- Self - driven, talented, resourceful and more than Seven (7+) years of strong working experience in the IT industry as a QA Analyst / QA Tester for Web based and Client Server applications playing a key role in test planning, test development, test execution and test methodologies also Participated in complete Software Development Life Cycle.
Test Management Tool: HP ALM/QC (Quality Center), TFS, MTM, VSO/VSTS, JIRA, Zephyr, Test Rail
Automation Tool: HP Quick Test Professional (QTP)/ HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT)
Application: Web Based and Client Server
Application Languages: Java, C++, C#, .NET, HTML, XML, CSS, VB.
Scripting Languages: Visual Basic Script (VBs)
Methodology: Agile (Scrum), Kanban, Waterfall, Iterative
Operating System: Windows, IOS, Chrome
RDBMS: Oracle (10g/11g), DB2, MS SQL Server
Others Software: MS Office Suite, Lync/Skype, WebEx
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst
Confidential | New York, NY
- Use the Agile Scrum Methodology to fully accomplish the software development lifecycle entire process in a significant software development project.
- To ensure that the system meets all technological and business criteria, evaluate user stories and design specifications documents and involve user story analysis and estimates.
- Responsible to help the QA Manager define and establish a test strategy and test plan for testing and to build test scenarios and cases by evaluating business/technical specifications and system designs for all kinds of tests.
- Write manual test scenarios and test cases based on the user stories, change requests and functional design document.
- Perform story Analysis by compiling both functional and non-functional specifications based on experiences with process holders, reviewing documentation and representing them in the Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Using Jira with Zephyr add on designing all manual test cases, execute and also generate reports.
- Log Bug/Defect and tracked them using JIRA till its closure following company defect life cycle.
- Performing Web-based Testing including GUI Testing, Black-Box Testing, Smoke Testing, Functional Testing, Backend Testing, Regression, Integration, System, Exploratory, UX/UI, Usability, and User Acceptance Testing.
- Manually test all the modules by inserting various data to perform data validation with positive and negative data.
- Assisting the DEV team in Defect analysis with client decide what Defects should be assigned, fixed, rejected or deferred.
- Executing Regression Testing as required to ensure that the latest delivery has not ruined anything, and that the software product is still working correctly.
- Developed Test scripts and worked with automation team to develop VB script, Descriptive scripts and objects, script enhancement using check points by using HP UFT (Unified Functional Testing) for Regression and Functional testing purpose following Data driven and modular framework.
- Conduct Backend Testing using SQL queries with select, insert, update etc. Validate and manipulate data from the database and, used SQL queries for retrieving data from Oracle database for executing user specific test cases.
- Write complex SQL queries using various kinds of joining and sub-queries to retrieve complex data from the RDBMS.
- Completing Exit Criteria to store all key outputs, lessons learned, results, logs, documents related to the project to use them as a reference for future projects.
- Attending Sprint planning, Daily Stand-up, Grooming, Demo, Retrospective, Documentation review, Requirements and Application architectural meetings as required.
- Work with stakeholders to determine their needs, offer information or support, address their issues and/or meet their standards.
Software QA Analyst
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
- Take part in sprint planning and release planning for user stories, time estimations and obtain QA tasks and activities.
- To clarify the features of the program, contact the technical staff and the software/product owner.
- Coordinate with the QA Lead, Clients, Developers, Business Analyst, and other QA staffs in order to complete the assignment on schedule and to ensure that the specifications are fulfilled.
- Follow Agile methodology, participated in daily SCRUM meetings and testing each SPRINT deliverables.
- Analyze of user story according with the Acceptance criteria as a part of STLC process
- Write manual test scenarios and test cases based on user stories, change requests and functional design documents.
- Design all manual test cases step by step into HP Application Life Cycle Management (ALM) test plan section.
- Responsible for the Web based testing including GUI Testing, Black box testing, Regression Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, Performance Testing, Stress Testing, Functional Testing, Exploratory Testing, UX/UI Testing, Usability Testing, Smoke Testing, Backend Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Perform various kinds of testing manually and update execution result in HP ALM in test Lab section.
- Responsible for assisting various business units with UAT script development and conversion into HP ALM format.
- Analyze, test, and validate all processes, changes, and defects through HP QC/ALM site administration to mitigate risk of errors and the effect on other processes.
