- 10+ years of professional IT experience in Quality Assurance Software Development, Testing and Automation on Video Delivery Systems.
- Experience in Java/J2EE with strong background of OOPs concept.
- Good Hands on experience in Provisioning of X1, STBs, DTAs, CM and EMTA boxes via CSG and ICOMS billing systems.
- Good Hands on experience in Automation tools Selenium, HP Unified Functional Testing, Jenkins, Web - service Automation, Postman Automation, JMeter, and SOAP UI.
- Good Hands on experience in Microservices, Ansible playbooks, Kubernetes, CI/CD Pipeline Jobs using Jenkins to orchestrate multi-environment Microservice deployments.
- Hands on experience in AWS Services EC2, S3, Kafka, Redis, ECR, Route 53, VPC, ELB, Kinesis etc.,
- Experience in working with IDE’s like Eclipse, Intellij and Net Beans.
- Very good Knowledge in build tools like Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Very good Knowledge in using RDBMS concepts with Cassandra, Oracle, MySQL, Aurora DB, MongoDB.
- Very good Knowledge in Monitoring tools Instana, Grafana.
- Strong knowledge on Agile, Devops and Waterfall methodologies.
- Strong knowledge in Defect Tracking Tools JIRA, ALM and Rally.
- Experience in preparing the Automated Test Suite with Data driven and Cucumber Frameworks.
- Extensive experience in Software Configuration Management using Version Control tools such as SVN, GitHub and responsible for various software version releases.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and involved in client interactions for scoping, effort estimates and status reporting.
- Has the motivation to take independent responsibility and be a productive team member, accompanying a strong programming and analytical background.
- Able to learn/adapt emerging technologies in work area.
Programming Languages: Java/J2EE, Visual Basic
Java: Object Oriented Programming (OOP), Data Structure, Collections Framework, Exception Handling, Java I/O, JUnit etc.
Test Automation Tools: Postman, Selenium, HP Unified Functional Testing, SOAP UI, Jenkins, JMeter, Sikuli
Automation Frameworks: JUnit, TestNG, Data Driven and Cucumber Framework
Database Tools: Cassandra, Oracle, MySQL and MongoDB.
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX, LINUX, Mac
Other Tools: Kubernetes, Ansible, Instana, Grafana, Maven, Putty, TCPdump, Wireshark, FileZilla, Nagios, SonarQube
AWS: EC2, S3, Kafka, Redis, ECR, R53, Kinesis, RDS, Lambda, VPC
IDE: Intellij IDE, Eclipse IDE and Net Beans
Source Control: SVN, GitHub, Stash
Billing Systems: CSG, ICOMS
Defect Tracking Tools: JIRA, HP ALM
Confidential, Denver, CO
Integration Engineer - Quality Assurance Lead
- Certifying Cable Set Top Boxes models (Motorola, World Boxes (Humax, Arris, Technicolor, IP)) on QAM and DOCSIS headends (Arris, Cisco) as part of digital video development.
- Certifying IPTV Boxes (Roku/Apple) as part of video streaming software solutions.
- Provisioning of Set Top boxes via CSG and ICOMS billing systems.
- Enhancing, Analyzing and Troubleshooting Video/STB’s issues during provisioning and upgrade of Active Video (AV) Platform/Microservices components which is the backbone for Spectrum Guide functionality in 82 markets in the Charter footprint.
- Responsible for deploying, analyzing, implementing, automating, maintaining, debugging Microservices.
- Deployment & configuration of Product Build Weekly releases on the Linux Server. Engineering different Environments (Microservices Clusters, Performance Environments).
- Using Ansible Playbooks, Kubernetes, CI/CD Pipeline Jobs using Jenkins he deploys Microservices which are responsible for launch of Guide, Menu, Live TV, DVR, VOD, Netflix and other related STB features.
- Worked in AWS Services EC2, S3, Kafka, Redis, ECR, Kinesis, RDS, Lambda, VPC
- Worked on creating scripts using automation framework in STH (Spectrum Test Hub), STB Tester and Postman collection for STB applications.
- Perform daily regression of STB using the automation scripts and validate the report for failures.
- Perform framework enhancement, scripts optimization and Integrating with Jenkins for Periodic execution to monitor APIs.
- SME and Point of contact for delivery of all Microservices releases to production.
- Worked in Mirroring and Canary based Microservice deployments techniques to support Application Decommission and Migration to reduce the risk of releasing new version of service to PROD by limiting the scope of impact to a defined boundary gradually rollout new service version to the entire production footprint without causing outage.
