- 3+ year hands - on experience in manual testing of web-based and mobile applications in Agile environment
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle and SQA methodology
- Experience in performing Functionality, GUI, Usability, Regression, Re-testing, Release acceptance, Platform and Browser compatibility Tests
- Extensive experience in preparing Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Strategy, Test Case Specifications, Test Scenarios, Test Data, Defect Reports and Documentation
- Hands on experience in Tracking and Reporting defects using Defect Tracking Tools such as Bugzilla and Jira and follow through to their resolution
- Work with cross-browser and cross-device testing for web and mobile applications on Android and iOS platforms
- Create logs, screenshots, video recordings to document testing phases and defects both in web and mobile applications
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Good team player and have the ability to work with minimum supervision to achieve and exceed goals and deliverables
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment, quickly learn and implement acquired skills
- Excellent problem-solving, multi-tasking and decision-making skills
- Hard-working, detail oriented, self-motivated, and well-organized. Strong critical and creative thinking
OS Platforms: Windows, macOS, Linux (Ubuntu, Mint, Debian)
Database: Oracle, MS SQL Server, MS Access
Automation: Selenium WebDriver, Jira, Bugzilla, Jenkins
Mobile Platforms: Android OS, iOS
Networking: TCP/IP, Ipv4/IPv6, 802.1x, VPN, WAN, LAN, DHCP, DNS, HTTP, IMAP/POP3, SMTP, FTP, SSH, UDP, Microsoft SQL Server, Mail Server, File server, Web Server
Cloud: AWS, Office 365, Docker
Bug Tracking: JIRA, Bugzilla
Software QA Engineer
Confidential, Los Altos, CA
- Participate in all phases of the Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC)
- Perform agile testing, review the stories, and participated in Daily Scrum, Iteration Planning and Release Planning meeting.
- Review Web based and Native Mobile applications and identify critical functionalities.
- Involve in the design and development of test plan from business and Functional requirements which includes test objectives, test strategies, test environments etc.
- Participate in peer review with team and developers to review test cases/test scripts.
- Perform System, Integration, Smoke, Sanity, Functional, End to End, Positive and Negative and monitored the behavior of the applications during different phases of testing using testing methodologies.
- Perform back-end testing by writing and executing SQL queries to validate the data from Oracle
- Interact with users by conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to ensure that the total functionality of the application was met by complying with all the business requirements.
- Participate in weekly QA status and project status meetings to report any defects and issues encountered in application.
- Discuss with team lead and Project Manager regarding testing deadlines and post deployment validation.
- Actively communicate with the end users and business users to create realistic test cases.
- Provide test summary documentation and analyze test results, identifying root causes of problems.
- Develop training materials, system maintenance and operating manuals for the QA environment and used the same to train the users.
- Establish business continuity through Knowledge Transfer and mentoring of new resources.
- Coordinate with IT leads, developers and system integration team to resolve various issues related to bug fixing, re-analyzing certain functionalities and providing creative feedbacks