- Perform Requirement Analysis by gathering both functional and non-functional requirements based on interactions with the process owners, document analysis and represented them in Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Manually test modules by inserting different data to perform the data validation with positive and negative data.
- Log defects and tracked them using HP ALM till its closure following company defect life cycle.
- Closely work with Automation team and perform automation testing using HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT/ QTP) for creating, maintaining, and debugging complex and innovative scripts for frameworks such as Modular, Data-Driven, Keyword-Driven, and Hybrid Framework.
- Develop and maintain custom library, error handling, recovery scenarios, reporting methods, descriptive programming and repository management using QTP/UFT for Automation framework.
- Proficient in writing VBScript from scratch using UFT/QTP for functional testing to incorporate new code change and enhancements.
- Run multiple regression suite scripts in batch using UFT batch runner tool in overnight execution.
- Collect and analyzed test results and compared them against the target metrics to determine the pass/fail.
- Extensively involved with testing the front-end screens and online features integration with the back-end database.
- Conduct backend testing using SQL queries to validate data for database and used SQL queries for retrieving data from Oracle database for executing user specific test cases.
- Write complex SQL queries using various kinds of joining and sub queries to retrieve complex data from RDBMS
- Performed web service testing (Rest API) with postman and validating requests and responses for XML and JSON.
- Experienced of creating API test cases in postman tool using application endpoint, header, body and validation steps in the test to get the response in JSON.
- Used HTTP methods GET, POST, PUT, DELETE to validate the data in the APIs.
- To further clear the defects in the QA bucket, join the regular defect status call and assign or work on the defects.
- Responsible for Weekly Status updates indicating success in the research effort.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
- Detailed test plans and test scripts were prepared for multiple scenarios by reviewing practical documentation, graphic interface documents, content measurements and usage cases to cover the requirements for user approval.
- Performed User Acceptance Testing on behalf of business/stakeholders along with certain functional scenarios to give the final sign off.
- Responsible for writing and conducting positive, negative for functional test cases to cover cumulative quality assurance using the HP Quality Center (QC) test management tool for each release.
- Responsible for Black Box, functional testing, User Acceptance testing (UAT), smoke testing, exploratory testing and Regression testing and integration testing on various releases.
- Planning and execution of backend testing. Designed simple to complex SQL queries with various joining to retrieve data for database testing
- Tracking test case results, analysis problems, log defects, defect tracking in QC/ALM.
- Regular interaction with core developers to assure that all the defects is addressed in time.
- Mapped test plan back to functional requirements for ensuring all the requirements are been included in the test cases.
- Used Automation tool like HP Quick test pro (QTP) for creating automation test script along with debugging to enhancing the script for execution purpose.
- Executed, reviewed and updated automated scripts using checkpoint, wait statement, parameterization followed by VB script and descriptive programing time-to-time
- Attended all Sprint planning session, regular standup sessions, retrospectives, poker planning meetings, story review meetings and addressed all the deployment and testing problems resulting from the sprint.
Associate Quality Assurance Analyst
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Involved in creating Test Plans, Test scenarios, Test scripts and Test cases that correspond to the test requirements maximize verification coverage of system variables.
- Exposure to various requirements developed and executed both manual and automation test scripts.
- Specified testing requirements, designed test steps, generated test templates, mapped requirement coverage and imported test cases in the Test Lab.
- Created, executed tests, generated the test report and created graphs using Quality Center.
- Prepared Tool Mentor documentation & PowerPoint presentation of Quality Center for the client and for the team members.
- Developed Requirement Traceability Matrices and Test Analysis Report.
- Involved in Functionality, Regression, Black Box, Back-end, Integration, User Acceptance, Load, Stress and Performance Testing.
- Involved in writing SQL queries for Backend Testing and to verify the database updates, inserts and deletions etc., of the records, and validate them.
- Responsible for identifying the functional test cases for Regression Testing and automate test scripts using Quick Test Pro.
- Communicated defects encountered during Regression Test and followed-up with developers until all issues were resolved.
- Coordinated closely with programmers to ensure proper implementation of tests, provided feedback, and documented test results.
- Document the results of testing using the projects defect tracking system and provides input to the Software Test Report for each release.