- Over 7 years of experience in Software Quality Assurance and Testing of Stand Alone, Client Server, Web Based applications, Data Warehousing, BI and ETL Testing.
- Well versed with various types Software Development methodologies - Water fall, Agile, RUP, Iterative and extreme Programming.
- Experience in Software QA and Testing Methodologies, verification and validations in all phases of the SDLC.
- Expertise in Business Requirement gathering through JAD sessions, interviews, workshops and walkthroughs, and main concentration in Business Process Flow and Business modeling tools as a Business analyst
- Ensuring smooth onsite to offshore transition of requirements and conducting knowledge transition sessions.
- In depth technical knowledge and understanding of Data Warehousing, Data Validations, OLAP, SQL Server, Oracle and ETL.
- Experience in Migrating/testing reports from Hyperion to Microsurgery
- Experienced in automation tools QTP, Quality Centre, Win Runner, Test Director, Load Runner Rational Robot, Clear Case and Clear Quest
- Extensive knowledge and experience in producing tables, reports, graphs and listings using various SAS procedures and handling large databases to perform complex data manipulations.
- Experience in testing XML files and validating the data loaded to staging tables.
- Strong technical Knowledge of UNIX Utilities, shell Script to automate process.
- Ability to manage multiple project in testing by managing team, automate process and delivered all task.
- Ability to develop complicated SQL script for Data validation testing by running SQL script, procedures.
- Experience in data retrieval methods using Universes, Personal Data files, Stored Procedures, and free hand SQL.
- Experienced in co-ordinating resources within Onsite-Offshore model
- Automated and scheduled the Informatica jobs using UNIX Shell Scripting
- Proficient in SQL, PERL, Shell Scripting and PL/SQL coding and experience in Performance Tuning of SQL and Stored Procedures.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply a wide range of software test engineering concepts: testing principles (Testing Methodology) and concepts, building a test environment, tracking defects n Quality Center
- Expert in review and analyze requirements, use cases, technical specifications and database designs.
- Expert in Develop Test Plans, Test Designs, Specifications, Test Cases and Scenarios.
- Experienced in documenting defects, generate defect and test progress graphs with overall test summary
- Extensively Used Quality Center, PVCS Tracker, Rational Clear Quest for Test Case and defect tracking management.
- Extensively involved in SIT and UAT by supporting Testing and implement QA Process.
- Excellent Technical, Interpersonal and solid communication skills with the ability to interact with end-users and managers and Experience in requirement gathering and Training End-users
BI Tools: Business Objects XIR3/XIR 2/6.5/6.0/5.1 , Hyperion, Desktop Intelligence, Cognos Series 8.0, Crystal Reports, SAS9.1 Xcelsius
ETL Tools: Informatica, Data Stage, SSIS, Ab Initio
RDBMS: Oracle 10g/9i/8i, DB2, MS Access, MS
SQL ServerDesign Tools: ERWin 4.X, ER Tool, UML 2.0
Web/Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, JBoss, Weblogic, WebSphere
Testing Tools: WinRunner, QTP 9.2, Rational Clear Quest, Test Director
Operating Systems: Windows NT/XP Prof/2003 Server/2000/98/95, UNIX
Languages: Java, C, C++, VB, SQL, PL/SQL, HTML, DHTML, XML, XSLT, Shell Scripting, PERL
Others: MS Office-2003, MS Project.
Confidential, Cumberland, RI
- Used Quality Center to create manual and automated tests, build test cases, Test cycles, run tests, report and track defects.
- Generated reports and graphs to review the progress of test planning, tests run and defects tracked.
- Used Quality center to manage the requirements, test cases and also log defects and generate defect reports and graphs.
- Functioned as the Onsite / Offshore coordinator for a team.
- Queried databases using SQL queries in TOAD and SQL Server Management Studio to validate the data loaded into target tables
- Experience in Leading the Offsite Project, managing a team of 8 Offshore and 4 Onsite consultants..
- Performed Load, Stress and Performance testing using Mercury Load Runner
- Written XSLT scripts for various XML needs and used XPath, XQuery for data retrieval from XML documents.
- Extensively tested several Hyperion reports for data quality, fonts, headers & cosmetic.
- Developed Test Plan and Test Strategy for multiple data feed applications.
- Developed regression test scripts for the application and Involved in metrics gathering, analysis and reporting to concerned team and Tested the testing programs
- High Level Test Plans were written by incorporating User Profiles, Configurations, Environments, Risks, Test Scenarios, Schedules and Analysis and Presentation of Results
- Ensuring smooth onsite to offshore transition of requirements and conducting knowledge transition sessions
- Involved in developing test cases to test Teradata scripts (Bteq, multiload, fastload).
- As part of Data warehousing QA responsibilities, we have done with data verification and data validation of services providing by the Clear Vision system for business decision and reporting.
- Create and Monitor workflows using workflow designer and workflow monitor.