- Develops MOPs and reviewing MOPs with Product, Release Management, and Deployment Support teams and get the approval for production releases across all production markets, performs POST validation after deployment.
- Works with stakeholders from various dev and test teams to understand and gather requirements, analyze, plan, strategize and create detailed test case design.
- Accountable for maintaining environments for the test team, test execution, application monitoring and timely submission of all defects.
- Managing offshore team and coordinating with them on day-to-day tasks
Tools: & Technologies: AWS components (EC2, S3, Kafka, Redis, ECR, R53, Kinesis, RDS, Lambda, VPC), Java, Python, Kubernetes, Ansible, Java, HP ALM, Jenkins, JIRA, REST API, Maven, Intellij IDE, Stash and GIT, Instana, Grafana, Postman, Jmeter, SOAP UI, Putty, Wireshark, VMware, TestNG, Apache Tomcat, FileZilla.
Functional and Automation Engineer - Technology Analyst
- Involved in Functional Testing, End-to-End Testing, Software Testing, User Experience, Regression Testing.
- Involved in gathering Test requirements, Test Planning, Test data setup.
- Followed Agile and also DevOps methodologies.
- Involved in Application Deployment, RDK Firmware Installation, Downgrade/Upgrade, Pulling Ocapri logs from X1 boxes.
- Provisioning, Downloading code, Loading Channel Maps, Validating guide data, Upgrade/Downgrade Mcard in X1, STBs and DTA boxes.
- Developing, Reviewing Automation test scripts, Automation test summary report.
- Framework development for Report automation using JASPER reporting tool.
- Developed REST API framework for automating flash based Web application.
- Developed distributed automation framework across VMs. Ability to select VMs across which execution can be triggered for improving productivity by a factor of the number of VMs available for execution.
- Developed Health Check tool for reporting applications Uptime/Downtime, Disk Storage.
- Created Jenkins jobs for triggering automation execution, patch installation at scheduled time and email the test report to vendor.
- Part of Front end Development in billing system simulator to send BOSS/BASS requests over RPC and parse the response received from the Controller.
- Created Desktop tool for Parsing pcap files into user readable format using JNetPcap Library.
- Application Deployment, Firmware Installation, Downgrade/Upgrade.
- Database backup, full system backup and Restore.
- Defect analysis and Reporting in ALM, JIRA.
Tools: & Technologies: Java, Selenium Webdriver, HP Unified Functional Testing/QTP, HP ALM, Sikuli, Jenkins, JIRA, REST API, JDK 1.7/1.8, Ant, Maven, Eclipse IDE, SonarQube, SVN and GIT, JNetPcap API, Kibana, Nagios, Jmeter, SOAP UI, Putty, Wireshark, VMware, TestNG, Apache Tomcat, JSP, HTML, XML, Rally, FileZilla, Box.
Functional and Automation Engineer
- Involved in Requirement Analysis, Test Plan Preparation and Reviewing with client.
- Involved in Test Lab Setup for EMTA and CM device testing.
- Placing orders such as (Video only, Internet Only, Combo Order, Triple Play Order), maintain Device Inventory, Update customer information using CSG & AMDOCS DST billing systems.
- Regression Testing, E2E testing of provisioning Commercial Embedded Multimedia Terminal Adapter (EMTA) and Residential Devices Cable Modem (CM).
- Validating orders in Symphony Order management, Location services, Enterprise Product Catalogue (EPC), ECUST database, Network Provisioning system (NPS), Broadband Access center (BACC), SPG Switch and Global Directory System (GDS), Broad soft for Commercial.
- Porting telephone numbers, Transfer Account between Billers, validating rate codes, Hunt groups for commercial and bundle details in provisioning applications.
- Involved in device activation using AOS, Grand Slam, and VOXEO IVR activation.
- Dial Tone Testing on CM and EMTA after activation.
- Database validation using TOAD database management toolset, Validation in DDP backend of Comtrac billing system.
- Involved in Automation Script Development, Automation Execution, and Execution report.
- Defect analysis and Reporting in ALM.
Tools: & Technologies: Java, Selenium Webdriver, HP ALM, JDK 1.7, Ant, Maven, Eclipse IDE, SVN, JExplorer, Netrec, SOAP UI, TOAD, XML Marker, VMware, CM and EMTA Devices, CMTS, MPLS,DDP Emulator, CSG/DST Biller, Grand Slam .