activity.
- Used SiteScope to monitor server metrics.
- Work closely with software developers and take an active role in ensuring that the software components meet the highest quality standards.
- Provide support to the development team in identifying real world use cases and appropriate workflows
- Involved in LR scripting and performance testing along with teams from IBM and SAIC creating a complete platform for performance testing.
- Created Various Vuser Scripts based on the Transactions such as Transfer funds, My Accounts, Customer service, Alerts, and pay bills Used by the Real Time users using VuGen of Load Runner.
- Created Vusers to emulate concurrent users, inserting Rendezvous points in the Vuser scripts and executed the Vuser Scripts in various scenarios
Environment: Java, J2EE 1.4, AJAX, HTML, Web Services, SQL Server.
Confidential - San Antonio, TX
- Analysed issues related to servers bys using Dynatrace to drill down into issues.
- Played major role in entire testing Life cycle like Functional Testing, Validation Testing, Exception Testing, Integration testing, end-to end testing, Performance testing.
- Worked in Requirement analysis, Test strategy documentation of required system and functional testing efforts for all test scenarios including Positive testing, Negative tests
- Created and documented the Test Scenarios for business critical transactions mentioned in Test Plans to develop the test scripts
Environment: /Tools:.Dynatrace, Splunk, HP LoadRunner, Quality Center, Loadrunner 12.02, JMeter, Web services, SoapUI, Citrix.