- Written several complex SQL queries for data validation and data verification.
- Defined the Scope for System Integration Testing and was responsible to understand and train others on the enhancements or new features developed.
- Compared the data sets resulted from the databases Oracle and SQL Server using the tool, Toad for Data Analysts.
- Involved in the design of web application using HTML, DHTML, Cascading style Sheets Java script and ASP.
- Tune and test the mappings to perform better using different logics to provide maximum efficiency.
- Written Test Cases for ETL to compare Source and Target database systems, Source to Target column level mapping, check Referential integrity etc and created the scripts accordingly.
- Created BTEQ Scripts to automate the test cases and extensively written test scripts for back-end validations.
- Identifying duplicate records in the staging area before data gets processed and ensured that the mappings are correct and conducted data validation.
- Testing the source and target databases for conformance to specifications
- Conducted review sessions on test case and regression test scripts in quality center.
- Reviewing the project and coordinating with onsite Clients, onsite Project Leads and local reporting managers.
- Tested several reports developed in MS Reporting Services which were migrated from Hyperion.
- Did work with SOA testing involving SOAP, XML, and REST.
- Tested data feeds from XML to Database.
- Used T-SQL for Querying the SQL Server database for data validation and data conditioning
- Involved in validating both functional and automated business processes using Confidential Quality center.
- Updated the status of the testing to the QA team, and accomplished tasked for the assigned work to the Project Management team regularly
- Identify & record defects with required information for issue to be reproduced by development team.
- Flexible to work late hours to coordinate with offshore team.
Environment: Oracle 10g, Hyperion, SQL, PL/SQL, MS SQL Server 2008, ), Teradata V2R6 (MLOAD, FLOAD, FAST EXPORT, BTEQ), Teradata SQL Assistant,, J2EE, Java, UNIX, TOAD, XML, XSLT, Quality Center 10.0, Windows XP.
Confidential, Downers Grove, IL
- Involved in Business analysis and requirements gathering.
- Analyzed business requirements, system requirements, data mapping requirement specifications, and responsible for documenting functional requirements and supplementary requirements in Quality Center 9.2
- Assisted in creating fact and dimension table implementation in Star Schema model based on requirements.
- Performed segmentation to extract data and create lists to support direct marketing mailings and marketing mailing campaigns.
- Reviewing the project and coordinating with onsite Clients, onsite Project Leads and local reporting managers.
- Ensuring onsite to offshore transition, QA Processes and closure of problems & issues.
- Defined data requirements and elements used in XML transactions.
- Executed the Test Scripts in TOAD and documented the results in RTM.
- Tested the database schema with help of data architects using ERWIN.
- Involved in the testing of Data Mart using Power Center.
- Identified and Documented additional data cleansing needs and consistent error patterns that could diverted by modifying ETL code.
- Executed the Functional Win Runner Automated Scripts and Regression Win Runner Automated Scripts
- Tested Functionality Testing, Usability testing and Interface testing for mulitiple Web Applications created in Java
- Analyzed and tested various Hyperion reports for Hierarchies, Aggregation, Conditions and Filters.
- Responsible for different Data mapping activities from Source systems to Teradata
- Queried Teradata Database and validated the data using Sql Assistant.
- Effectively distributed responsibilities, arranged meetings and communicated with team members in all phases of the project.
- Used import and export facilities of the application to download/upload XMLs of failed test cases so as to re-verify.
- Scheduled the jobs using Auto sys and automated the jobs to be ran at specific time and automated the reports.
- Used TOAD & SQL Navigator GUI tools for Querying Database.
- Writing UNIX scripts to perform certain tasks and assisting developers with problems and SQL optimization
- Converted SQL queries results into PERL variable and parsed the same for multiple reasons.
- Optimizing/Tuning several complex SQL queries for better performance and efficiency.
- Created various PL/SQL stored procedures for dropping and recreating indexes on target tables.
- Tuned ETL jobs/procedures/scripts, SQL queries, PL/SQL procedures to improve the system performance.
- Processed a query to update a field in an Oracle database, to ensure that debt payments are allocated.
- Tested and validated the cube data, ensuring that the data is correct by comparing the data results to comparable source system reports or by querying individual transactions and forms.
- Worked in multiple source data extraction and data transition from existing production system to test environment.
- Created and executed SQL queries in ORACLE and MS SQL server
- Queried databases using SQL queries in TOAD and SQL Server Management Studio to validate the data loaded into target tables.
- Developed automation test scripts by using data driven, parameterization and regular expression in QTP.
- Involved in testing the UI applications
- Used Query Studio to develop ad hoc reports and tested reports using variety of parameters.
- Did Unit testing for all reports and packages.
- Designed and developed UNIX shell scripts as part of the ETL process, automate the process of loading, pulling the data.
- Create and execute load test plans and scripts using Load Runner
- Validated the XML data.
- Involved in extensive DATA validation using SQL queries and back-end testing.
