- I work equally well in hardware, software, and mechanical environments. I have been designing, programming, and building advanced equipment and test systems for commercial, medical, satellites/aerospace for over 40 years.
- I have over 25 years advanced experience in LabView and LabView FPGA and over a dozen other languages.
- My specialty is walking into an unknown environment, determining what is needed, and then fulfilling those needs, and delivering a complete test system with hardware, electronics, mechanical, documentation, and calibration equipment with procedures, within a tight fixed timeframe.
- I have been doing this for the largest corporations in the industry for decades. I have a long list of recommendations from satisfied customers and many photos to show my work.
- Lead Test System Design (Contractor/Perm) Worked on designing a mainly digital test system with multiple FPGAs talking LVDS, LVCMOS, SGMII, SPI, Spacewire and other interfaces for a proof of concept flight box on a firm fixed price contract. My contract has just finished and I am actively interviewing.
Senior Systems Test Engineer
- Senior Systems Test Engineer (Contractor) Took over test design of major electromechanical test system utilizing multiple 500+ hp VFD drives, hydraulic drives, and waterbrakes for dynamometer use in testing very high tech mechanical gear drives for aerospace product.
- Design covered hardware (electrical/mechanical/hydraulic) and software development (Labview) as well as supervising provisioning and installation of this $500k test system weighing in at over 30 tons.
ConfidentialFlight Control Systems Engineer
- Flight Control Systems Engineer (contractor) Worked on testing the flight control systems for the new Boeing 777X Dreamliner.
- Actually performed the physical testing and debug, then ran problems to root cause through a maze of 43 FPGA controlled modules using DOORS, Synergy, Matlab, Simulink, VHDL C++.
- Once root cause was found, modified the code, compiled, and retested until the failures were resolved and the fixes included in the flying testbed and all required documentation updated.
- Project was terminated and everyone laid off due to Boeing 737 MAX problem
Director of Engineering
- Confidential was a prime contractor to the Department of Defense for " Confidential ", providing research and development services in high speed computing. Was in charge of all projects as Director of Engineering, personally designed and developed Confidential 's first commercial product venture, a state of the art high speed matrix signal processor targeted as a co - processor for micro, mini and mainframe computers. It was comprised of a total of 5 32 thirty two bit microprocessors and associated circuitry.
- The project consisted of complete responsibility for all phases of design from conception through hardware, firmware, user software, and algorithm development. A later project consisted of 5 thirty two bit processors around a multi-ported memory system capable of a sustained 100 megaflops performance.
- Personally managed and architected Confidential 's state of the art compiler project. This compiler was featured on the front page of Computer Design magazine. It is a reconfigurable compiler, written in C, which can utilize user defined languages on user designated hardware. It includes full optimization and supports parallel architectures. Acted as senior analyst for the project, developing the architectural design as well as providing technical and implementation guidance. Delivered project on time and under budget.