- Programmer for many different products and a strict advocate for thinking as a test engineer.
- Saved $400,000 by writing additional python - jenkins jobs for additional processing of automated tests ( Confidential )
- Sole Product developer & Build Release Manager of embedded SW/HW TCAS system and personally installed them in 26 aircraft simulators with various associated avionics. (Binghamton Simulator)
- Automated Test Lead for Android based heads up display ( Confidential
- Sole Product developer & Build Release Manager of several SW/HW embedded projects in medical devices ( Confidential )
- Wrote first life safety critical, of companies history, entire medical device embedded system, documentation & requirements traceability to IEC 60601 & 62304, ISO 13485 and CMMI v3. ( Confidential )
Automated Test Engineer
- Wrote test runner in python & Jenkins which condensed 750+ tests normally executing in 3+ weeks running 24/7 down to 75 Min.
- Saved $400,000 by writing additional python-jenkins jobs for additional processing of automated tests with my manager.
- Strict adherence to requirements & SDLC implementation standards. Code kept in Git repository.
- Wrote automated tests with embedded code device access in proprietary SEGTST test language against LUCOL embedded code segments conforming to DO178A. Code kept in Integrity repository.
Automated Test Lead
- Authored Automation Test Plan and Test Protocols documentation.
- Developed test architecture for implementing the Android based embedded system
- Developed test strategies (DFMEA based) without any GUI requirements documentation so a database of 70+ features was created of how to guide the GUI team. I educated them on writing GUI Test Requirements Document. They were very appreciative.
- Achieved Android code test system written with Automated Test Framework Robotium executing on the embedded SW/HW Android ARM and interfaced to the system of ARMs based controller working.
- Code and build system kept in Integrity revision control.
Software Manager & Embedded Programmer
- Software Manager & sole embedded programmer where I designed the First Life Safety Critical Medical embedded software/firmware written in C for a Left Ventricle Heart Blood Controller Pump in the company’s 25-year history. The contracting company was so ecstatic that they then decided to rebuild the targeted medical device from scratch to use this new embedded system.
- I was responsible for direct customer interface correspondence concerning product releases; issue resolution and software tracking management (Excel and Trac), full sets of SDLC documentation delivered. All documented to IEC 60601, 62304, ISO 13485. Implemented first CMMI into company and drove my product just shy of CMMI level 3. Code kept in Perforce revision control.
- Wrote embedded firmware interpreter console in C for extensive tests for POST and run-time functions implemented for product and very useful for manufacturing testing and hardware design and development. Wrote instruction manual for this interpreter.
- Created extensive debugging control panel (some 100+ control instruments parameters.)
Software Configuration and Build Manager
- Software Configuration and Build Manager of software repositories infrastructure for 4 product lines ensuring compliance FDA, BSI and Transonic acceptance policies & regulations (200,000+ lines of code)
- Responsible for direct customer interface correspondence concerning product releases; issue resolution and software tracking management (Excel & Trac), full sets of SDLC documentation delivered.
- Managed software releases; requirements specifications; IVV (unit, string, system, integration, functional, acceptance, regression testing), documentation; test plans, bug & defect tracking of HW and SW (in Excel & Trac), full software life cycle compliance and regulatory management.
- Wrote near real time embedded systems SW development for hemo-dialysis & cardiac output monitors in Java, C, FORTH and assembler. Developed multiple conceptual designs with several CPU s deployed for comparison
- Re-designed existing product in FORTH and assembler. Ported Dallas Semiconductor 1-Wire API into FORTH, reverse engineered and ported into C for 16bit libraries in CodeWarrior
- Luntbuild Continuous Integration build manager, Subversion & Perforce software repositories, Trac issue tracking, Ant build scripting
- Wrote extensive tests for POST and run-time implemented for product and useful for manufacturing testing during hardware design and development.
- My design methodologies focused on FTA & IDEF0 for function & behavior of embedded systems.
- Implemented (CJKV) on Windows XP. Windows, CE & Java SE & Personal and report to 1.3 & 1.4, MIDP 1.1 and MIDP 2.0.
- Conducted HL7 analysis of implementation and impact for interfacing of blood flow monitors and database administrator inner-hospital system interface