- Tested complex objects to the universe to enhance the report functionality.
- Responsible for migrating the code changes from development environment to SIT, UAT and Production environments.
- Validated cube and query data from the reporting system back to the source system.
- Involved in testing the XML files and checked whether data is parsed and loaded to staging tables.
- Tested analytical reports using Analysis Studio.
Environment: Flat files, Perl, Hyperion, Erwin 4.0, DTS, MS SQL Server 2005, Oracle 9i, SQL, PL/SQL, IBM DB2 8.0, Teradata V2R6, Teradata SQL Assistant, XML, XSLT, COBOL, QTP 9.0, Confidential Quality Center 9.2, Auto sys, UTL FILE, TSO, ISPF, OS/z, JCL,, J2EE, Java, Toad, Unix Shell Scripting, Windows XP/2000.
Confidential, St Paul, MN
- Analyzed the Functional requirements using Scenarios & DDD(Detailed Design Document)
- Prepared Master Test Plan (IEEE) duly designing and developing test cases for the modules of the system that defines types of testing to be conducted and test data required for testing.
- Setting up of environments to be used for testing and the range of functionalities to be tested as per technical specifications.
- Worked with XML feeds from multiple sources systems and loaded the same into Enterprise data warehouse.
- Create, debug and run the test scripts/procedures in QTP.
- Worked with development team to ensure testing issues are resolved on the basis of using defect reports.
- Generated the detailed reports of the Bugs, go no go reports and comparison charts.
- Involved in Manual and Automated testing using QTP and Quality Center.
- Conducted Black Box - Functional, Regression and Data Driven. White box - Unit and Integration Testing (positive and negative scenarios).
- Defects tracking, review, analyze and compare results using Quality Center.
- Participating in the MR/CR review meetings to resolve the issues.
- Defined the Scope for System and Integration Testing
- Identifying field and data defects with required information in DataStage ETL process in various jobs and one to one mapping.
- Prepares and submit the summarized audit reports and taking corrective actions
- Involved in Uploading Master and Transactional data from flat files and preparation of Test cases, Sub System Testing.
- Used TOAD Software for Querying the databases.
- Document and publish test results, troubleshoot and escalate issues
- Preparation of various test documents for ETL process in Quality Center.
- Involved in Test Scheduling and milestones with the dependencies
- Functionality testing of email notification in DataStage job failures, abort or data issue problems.
- Identify, assess and intimate potential risks associated to testing scope, quality of the product and schedule
- Created and executed test cases for DataStage jobs to upload master data to repository.
- Identified & presented effort estimations related to testing efforts to Project Management Team
- Conducted test case review and revision of surrogate key generation in DataStage to uniquely identify master data elements for newly inserted data.
- Responsible to understand and train others on the enhancements or new features developed
- Conduct load testing and provide input into capacity planning efforts.
- Provide support to client with assessing how many virtual user licenses would be needed for performance testing, specifically load testing using Load Runner
- Create and execute test scripts, cases, and scenarios that will determine optimal system performance according to specifications.
- Modified the automated scripts from time to time to accommodate the changes/upgrades in the application interface.
- Sending package install requests for new builds and verifying proper packages are installed.
- Tested the database to check field size validation, check constraints, stored procedures and cross verifying the field size defined within the application with metadata.
- Involved in testing the Cognos reports by writing complex SQL queries
- Tested different master detail, summary reports, ad-hoc reports and on demand reports using Cognos Report Studio.
- Tested Cognos reports to check whether they are generated as per the company standards.
Environment: Oracle 8i, SQL, Data Stage 7.5, XML,IBM DB2, TOAD, Cognos 7.0, QTP 8.0, SQL Server 2005, Quality Center 8.0, Load Runner7.0, Java, Unix AIX 5.2,VB Script, Windows XP.
- Involved in Test plan and Test case preparation.
- Prepared reusable function in QTP to use across the automation scripts
- Involved in Installation testing and Transformation of XML documents using XSLT.
- Transformed the XML documents into various form using XSLT.
- Identify business rules for data migration and Perform data validations.
- Experienced in writing complex SQL queries for extracting data from multiple tables.
- Review the test cases written based on the Change Request document.
- Testing has been done based on Change Requests and Defect Requests.
- Preparation of System Test Results after Test case execution.
- Coordinated with Offshore team and Onsite managers
- Interacting with developers for the Bug Fixes and Problem resolution
- Involved in preparing Daily status report
- Provided weekly management status reports.
- Executed SQL Queries to check table updates and data retrieval
- Conducted Data Driven Testing using different sets of external data
- Involved in Hindi based Localization Testing.
- Reporting defects to development team through the Test Director.
- Involved in Test Summary Report preparation
Environment: Oracle 8i, QTP 7.0, Win Runner, Test Director 7.5, XML, XSLT, SQL, PL/SQL, Test Cases, Test Scripts, Test Plan, Traceability Matrix.